News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Touhou.

Started by Coleshot1, August 29, 2010, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coleshot1

I'm sure you guys have seen either in my 'Personal Text', Location or signature (many times), me mentioning something called Touhou.
Touhou is literally a "Bullet-hell, side-scrolling shoot'em up game". Of course there are plenty of fan-made things that could resemble anime (The remixed song's flash videos, for example), but really it's just a series of games.

Arguably some of the hardest games in the world, while the levels range from Easy to Lunatic, "Easy" still tends to be very hard. I'll post a video of a random Lunatic gameplay video I find. *Looks one up*

This one was saved as a replay and played in "Boss mode", so at the start (Whenever you aren't fighting the boss) it's sped up. But you're basically fighting the boss the whole time after the first 40 seconds, so.
Also, if you don't watch the entire video, you aren't allowed to say it isn't the hardest game in the world.

Yes, I do play this often, but I'll admit I never passed 4:25. Your lives and spellcards(Big explosions that destroy bullets) are nullified, and you can't shoot. All you can do is hopelessly try to survive until it's over. I got maybe 1/5 through that part. XD

Any questions, I'll be glad to answer.
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Drunk Mario

Question: How can i play this game? ::)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Coleshot1

Considering these games are basically Japanese, and everyone in the US wants them, they're hard to find for free without signing up for crap. So, I'll do it for you. (Took me 3 days of searching.)

http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/ Is your best friend when it comes to Touhou.
After you sign up, go to
http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42867-official-doujinstyle-reclamation-thread-30/
There are a few games, but considering Touhou 08 is the easiest(The one in that video), I'd recommend that one.
So go to that page after signing up and type Ctrl+f (Or whatever you use to search text) and search "TH08". Click the first "Download here" after the name.

After (if you're me, taking forever downloading the files needed, should be like 6?), I'm not 100% sure what to do with the files. I'm pretty sure it had to do with extracting the files and doing some test thing. Let me look up where it said how...

Okay, on the same page you ctrl+f'd for TH08, Ctrl+f "Extracting/playing the games". Apparently you need to download 7zip and/or winRAR. 7zip is generally useful, and hopefully you already have a program that does what winRAR does.
Then it has instructions on how to extract the game's files. I'm no expert on that stuff so I won't try to explain it. The important part is basically
"Some games may feature multiple parts. To play them, simply download all the parts into the same folder, right click one of the parts and select "extract here", or select "7zip", then "extract here" for .7z files."

I'm sorry it's so complicated, but it really is a good game. And, here's a little advice.
It's much better to die repeatedly on Normal mode than play on Easy mode! Play easy for maybe a day or two, to get used to it, maybe google touhou basics. But as soon as you get how to play, try to avoid Easy at all costs.
Also, a little psychological help: If you think the game is too hard, watch some "Touhou Lunatic Gameplay" videos on youtube first, then go play on Normal. It actually helps. o_O

Again, if you have any more questions, ask me here. But please don't ask for help installing, as I got lucky when I did it the first 3 times... Lol. If you realllyy need help, maybe post somewhere on the doujinstyle forums. Just don't ask me. I'll only mess it up more. =P
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Drunk Mario

How do I extract it? (Just kidding) :P

IN all seriousness here though, My friend got this game on his computer (i told him to do all that st00f) I played it, VERY fun game. MAKE IT IN AN ENGLISH VERSION! (pl0x?)

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Coleshot1

It should come with a program in the folder that makes it English... I'm pretty sure the folder is called Imperishable Night, right? There should be two programs with the picture of the mage Marisa, one of them (Further down in the folder) should have an (e) or say english patch or something. Can't check because I no longer have the files. Anyways, you run(double click) it once, do whatever small setup there may be, and then it'll run in English every time. It isn't too hard, just look around the folder until you find it.
It might not have that picture or an (e), but it shouldn't be hard to find. I believe it's the same as the one to play it with something added to it. (E.G. Th06(e))