News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Place that shows reason why you get warned,banned,muted,etc.

Started by d1stortor, October 23, 2010, 12:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vee Dub

Hopefully Ry or Jeremy sees' this.

It'd be better having it on the forums though. Half of the Worldscape Community doesn't use the forums. It would give them a reason to get on.

Better having it Ingame then nowhere though ;)

M I K E

That would be abusing of privacy or something...

They should just simply personal message you...

Vee Dub

Quote from: M I K E on October 27, 2010, 07:31:28 AM
That would be abusing of privacy or something...

They should just simply personal message you...
You would only see your own status, Not other players.

Pk0wnedall

I think enough Chit-Chat, All the people in this board want this idea to happen. I think this should now be locked and put up for debate, It's just spamming now. If it does happen it won't for a while because Ryan has other things to do with WorldScape Blitz. Anyway, i think it should be locked and Ryan and the other staff should think about it.

Con1887

Quote from: Pk0wnedall on October 28, 2010, 02:31:14 AM
I think enough Chit-Chat, All the people in this board want this idea to happen. I think this should now be locked and put up for debate, It's just spamming now. If it does happen it won't for a while because Ryan has other things to do with WorldScape Blitz. Anyway, i think it should be locked and Ryan and the other staff should think about it.

Part of this board is for debate, commenting on the suggestions that are brought up and possibly improving them by replying your input on the suggestion.

If you feel as if the topic is being spammed or is off-topic, report it to the moderators via clicking the 'Report to moderator' on the bottom of the users reply.

Thank you - please continue this great discussion.

Coleshot1

Really, none of you have any good reason to be "banned, muted or etc." in the first place. *Coughmysignaturecough*

You keep saying nobody uses the forums, then saying it should be on the forums, which is kind of redundant. When it came to classic, you'd simply PM/ask Staff until someone answered, like the Mod who muted you. (After checking reports of course) Now with our new system for doing disciplinary stuff, it should be easy to find out what was done to who, when and why. So, if this doesn't end up turning into something official like a board or a service, just ask some staff you know is active to check. We don't need ignorant players who can't click a random person on the staff list and ask what happened.
Though a lot of staff is usually pretty busy, so unless some other people say they will too, you could just ask me. PM me asking why you were [action]ed, how long for etc., and I'll try to find out. As long as everyone's using the system right, you should get an answer pretty quickly.
The idea of an in-game command would work pretty well and be awesome for the ignorant ones, but it might be a little hard to implement it so it wouldn't need to be updated manually.

So, yeah. Keep arguing constructive criticism here, and it might turn out to be something big like the highscores. :D
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

masterp82

what coleshot posted actually makes sense....why put it on forums if that certain person doesn't use forums. but it's always good having it for the ones that do, xD

Coleshot1

Not saying it'd be bad to have it on the forums, just that you can't say "No one uses the forums" and "Put it on the forums" in the same post. Like I said, it'd be hard to make it automatically update as an in-game command, so either it could turn into an actual service, or you can ask me.
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Vee Dub

Quote from: Coleshot1 on October 28, 2010, 11:10:41 PM
Not saying it'd be bad to have it on the forums, just that you can't say "No one uses the forums" and "Put it on the forums" in the same post. Like I said, it'd be hard to make it automatically update as an in-game command, so either it could turn into an actual service, or you can ask me.
What I'm implying is that if, for arguments sake, we put this account status centre on the forums that it would give people a reason to get on.

It's possible that they might like the forums, And not just get on to check there accounts status.

I'm just Spitballing here.

d1stortor

wow! i'm liking this argument. An idea i had you guys gave you guy's idea and showed you guys' point of views and are turning it into a better idea! awesome! And i do like the fact that probably more people are going to be using the forums because of this. Forums are very helpful and it's a shame that alot of people don't even use the forums.
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

brianc

Hello,

To be honest, I'm there with you on the Forums issue.

I wish more people would be willing to use this Forum rather than getting stuck with a problem In-Game.

I love this Idea.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

d1stortor

Quote from: brianc on October 29, 2010, 10:05:51 PM
Hello,

To be honest, I'm there with you on the Forums issue.

I wish more people would be willing to use this Forum rather than getting stuck with a problem In-Game.

I love this Idea.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Yup, I always wanted more people on forums. The more people = The more help and more opinions from others.
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$