News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

How to make your computer/laptop faster! It works!

Started by Voltimolt, July 04, 2010, 06:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltimolt

This following procedure is very safe to follow on, and is compatible with Windows 7, Vista or XP.

What makes your computer slow? It vary on different PCs. Different RAM sizes may vary performance.

Step 1: Spend a little bit more money on electricity.

Head over to Power Options settings (Laptops: click the battery icon in the system tray [bottom right])(PC Desktops: Start>Control Panel>Power Options)
You will see a variety of power plans, (High Performance will use more battery, more power being drained)(Power Saver will make you lag a bit, but last your battery time for longer period of time.

Step 2: Start up taking too long.

If brought a laptop, you may discover how much softwares they install? Recommending the laptop to run at start up.

Win7/Vista:
search: "Msconfig"

XP: start>run>Msconfig

now, you will see small dialog with tabs, select start up tab.

You will see a bunch of checked item.

Take your time unchecking the useless ones that take up memory thus making start up boot longer.
Beware: look at the directory options and search if they happen to be located in "c:/windows" directory, DO NOT UNCHECK.

Thanks.

This is guaranteed to make your PC/Laptop faster with no softwares required.

brianc

Hello,

Thank you for this helpful topic.

This is good for the people that have latency problems.

Feel free to post more items like this..

Also, I believe this belongs in Technical Support.

/Request Move

Voltimolt

Yes... technical support.

Request move, please. :)

Drunk Mario

Thank the lord for some nerdo like you volti! :P haha.. My computer was pretty slow but now it goes faster! Thank-you for posting this!

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Dug

lol good work finding out see people what u can accomplish if u just set ur mind and think! cough....
thanks
dug :P
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..