News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

WorldScape Classic Beginnings

Started by Ry60003333, November 07, 2010, 11:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

Background: This is a story that one of our original Classic players wrote, although I've lost the username and found this as a text file on my computer. Its actually very good, so read it if you wish!

Chapter 1

A storm hit Gielienor on that 5th day of the 6th Month. Unusual for the hot season. During the night, so much rain had fallen that many places were flooded. Fairies had to seal off their caves. Elves reunited and prayed. Death was coming out of the plagued streets of West Ardougne. In Falador, civilians had reunited in the Castle's caves. A good part of Yanille had been destroyed. The Wilderness itself was safer than the whole of Gielienor.

In one of the many corridors of Varrock Castle, two people were speaking in hushed tones. One was the beloved King of Varrock, Roald; the other was Andrew, ruler of United Gielienor, the most powerful organization in the land. Around them, a herbal smoke was protecting the Castle. Guards had fled, most Administrators too. The Apocalypse was only beginning...

On the 6th day morning, streets were quiet. Nobody was selling, most doors had stayed closed. Alone, in the Falador Bank and some other wet, dank places, some merchants were selling rares at an even higher price then usual. However, in the southern city of Rimmington, wanderers witnessed what was the worst event of the whole Gielienor history. It was still dark and cloudy and the shadows of dead corpses were covering the streets. And in the middle, the red portal was glowing, and ejected the next God of RuneScape: Durial the Great.

A battle ensued. More than 100 people were out of the portal, and began killing people, anywhere. They were magers, and used freezing spells that glistened in the dark light of sun. Nobody, or almost nobody, tried to stand against them. They walked on Falador, and here the true struggle began.

"-Ah, brother, what a pity to see you that early. It smells...death." Durial laughed, approved by his followers.

"-I dreaded this day since long, and today is the day you die! We won't fall against your might, wanna-be Zaros!" a general of the Falador army said. But it was already too late; scimitars, whips and staves were already slashing and charging. No one is sure of what happened during the intense fighting that followed, but at the end, blood and dropped items littered the ground around the statue of the holy Saradomin.

Durial and his minions had already killed most of the Army, when came the Redemption. Four Warriors had entered the city, on a shining vehicle. Durial was stunned. One of the warriors - a red-haired rather cute woman, dressed in a sort of Dragonhide armor, stood up and jumped in front of the killer, before getting ready to fight.

Her weapon was, however, unknown. And, after examining her armor, it became obvious tht she wasn't from Gielienor...But, she didn't care, and with her sword, she just hit on Durial's staff, which broke. Drawing his battleaxe, his hands full of blood, dizzy, brave, he hit the armor of the female warrior, who replyed by shooting a bullet out of her blade, before hitting the assasin's stomach. Durial had died...Angry, his followers looked forward to slaughter those who had killed their leader. The three other saviors went down the car. They were all male, but wore the same red dragonhide-like armor. No fight occured, though. Another car, held by twenty white stallions, arrived in Falador. The Elders... Rather known as Administrators, they were as powerful as Gods. In one strike, they killed the hundred PKers, while the four strangers silently left the city, watched by some amazed people.

Since that time, things became steadily worse for the people of Gielienor. Reports of assasins near Edgeville and Varrock, made the Admins cast a new Ancient spell, which erected a volcano in the center of the Wilderness, killing any man standing inside. Their souls were haunting the barren realm, but another spell casted on this area prevented them from attacking. Two years later, the event was forgotten, when it became clear that it was useless. Attacks were reported on Varrock, whose population was ruthlessly exterminated by necromancers; East Ardougne, Falador and soon the whole mainland was invaded. In two months, most of the population died, and even the islands of Gielienor were not safe. Leaded by Andrew, hte last survivors left their homeland on sailboats. Out of 200'000 inhabitants, only 1'000 survived...Most were scared for life. However, in the Lady Radiance, a man and his two best friends would decide to go back to Gielienor. Those three men were the key to the rebirth of Gielienor. Their names: Ryan, Jeremy, and Max...

Chapter 2
"Wake up."

"Mmh."

