News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

moderatorpicker.

Started by unknowed, November 03, 2010, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unknowed

so i'm lifeing in the Netherlands and since jeremy picks moderators, the people in my timezones got a lower chance of been chosen. i think this is a waste, because there are so many people playing this game from other country's and i thinks me and them deserve a more honest chance to be picken so after just a couple of minutes of thinking, this was my suggestion: a person who live's in a other timezone so he can watch and tell or post jeremy or ry who is a good\bad player.

UnKnOwEd

Emptyness

o yeah btw, â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ to all you nice pop song haters...
stole that from dug, my bad.

Pk0wnedall

This topic will make you less likey to get mod. You shouldn't of asked.

Theres really no difference being mod, Having a crown or not, At least you get to play the game.

Being mod people respect you more and suck up to you.

Then they get angry at you for muting them.

Just don't ask and wait to be picked.

unknowed

this is just going a little about me.. mostly it's going about a more even chance for players in other timezones. maybe it make's more sense now?

Emptyness

Rivin X

Well, reality is that most of our moderators are diverse when it comes to time zones. For example, i'm about 4-5 hours off of where jeremy lives. In general, the majority of our staff all live in different time zones.

~Personal Achievements~

- AllGoFree Administrator
- Player Moderator
- Forum Moderator
- 1st Person to get Max Combat Stats (Classic & Blitz)
- #1 Highscores (Blitz)
- #1 Strength (Blitz & Classic)
- #1 Attack (Classic)
- #1 Hitpoints (Blitz & Classic)
- #1 Range (Blitz & Classic)
- #1 Mage (Blitz)
- # Title "Mr.Strength Cape"
-  DeathZone Owner
-  Voted Best Pker
-  Developers Corner {DC}
-  Invited to Inner Circle {IC}
-  300+ Respect
-  Winner of Pking Contest

Vee Dub

Quote from: Rivin x on November 03, 2010, 02:28:16 PM
Well, reality is that most of our moderators are diverse when it comes to time zones. For example, i'm about 4-5 hours off of where jeremy lives. In general, the majority of our staff all live in different time zones.
So pretty much, It doesn't matter when you're on. Just be active.

d1stortor

lmao, tell me about it. I live in the same time zone as Jeremy and I hardly see him online! lmao! so yea, i think time zone does not matter.
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

Kryptonite

Mod picker would be biased though because he would probably be more likely to pick people he likes. I think it should stay Jeremy's job, and only Jeremy's job.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

d1stortor

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 03, 2010, 06:48:43 PM
Mod picker would be biased though because he would probably be more likely to pick people he likes. I think it should stay Jeremy's job, and only Jeremy's job.
I totally agree. I do not think it's our job to decide who gets mod or not. Because if we did have a chance to vote, we would always pick ourselves. We are very selfish people and never think about others. That's why I think this job should stay between Ry and Jeremy. :)
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

M I K E

Quote from: Mute on November 04, 2010, 04:37:04 PM
Does it really matter?
I live in the UK, and that's 5-6 hours ahead of Jeremy, but I still got a moderator position.

Ugh... Why is it that most of the "Suggestions" I reply to nowdays are ones that I prove wrong in a sentence?

It's easier to get forums moderator if you live in diffrent timezone because staff can see what you do?

Like in-game there isnt man people online when you are seeing do you have change to get mod or somethin...

Mu opinion  ::)

Genuine

Everyone can get Mod, you just have to Believe in yourself.
I'm Aussie, and got Moderator. It really doesn't matter.

Sad Panda

This topic is seriously pointless. Like Rory said anyone can get a position. He's an Australian and he used to be an in game mod. Luke is a forum mod and he lives in the United Kingdom. I bet if I looked into it we could find another staff member, or ex-staff member, that was from another country. All you have to do is play the game and to the best of your ability obey the rules, help out the staff by making reports, and help others refrain from breaking rules. You shouldn't do those things just to get staff, just out of the good of your heart. The crown is just a bonus for if you get noticed doing it frequently and doing it well.

Ry60003333

Like Killer Panda said, anyone can become a Mod, and Jeremy does a great job of choosing great people to be Mods. However, asking to be a Mod is still the worst way to become one. :P
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

unknowed

this isen't made because i want mod (i do want to be mod) but i just thought it would make it more fair,

Emptyness