News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Macbook

Started by Voltimolt, July 09, 2010, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltimolt

I need help, my sister's friend's macbook has a whitescreen of death (with folder with a question mark)

and now i need help finding out how to repair.

any mac users found a solution to this problem, pl0x for answers and my sister's friend will rep me. :)

Pk0wnedall

Talk with Mute, he has a mac and seems to know a lot abut them.

Voltimolt

well, my sister's friend did say someone got it for her for her bday so idk if she still has it but,
itts gona be hard breaking the news. :(

Kryptonite

Yeah. When you boot up your macbook you should get an Apple and a little chime. The chime means your firmware is working properly and you can run your computer. The Apple means the boot up didn't screw up. If it's a globe then you network booted your computer. If it's a circle with a dash through it, you probably don't have the right firmware or something important is missing from your OS which is needed to run it. The folder with the ? means you might just have a blank OS with nothing on it. Basically you should re-install the OS and make sure you have all the files and everything on it. There's a certain key you can hold down during start up, though I forget what it is (MUTE help?), that will let you access the command line instead of going to the login. I think from there you can just use ls -lA and change your directory to / or something and you should be able to see all of the files on your HD. If you're missing some or don't see very many, you might want to re-install. I think that's correct anyway.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.