Ryan woke up in the Inn of Port Eleadras, one of the last stronghold of men. He was from a hunting course in the nearby village of Seraphia, and was exausted. Near him, Max and Jeremy were standing. Max began: "We cannot live like this anymore. I know that this city is great, but... we need to go."

Ryan looked at the people, only replying "Meh, we ain't got any ship."

Jeremy informed him that they had, actually, bought a boat with the money earned as they were mercenaries. After having breakfast, Ryan dressed in his most beautiful outfit - a full Gilded armor -, while Jeremy and Max wore Guthix-trimmed rune platebodies and legs. They went out of the building, and headed toward the Port, traveling through crowded avenues of the city. The crowds of merchants and traders hawking their wares watched them carefully; the three's reputation preceded them.

The city they lived in since the Loss (as they had come to call it) was indeed great. It had flourished on the coast of an unknown island. Lots of houses had been built, and great avenues leaded these areas to the golden center of the citadel, to the Palace, where Andrew lived. Around, many crafting, farming, smithing buildings had been built. The port at the north had enough room to host hundreds of fishermen's boats, which feeded the entire city. Population, in twenty years, had risen, from 500 to 4500. A young population, though none cared about their past. They had the security and comfort they wanted. Some were soldiers and guards, some worked as skillers. Priests of Saradomin and Zamorak were allied, and ended up following Guthix. The nearby colonies bought from Eleadras, in exchange for raw materials. But, that was not enough for Ryan and his friends. They had to go. A bit later, on the port, a young man came up to Ryan.

"Greetings! Name's Gizmo, and I'm like the best sailor around; so care 'bout hirin' me?"

Ryan and Max nodded, but Jeremy stood against Gizmo.

"That's a noobie. A betrayer. Look in his dark eyes! He doesn't follow Guthix, that's certain!

"Jeremy, Ryan said, calm down."

Shipping the Lady Radiance, the formed party sailed away, to Gielienor, not sure of what they would find there...

A couple of weeks later, the coast of southern Gielienor appeared to the men. They were navigating along the Elven realm, but everything seemed empty. Noone appeared to be alive. Even elven warriors had fallen under the killers. Gizmo had proposed the party to dock at Relleka, a northern city of the Barren Lands. Indeed, it would be easier for them to wander around, later. As the four people touched the ground, they felt the oppressive silence of thousands of murdered people. Relleka's buildings were destroyed for the most. Only the stone well was intact. The fires which had burnt the lands were extinguished since long, yet, smoke emanated from the ground. Walking around a bit of time, they eventually came across a Red Portal, similar to the Rimmington one, on that Doom's Day.

"-o, Gizmo, you lead us to their hideout," Jeremy said, "and you know we're gonna get killed."

"I did not plan this." He simply replied. Max added that it could have been everywhere, and that their duty was to kill the murderers. As such, they decided to enter the portal and see what lied beyond...

Chapter 3

At first, everything was red. A light from the top of the cave they had entered cast an eerie glow onto the cavern floor. Nobody was around. As they went to the far away castle, far more lightened and red than the cave, they found on their path, the dead corpses of mutiled PKers. After some time, it was the turn of a dozen of dwarves to be found, with wierd weapons, able to throw balls at an amazing speed. Gizmo named them "Fixed devices", because of the difficulty they had to take them off the corpses' hand. Oddly enough, the corpses weren't skeletons yet. Why so? They were fighting less than 6 months, meaning that Keldagrim was still alive! After wielding their devices, they came to the closed castle. At that time, an arrow hit Ryan's armored chest. The four simply decided to shoot at the castle, in the hope the devices were effective against stone, as they had been against the killers.

Nobody was inside. After two hours, they came to the evidence there was no assasin, or that they had fled. However, the corpses of dark knights were spreaded in the corridors and rooms. Only as they came to the Throne Room, they met one.

"You...have come...to kill me...?" He was severly wounded, but obviously an assasin.

"What are you doing here, and who are you?" Ryan asked.

"Listen to me...There is...a dwarven b-beast...it was sent by...Keldagrim..."

"Haha! Your death has come it seems!" Jeremy laughed.

