News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

my story, XD.

Started by d1stortor, November 02, 2010, 10:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d1stortor

Well I am Doing a Digital Story about how I became independent and a young man. I am hoping someone here helps me by telling me on what to improve or where I can expand more, etc. etc. I do not care if you guys say it sucks or something like that. I really don't mind, so please feel free to show your opinion.

It goes like this....
you can take the boy out of juarez but you don't take juarez out of the boy...

I have a strong feeling for Mexico. Mexico is everything to me. A specific place that I have strong feeling for is Ciudad Juarez. Although I only lived there for two years, Juarez is where I learned responsability and it is where I became a young man.

I had a very comfortable childhood. My parents moved a lot; I was born in Oregon, we moved to Mexico, then to Houston, then Austin, and after that we moved to Ciudad Juarez. It might sound like a hard life for a young kid to move so many times. But being the youngest of four children, I was always cared for and protected by my parents and my three older siblings. I remember when i was fourteen I had a fight with one of my classmates. My dad came to school and stood up for me. I was grateful for his support but at the same time I wanted to take responsibility for it.

My comfortable life I had, changed when I became a teenager. My older siblings had left so I no longer had them to stand up for me. My dad wanted me to think the same way I thought when I was a kid. He wanted me to stay home all the time and did not want me to go out with my friends. We began to argue. I began to rebel. If my father wanted it, I didn't. I began to avoid going to school and I started doing drugs. Life at home became unbearable and I deecided to leave and go out on my own.

I left with ten pesos in my pocket and the clothes on my back. I borrowed money from my girlfriend, Miriam, and stayed my first night in a motel. But I realized I could not give my self luxuries if I was going to survive on the streets with the amount of money I had. For the next six days I stayed with my friends during the day and slept outside a cathedral at night. After many conversations, Miriam and I convinced her parents to let me stay at their house. My relationship with Miriam showed me the importance of caring for another human being. I began taking on small jobs and helping around the house. I also realized the importance of school so I went back to classes and started doing very well. For the very first time I began to get some self-respect. I was independent, and I was taking responsibility for my own actions.

My dad was furious that I had left home. When my parents decided to move to San Francisco my dad threaten to have the authorities put me in foster care, unless I came with them. I felt I didn't have a choice so I went back home. Next day we were on our way to San Francisco. I have been here six months, I still argue with my dad very often. But the words he tells me do not bother me anymore. I know my life is in my own hands, I'm planning in finishing high school and returning to Juarez. Juarez made me a young man, and I intend to live there like one.

THE END!!!

Well guys this was my personal story. Like I said, feel free to say any suggestions or you guys' opinion. Please do not laugh or something or make fun of what I went through, because it was something really hard for me and I hope this does not happend to you guys. Thanks for taking the time and reading this.(Btw,ten pesos is like .85 cents here in the U.S.)
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

Vee Dub

I would post something this personal about myself, As strange as that can be.

I liked your story. It's kinda upsetting :S

*P.S* You've been everywhere! Oregon, Mexico, Houston & Austin! *P.S*

Pk0wnedall

That is sad, but it is also good.

I'm sorry for the bad things.

d1stortor

no no, it's kool haha. But since i am presenting this in front of the whole class, do you guys think i can improve on something? if so, plz say so.

masterp82

Awesome story broh.I am not a pretty good writer, but if i was i would be glad to help you. I really liked it though.

Vee Dub

Quote from: d1stortor on November 03, 2010, 05:40:05 PM
no no, it's kool haha. But since i am presenting this in front of the whole class, do you guys think i can improve on something? if so, plz say so.
No, not really. Just don't get nervous.

Practice saying it ;D

d1stortor

Quote from: Vee Dub on November 07, 2010, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: d1stortor on November 03, 2010, 05:40:05 PM
No, not really. Just don't get nervous.

Practice saying it ;D

Thanks bro, I'm working on that. I have some pretty good skills to talk in front of the class. I'm one of the best speakers in class. I just too confident, haha.