News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Next Version of the Client

Started by Ry60003333, May 07, 2008, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

As many of you know, the WorldScape Client has some problems when loading, mainly the abyte0 nulled error. So, I've gotten a newer release of the refactored client from one of the moderators at MoparScape. So, I'm re-writing the client with that client as the base. I'm probably making a few changes also.

Instead of downloading all the files from websites, the actual game worlds may send needed files to a loading client, like real RuneScape's update servers. However I may still have the cache download from the website, to prevent lagging the worlds too much.

So far, I've gotten a basic connection from the client and I'm moving on to grabbing the files.

Were also thinking of making the client only run on the web, like the real RuneScape client. This would allow us to ensure that everyone is using the latest version of the client, and we could easily add new features and fix bugs this way.

So, what do you think?
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

James

Great Idea, (the Online-Client Deal)

And, I've came across another Null besides the Abyte0Null or w\e.

It has something to do with:

Error odd xnull

Or something like that, it's only happened like once every 20 client loads, but it's rather annyoing  :-\

Cavallers

really really good idea i really like it..... because most of the people has problems whit clients so this is the best idea for the client

-Cavallers

Jeremy

Quote from: Mod James on May 07, 2008, 05:41:14 PM

And, I've came across another Null besides the Abyte0Null or w\e.

It has something to do with:

Error odd xnull

Yes, I'm glad you pointed that out Mod James; i've noticed the same thing.  :-\
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Flame

The download client is fine as long as people do the update thing every once in a while though right?

Cavallers

yes i pretty much think so  ;D

-Cavallers

Ry60003333

Quote from: Flame on May 12, 2008, 05:01:35 AM
The download client is fine as long as people do the update thing every once in a while though right?

Well you need the latest version, and the webclient forces you to use the latest version. We can't announce every small update we do. So I'll probably add an outdated client message on the login screen for the new client, so if we offer a downloadable version, outdated versions wouldn't be allowed to connect.  :o

Mod Elias

Hah! It is looking good! ;D
I also think the online server deal is a great idea.
Why make things harder on yourself by having to update multiple connections instead of one grand server?
Glad to see how things are going!
It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - S?ren Kierkegaard

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - S?ren Kierkegaard

pepper

Yeah, I like the idea of a Web Client (even though thats what I use most of the time :D).

The Downloadable Client would be harder for everyone to manage :-\.  Downloading and Re-Downloading gets old fast (I still have the origional Downloadable Client :o)

Cavallers

yes i like the web client idea too

because people that does not have experience dealing whit this kind of stuff wont have to do anything whit
the client.
they will just go to the page and let it run. they wont have to update or anything so that will make it easy for
everyone on the server.and they will have all the cool features of the server :o
;D

-Cavallers

James

Hmm, A lot of people like the Webclient idea though, although some people cannot access the forums :-\.

I know what this week's poll will be!  :D.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Mod James on May 19, 2008, 06:01:04 PM
some people cannot access the forums :-\.
Why not?  ???

Its just a website.  :-\
Plus the forum accounts are the in game accounts, so that would be a problem. ;)

Cavallers

yeah it would be really really wierd if some 1 could not access to the forums..

-Cavallers

James

QuoteWhy not? 

Well, some broadband users using the same connection as me (and others from different connections, maybe,) Have trouble accessing some websites.

Like, on certain days, or long periods of time, I cannot access the local Job website or the local Bank website.

iloveu4eva

Hey guys, I'm new here and I think your project is great :)
I'm hoping to help out the community for whatever I can give.
Can't wait till the release :D