"You are fools to...trust...this! It killed...The summoners...and all of us...I am the last one...But...You will die before me!"

At this time, he drank a yellow potion, and stood, having drawn his runite 2-handed sword.

"Name's Cerial, and I am your worst nightmare!"

A battle engaged. Ryan and Cerial madly and violently fought, but neither landed a single hit, darting in and out. Max shout, and with an unexpected strength, came in the fight, switching his armor for a set of dark robes and raining ice and smoke down on Cerial. But again, Cerial was too fast. Their weapons sang as they collided. Gizmo sighed, and froze Cerial, allowing Ryan to plunge his weapon in his chest.

"Have we... succeded?"

They had not. Right in front of them, an harpy, probably summoned by the dwarves, was charging. Ryan did not even bother asking anything, and the four saviors jumped on the Harpy, killing her easily.

"Let's leave. We have a long way to go." Max ordered, and they left the portal as it extinguished. Certainly, the war was over. They went back to the boat, and rested.

"So, Ryan. What's our next step?" Max asked.
"I don't know... I don't like the looks of this."

"What? Why?"

"I'm... not sure," Ryan looked puzzled, "On one hand, I would like to warn our people, but they are too attached to their new city. No-one cares about Gielienor anymore. It is seen as the lands of evil. They will not trust us. But, I can't stay here..."

"You have killed them."

"But, most are fearful for life. The elders will never be back. Most of them are dead, and Andrew is busy managing Port Eleadras."

Ryan stood up, pacing around the room. He went to the window and looked at the ocean.

"My decision is made. Gizmo and Jeremy will go back to Eleadras and warn Andrew that Gielienor is safe. They will ask him to do his best to bring people back. Max, and me, will stay here, and we will rebuild a greater Gielienor! As resplenished and shining as ever!"

Ryan's companion only looked at him, bemused but interested.

Chapter 4

Meanwhile, in a warm cave, somewhere in Gielienor, Shadow, one of the heroes of the Doom's Day, was playing guitar. There hadn't been much to do these past 20 years. He had been granted immortality ever since the fight, and eternal youth, so he did not really care about whatever happened. He could not get back to his homeworld, as Zanaris and the Dreamland were no more, but this didn't matter. As long he had a fire to warm up, some food, he was happy. Those 20 years were spent sleeping and hunting, as well as making weapons. He felt alone, but truly did not matter. However, he wasn't a loner, enjoying loneliness to the point of being antisocial. That wasn't him at all! Next to him, hammers and various tools were put, and he had made more than two hundred weapons. Made of gold and incrusted sapphires and dragonstones, with a silver handle, they were better than the dwarven swords themselves. There were also thousands of bows, made of trees of the forest...Indeed, he was a ranger. It was his way to forget he was to be alone, forever...Outside the cave, the forest was endless, though on sunny days, the bay of Relleka could be seen. Shadow dreamt of going there and meeting people, but he denied it to himself...

Another time, another place. James was living in a cosy cottage, away from Gielienor. He had managed to move, with his young companion Cheeky, to his homeworld, and had become a well-known mercenary. He lived in a medieval city, similar to Varrock. He had forgotten the events of Falador and his allies. Now, his place was on that city, and he spent his days tracking down thieves to kill them. He had also been granted the gift of immortality, and was pleased. He knew that he could die from a sword hit, but his armor - made of runite, which didn't exist in his world - protected him enough. And, still, he lacked something. He didn't know what, exactly, but this loss was going to drive him mad. He decided to embark on a airship of the nearby Elvish country, looking for Gielienor on the opposite side of the planet.

Cheeky though having fled, came back to Gielienor and lived in Port Eleadras. His home, close to the beach, was quiet, and Cheeky was well-known for this taste. He was no longer the fighter, but an immortal young. He was a merchant of ores and metal bars, and had made a lot of money. Nevertheless, he had found no girlfriend, despite a very handsome body and face. He was somewhat cynical, but beloved in his community. Once a week, he came to Andrew, who had made him the Foreign Trade Minister's secretary. Not much to do, because apart from the colonies of Eleadras, there was no foreign country known. He was happy to life, overally, but little did he know he'd help saving Gielienor once more?

