News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Kudos anyone?

Started by Assassinsult, February 05, 2009, 06:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassinsult

Ahh Assassinsult here,

I was just thinking that Ry, or Jeremy could add a "Give Kudos" Button right beside the "Report Abuse" button. This could be useful for choosing who can become a Player Mod.

Like the choices could be like: Gave Good Advice, Helped out with ___ , Gave an Answer to a question, or just a comment box, to a person.

Example: Jeremy (would be the person to give kudos to)

Helped me on how to get money (Or something like that would go in the comments box) [100 character max]

So yeah, that is basically my idea, if you have anything that you think I should add to it, give me ideas :]

Supporters:
-Assassinsult
-
-
-
~~Assassinsult~~

Bill

I think this feature would be overly abused. You would get players saying "Give me kudos I want to be a Moderator.", things like that. And I don't think Ryan can just make a new button on the client. The players shouldn't be giving suggestions to who they think should be a Moderator. Jeremy will come to the players if he ever needs any Moderators. He spends lots and lots of time and hard work to determine who he thinks should be a Mod, such as reading the chat logs, watching their actions and behavior in-game, how they act towards other players, if they show respect to the players and Staff, what their past history has been like etc. Just "helping" a player would not even be close enough to qualify as a possibility as a Moderator. Having this feature would just be another problem and add more clutter for Ryan and Jeremy.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Assassinsult

Ahh, yeah.. But it could also send a screen shot of the chatlog like the report abuse does, and they could make it so that it has to be a different i-p address that can say it about them.
~~Assassinsult~~

Zack

Still wouldn't work, because two friends would say "I'll give you you kudos if you give me kodus" so your idea = fail.

Assassinsult

Thats why there is a chatlog .-.
~~Assassinsult~~

Bill

If there wasn't something like this then there wouldn't be a need to look in the chat logs for this. Like I said, it would just cause problems. 

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

BigDogg420

So Assassinsult it was a good idea but as Bill said it would cause problems with people and also people asking for moderator positions which that is against the rules.

BigDogg420
Forum Moderator

You say Akon - I say Suicide Silence
You say 50 Cent - I say The Devil Wears Prada >>>>>> (BEST BAND EVER)
You say Jonas Brothers - I say August Burns Red
You say Miley Cyrus - I say As I Lay Dying
You say rap - I say rock
You say pop - I say hardcore
You say hip hop- I scream metalcore
92% of the teenage population has turned to rap, pop, and hip-hop. If you are one of the 8% who like to head-bang and disturb the peace then put this in your signature!

bhs

Hmm, I have an idea... I will make 50 new accounts and give kudos to my other accounts! Great idea mate.... ???
I hear people wanting something.... ME!!!!

Zack

If you did something like that, then you might get banned.