News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

My laptop.

Started by Coleshot1, August 20, 2010, 03:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coleshot1

My laptop, is the worst I've ever seen. There have been many, many problems, the disk space is incredibly low(Even if it was empty), and random problems occur out of nowhere. I've learned more about computers and technology than half the people on these forums just trying to keep it running.

After Worldscape stopped working recently(Java heap space error), and following Brian's guide on how to enable more space, freeing some space because it wouldn't even let me, I found out if you disabled a certain hibernating option it would automatically free up a lot of space. In my case, 1GB.(That's a lot)
After I set it to system managed size, I tried getting on WS on the low-detail client. Again, Java Heap Size error. Great.
His guide said it was supposed to ask for a restart, mine didn't. So after I posted what had happened, I went to restart my laptop, thinking it might need to and just not have told me.

I was then going to restart my laptop, but saw there were updates to be installed, so did shut down instead. 11 updates, took about 43 minutes to install all of them. (Last time 27 updates took at least 74 minutes). So then after that, I turned my laptop back on and logged in to the only profile on my laptop, and maybe 10 seconds later I get the "Low disk space" message I used to get oh-so-often. That surprised me, considering I'd just had the abnormally-large amount of 1.5GB. I opened My Computer and saw about 154MB of space.
After a bunch of checking every folder in Windows, and Program files Windows and Documents & Setting's properties, I couldn't find what was taking all the space. Maybe 10 minutes later the space had gone back up to 556MB.(591 Current)

I still can't find what's taking up that space. Whatever...
By the way, my laptop has a total of 7.11GB(whateverthewordis) of space, with 300-600MB being my average free space. I've never seen it above 2.1GB. It was just 1.5GB for a blissful 4 minutes.

So, I went from not being able to play Worldscape in Low detail, to getting about 700MB above-average space open, to losing even more than I had in the first place, AFTER disabling *hybernating(Which freed up about 1GB), to not being able to play Worldscape in Low detail, or anything for that matter.

*Speaking of which, I no longer have enough space to re-enable.

So, that's about 6% of the story of problems I've had with my laptop. You just have to love it...

By the way, I'm not putting this in Tech Support. I guess Brian or some expert could try to help, but really, my laptop is beyond repair. And given the fact that (it's probably going to break again) it's free space is 6 times less than the below-average Ipod(Total space is about half), it isn't even worth repairing.
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

-Completely, undeniably, 100% addicted to Touhou and loving it-
Without the internet, Touhou or my thoughts, I have very little a life.

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

katie xx

??? dam that doesn't sound good. :'( should try looking up on yuo tube how to fix it or something lawl x[) gl fixing it
xox
Your signature has been removed. Please check your PMs for details. --Program

cory

Sounds like that sucked.

I also had space problems, it wasnt fun.

Sora

Sorry to heart that, hope you fix it.

Drunk Mario

Yeah i was having those problems too, I did what Brian said to do and i can play RSPS now and use clients and stuff but for a limited amount of time. Then i lagg majorly and have to log off the computer user and log back in. Then I'm good.

I would suggest just buying an entirely NEW laptop. That has close to NO free space and you could get a relatively cheap one with ALOT of space on it for $150.00, A dell latitude. (that's what i have) it has 40GB Of memory on it. It May not have the BEST graphics but It is a pretty good laptop for only $150.00

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Samsonn

I had water fall on my laptop but I cleaned it immediately. I got a strange message with sound before I turned my laptop off. Afterword I could never turned my laptop on. It receives power, fans are rotating. Initially it switches off automatically but If I continue my effort to start it on it remains in power receive mode with monitor not responding at all and it starts heating at the down.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Voltimolt

Quote from: Samsonn on October 13, 2010, 12:29:23 AM
I had water fall on my laptop but I cleaned it immediately. I got a strange message with sound before I turned my laptop off. Afterword I could never turned my laptop on. It receives power, fans are rotating. Initially it switches off automatically but If I continue my effort to start it on it remains in power receive mode with monitor not responding at all and it starts heating at the down.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Try connecting an external moniter from the laptop and see if that works. If it does, the water has done some damage to the wirings connected the the moniter and needs to be repaired.

For Coleshot1, Follow my tutorial to free some memory so you can play worldscape. it doesn't free up computer space, just memory. it does work though.

http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,6879.msg54158.html

Coleshot1

There's nearly no way to "free up memory" past what I have it at right now. With which I can open Skype, the AGF client, and play a Youtube video at the same time (with lag).
Besides the fact that was 2 months ago, I just started running a different file in the folder. Don't remember what they're called, just that one's a paper or something and the other is a 'run' window with dupes. (Added _)

As for the space part, it also can't get any better without completely changing the hard drive. About 4.2GB files are basic that come with Windows I guess, out of 7.2 total. Then around .8 in things I pretty much need to be able to do things. 1GB or so I really don't know, all the files that don't seemingly do anything, but break stuff when you delete them. Then I have Touhou 08, 10, and Rekkaden, taking up the rest of the space, leaving me with 482MB after clearing my cache.
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,644.msg3850.html#msg3850
If you don't read this, you may be kicked, muted or banned without warning and not know why. No, really, read.

The video/song in my profile picture. Same video I got my last one from, if you saw that. Watch at least until the part with her glasses. That part's epic. =P

It's really sad that only about 2 of the 115+ characters of Touhou is a guy(Humans in the 'Human Village' don't count. =O), and Touhou is still more manly than "those war games".
That, and Touhou is harder, more challenging, more extremely painful than any game you've ever played. It's no wonder I don't know the difference between Halo, Call of Duty, World at War and the etcetera.

Dug

i have this problem also but i have decided to let my computer roll the way it roll's so i don't end up having to screw it up even more lol :(
that reminds me, i have another problem if anyone is interested in reading(you don't have to its just a bunch of stuff):
about 1 year ago my computer screen turned black for an hour after opening it so i shutdown and restarted, i logged in with my user and pass and a message popping up saying i was a victim of software counterfeiting :o(look at the picture i took) and i asked my dad for help but he says that if i go to the website to check and fix the problem they would do something bad and i wouldn't be able to use my computer at all so i left it since and just wanted to find out if anyone had this problem
thanks for reading :D(if you did)
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Vee Dub

Lol, I think it's time to get a new computer buddy? ;D

I haven't even dinted my Computer Space. Seeing as this is the only site i go on, Really.

Hope you fix it though, Sounds like a frustration in a nutshell.

Dug

lol we all have to have problems with our computers some day
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Coleshot1

Yeah. Problem is it was a piece of crap the second it was made. Did you not catch the whole "Total space: 7.2gb" thing?
The only good thing is it's nearly always fast. I've had 0MB(0 space.) left and it still went pretty fast, as far as 0 space goes. As long as I don't do something craazy like open Skype and the client at the same time. Noo, that'd be horibblle..

Yeah, 100% earned the title Craptop. 1/4(1/16 free) the memory of the average Ipod, can't have a video play while I'm on WS, and teaches me allll about the 'techy' stuff. By needing 'techy' knowledge to keep it running.

masterp82

well this has never happend to me but everytime i have some type of problems similar like the ones you have i always restore my computer to a certain checkpoint. this also deletes viruses and stuff.