Away from the world, orbiting around in space, in a spaceship made by the Dwarves, the shemale Avey was a scientific officer. Since the Doom's Day, she had become a male human. Cynical and ruthless, he was known for his heroic acts. He helped saving a crew member named Rinoa, and another named Anna, who became his bride. However, at the death of the latter, in a terrible accident, Avey became introvert and only exited his quarteers to buy some neccesary goods. He was, actually, a follower of the Dark Side, and felt the soul of Durial in his mind even more since the spaceship approached a planet that looked like the planet Gielienor belonged to...

Some weeks after Ryan's arrival in Gielienor, Shadow decided to leave his woods, to get to Relleka. He had indeed spotted Ryan's presence, After dressing in a grey hooded cloak, he went though the woods. They were dark and frightening, but he was used to it. The deeper he went, the greater fear became, but that did not matter. He was to meet a human, he who had not seen one in twenty years! However, as he arrived in Relleka, he found out nobody was here. He had thought of a colony, but found dust. Night had fallen, and he was afraid of going further. After cutting a tree and burning the few logs he got, he realized something important. He would not be able to go back to his cave... It was too far away. On the next morning, resigned, he decided to walk to Lumbridge, where, maybe, people would have moved. As he was walking in the burnt roads to Varrock, submerged by bones and remains, surrounded by vast ruins and barren landscape, afflicted and thoughtful, he heard a weird noise. Something like a whistle.  "I've heard that before..It's an arrow!" There was no place to take cover in the bare, scorched landscape.  He quickly looked around, but to no avail.  For the first time since the war, he was scared.  He ran, but it seemed like he wasn't even moving.  Suddenly, an explosion behind him threw him a dozen of meters off his position.

He woke up in a warm room. His initial fear had gone. He felt so well...He stood up, and put his armor on. He looked, definetely amazed, around. The room was made of steel plates fixed with nails. A greenish light above the hexagonal door softly lightened it. He went to the window, on the opposite wall. Semmingly made of pure crystal, it showed Varrock. He heard the opening door, and a male voice said :

"-Welcome to the Aeris. I know, it's somewhat...grey, straight and cold. But you will see it is a great place."

Shadow turned and saw the man. At first, he stayed speechless. But his face (brown eyes and hair, pale skin) and armor (which looked like a mix of Runite armor and Vannaka's one), this style, the sound of his voice, quickly remembered him someone he had known in the past.

"-Wouldn't you...Be...Irnarrow?"

"-I am, indeed. How do you know this?"

Apparantly, the mercenary didn't know of Shadow.

"-We fought, together...Man, it's so awesome! I haven't seen a single human in 21 years!"

"-Shadow...Is that really you?"

"-I am, dude! Why did you threw arrows and exploded behind me, by the way?"

"-Hey calm down. I wasn't."

"-Yes sure. Since yesterday, I feel fearful and now, you almost kill me!"

"-I was just landing. This airship..."

"-Meh, looks like a steel glider to me. Gliders don't explode."

"-This one does", Irnarrow ended, before apologizing.

Irnarrow explained him his life after the Doom's Day, that he had left to the other side of the world, and that a very advanced elvish people had given him the means to be back into Gielienor. He told Shadow that he was mercenary, that he had got wealthy, and that he never hoped to see his friend anymore. After a while, both men went out of the ship, that flew high in the sky and disseapeared.

They headed to Lumbridge, but quickly reckoned that if a ship would dock, it would be at Port Sarim. And, actually, as they went there, three great Eleadras sailboats were advancing in the sunset, toward the port...

Chapter 5

The room was a cluttered, dank office space, with a desk and two chairs - one on each side. Staring into a long, winding scroll of parchment sat Max, looking throughly annoyed. There must be some way to convince more people to move back into Glienor... he'd never realized just how foolish and cowardly some people could be. But then, when you considered those who brought the world into this state in the first place, you have to admit that everyone had a reason to be scared. Rubbing his temples, Max let out a sigh and brushed a small pile of runes off his desk.

