News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

worldscape / runescape with a 360 controler

Started by aether, April 14, 2009, 12:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aether

I'm going to  teach you how to play worldscape/runescape ect. on a 360 controler.
1) diffculty 2/10
2) items needed - a wired 360 controler with a USB port hook up and xpadder software.  ( dl viva link - http://www.xpadder.com/ )

-------------------

Step one - installing drivers; insert your 360 controler into the USB port and allow it to install the software.
Step two - install xpadder software. Once you do this go to www.youtube.com and type in; xpadder setup and watch a tut. vid. theres something words can't explain. lol
step three - set up the controler so that there is right click, left click, mouse movment, and any other buttons you feel are necisary                           
step four - open u worldscape and play. I would not suggest this for pvp b/c the mouse movment is kinda slow. This is a l33t trick to show to your friends. if there is any questions feel free to ask.  ;D
controller thrower - A video game that is so frustrating and difficult that it will make you lose your temper and throw your controller. The result behind thousands of broken controllers, tvs, and game systems.  That is why i play computer games ^.^

Volcanic Me

Yeah... I thought it was pretty sweet when you showed me. Now all I need is a 360 controller...

Zack

aether

ya, i dont think a wireless one would work, it dosnt have to be a 360 controller tho. You can buy a cheap one from wall mart ect.

- Here is my set up -
I found out that setting the right toggle as mouse and left toggle as Direction padd is a good combo, i set the y,x,a,b, and D pad to F keys for quick use and the triggers as left and right click ( i prefer left begin right click and right being left click, feels more nature ) and the bummpers as backspace and enter. Lastly the start and back buttons are my volume control buttons.

If you have a wireless controller as longa s it has a USB port hook up u can use it.   ;)
controller thrower - A video game that is so frustrating and difficult that it will make you lose your temper and throw your controller. The result behind thousands of broken controllers, tvs, and game systems.  That is why i play computer games ^.^

Zack

I've tried using my wireless controller, and the only way I could get it to work would be to go by a hub to plug into my computer, but that cost like $50.

aether

it'd be cheaper to buy a wired or pc controller

- 360 wired controller - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196264

- pc controller - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10715045

there are a few options, my local walmart has a pc controller for 14.95 USD so based on your location is how much it might cost you.

Zack

I could just use the perfectly good mouse I have that cost $5 o_O

aether

ok... im just trying to help, and where can you find a mouse for 5 dollars? If it costs five then it must be made out of cardboard and duct tape, that or you got a 5 dollar theiving kit and stole it... Other then that your not getting a "useable" mouse for $5... lol  :D

Zack

I don't have a wireless mouse (I don't need one) they're pretty cheap.

aether

still... 5? the cheapest mouse i've ever seen is 15-20$, u must have either got one tht is a pic. of a mouse taped onto a box or an amazing deal on one.

Zack

I've had it since I got my computer back in 2006, if you payed $20 extra they gave you some logitech keyboard and mouse set, I always thought the keyboard was worth more than the mouse. Lets stop filling this topic with spam lol.

Pure01owner

why dont you guys use a mouse and keybored -__-
~Ex Owner Of Blitz 50â,,¢ Ftw!!~

Respect nothing. But Your Beliefs, Stand Up For Them And Stand, To Fight For Ur Rights And Aspects.[move]

aether

Umm... there's nothing wrong with a "keybored" but playing with a 360 controller is just a realy cool trick, I still enjoy playing with MY keyboard.