There was a sharp knock at the door, Max stood, immediately recalling his appointment. "Enter," he said briskly, not wanting to waste time. Shadow and Irnarrow stepped into the room, looking around with cautious but proud expressions. Upon seeing them, Max rounded the side of the desk, smiling broadly.

"Gentlemen. It is an honor to have you here." He said, motioning for them to sit down and dusting off a chair in the corner.

"Likewise, of course." Shadow spoke first, but Irnarrow followed immediately,

"It's been a long journey - but we're sure it's worth it."

Max nodded, grinning. "I know this place might not be what you're used to... but our people are brave and we do well for ourselves. I am glad you accepted our offer; at the celebration tonight I will introduce you officially." Shadow and Irnarrow knew the opportunity Max spoke of was to become a member of the New Admins, Ry's elite group of rulers and lawkeepers. The two had certainly earned it, having fought off several dark warriors who had used the wilderness curses against the popluace just a short while ago.

"There is one thing, however," Max said, inclining his head so as to speak in a more confidential tone, "We've been recieving some odd reports from the Safe Fighting Arena. Apparently there is some problem with those who enter the Arena from the Castle battlefield. We have no confirmed reports, but I want you both to watch these areas closely."

The two nodded, not realizing how important that knowledge would be.

Chapter 6

In Chapter Five, new Mods, named Josh, Pest are appearing; and both Irnarrow and Shadow are made Mods. Chapter 6 is set about 2 years after Chapter 5...

Two years had passed since Ryan and his allies had arrived in the abandonned realm of Gielienor. Life on the mainland was now a bit more bustling. The Cities of Lumbridge and Varrock, among all, had become great havens of peace and freedom, and people who had made their stand and went to Gielienor had become very wealthy. Nobody had forgotten the events of the Doom's Day, but no beast from the Wilderness was coming. The Ditch had been buried into oblivion. This was certainly the best times of Gielienor.

Nevertheless, Reldo's children, as they were wandering around the Varrock library, came across an ancient stone, on which was written a prophecy. The older one took it and read :

"The Lagera will soon end, when the four Warriors,
Long since splitted, gathered once more, and only then,
Will vanish the reign of fools, outrageous traitors,
So peace remains moreover in the lands of men."

His brother anxiously looked at him.

"-Tell me, what does this mean?"

"-That ancient lores were true."

"-That can't be?"

"-The Four Warriors existed, and rumors say that two of them are already in the High Admin Council."

"-Oh..."

He then took the bright stone and touched its back symbol - Zaros'. It began to shine and to glow a purple light, as the writing was changing.

"Before the thirteenth moon, they shall be united,
Ready to go to war, ready to kill Altair,
If they fail to slay him, if they are defeated,
Doom shall once more threaten a world full of despair."

As they were reading this text, a deep voice in their back called them.

"-This holy stone is the path to WorldScape. Follow its instructions, and you will be rewarded."

The young adults turned and saw Mod Josh.

"-Josh? What are you doin' here?"

"-Oh, don't care about it. I had a dream, that's all. We need the four Warriors to kill a beast named Altair. Who he is, what he seeks for, are unknown and misty. But you should find it out. Touch the Zaros symbol again."

Another text appeared.

"Close to Admins he lies, and seeks for high power,
Unexpected he strikes, and alive he remains,
As only four Saviors Guthix named to lower
The hold this one has got, on this place at first glance."

Mod Josh was joined by Ryan and Max themselves. Josh announced :

"-Max, Ryan. We found what the Great Threat Andrew's priests had announced will be, and I am fearing we are running low on time."

Ryan nodded and ordered :
"-Then, the whole Moderators will fight, and the four Heroes with them. The AllGoFree company shall remain the owner of those lands. Any clue about location of heroes, or, perhaps, identity of the Threat?"
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Pk0wnedall

This is a massive nice story, It was a good one to read.

Sad Panda

I liked that one. It reminded me of the ones about the clans.

masterp82

i was going to read the whole thing then i scrolled then, so nvm,haha. chapter one was awsome though.

Vee Dub

I liked the part about punishments. Very clever.