News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Super Rares - Lowerd

Started by Pk0wnedall, May 03, 2010, 07:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pk0wnedall

♥Super Rares - What do you think should be done with them?♥

I was just thinking in my mind, "What will/should happend to/with super rares." I was thinking maybe they should get reset or deleted. I was thinking because i saw a post in another topic, "Rarest Rare". They were talking about duped items witch got me thinking "What will/should happend to/with super rares."

So many of the old rares like, "H'Ween masks", Zamorak Robes, Desert Robes, Holy water, Sack of grain, such and such, They have all beenn duped and are now just known as normal items. I think that there should be a rare reset. This way it will fix the economy up, Duping hopefully will stop, and all of the other thinks that are aganist the rules.
Berets and seercull don't need to be reset because there isn't many of them.

If you agree with me and you think super rares/rares should be reset then post here. If you think they shouldn't get reset post here. Give me your opinion on what you think should happend with rares.

♥Start posting♥

wouter

I agree with your opinion that older rares lowered in their wealth because of duping. As you said about holywater. I used to have one which was super rares. Suddenly allot of people had this sick item. Duping.

Also my opinion about reseting rares is against yours. If you reset items like those, there will be a chaos around losing items. People will be mad and the staff will be spammed with questions about what happened. People will make up lies that they were scammed. All by all, not a good idea..

A option is to take the most 'rarest' items which are duped. Examples; Iban staff, Holy water, Prince & Princes etc. The most expensive items. And reset those.

that was my opion.  ;)

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: caponer on May 03, 2010, 07:51:46 AM
I agree with your opinion that older rares lowered in their wealth because of duping. As you said about holywater. I used to have one which was super rares. Suddenly allot of people had this sick item. Duping.

Also my opinion about reseting rares is against yours. If you reset items like those, there will be a chaos around losing items. People will be mad and the staff will be spammed with questions about what happened. People will make up lies that they were scammed. All by all, not a good idea..

A option is to take the most 'rarest' items which are duped. Examples; Iban staff, Holy water, Prince & Princes etc. The most expensive items. And reset those.

that was my opion.  ;)

I agree with you caponer,

I think there should be a notice maybe, When you log in. "If you have lost your rares, Don't worry. We have resetted everybody's rares due to: duping".

I'd like to see what happens from this point.

wouter

Quote from: Pk0wnedall on May 03, 2010, 07:55:15 AM
Quote from: caponer on May 03, 2010, 07:51:46 AM

that was my opion.  ;)

I agree with you caponer,

I think there should be a notice maybe, When you log in. "If you have lost your rares, Don't worry. We have resetted everybody's rares due to: duping".

I'd like to see what happens from this point.
Nor good idea either.. People will still make a problem of it. You cannot say,''We have resetted everybody's rares''. It'll be a chaos.. Trust me.

Pk0wnedall

QuoteNor good idea either.. People will still make a problem of it. You cannot say,''We have resetted everybody's rares''. It'll be a chaos.. Trust me.

I guess so, Oh well, I thought it was a good idea when it was in my head. 8)

Maxi

I think rares is just for showing up like "hey i'm rich and stylish" I'm not saying that it's something wrong about it.
I don't think rares is so much need. Remind me if i'm ingenuous, i just wanna understand the point with rares.

wouter

Quote from: Maxi on May 03, 2010, 12:53:51 PM
I think rares is just for showing up like "hey i'm rich and stylish" I'm not saying that it's something wrong about it.
I don't think rares is so much need. Remind me if i'm naiv i just wanna understand the point with rares.

Basically their are two things you can do on classic. 1 Train and pk in wildy and 2 Collect rares. (I'm not talking about making friends, chilling, chatting etc.) The point of collecting rares is to become rich. How more rares you get, how funnier it is. You need to merchant to collect em. You get know people trough this whole process which make it even more fun. It's less fun if people duplicate their rares to get rich. Than you don't have to work that hard for it and the worth of the rares are going down because there are to many of em. How more there are, how less people want to buy em. Economic.

I hope I explained it well for you now ;)

Maxi

Quote from: caponer on May 03, 2010, 12:58:03 PM
Quote from: Maxi on May 03, 2010, 12:53:51 PM
I don't think rares is so much need. Remind me if i'm naiv i just wanna understand the point with rares.

Basically their are two things you can do on classic. 1 Train and pk in wildy and 2 Collect rares. (I'm not talking about making friends, chilling, chatting etc.) The point of collecting rares is to become rich. How more rares you get, how funnier it is. You need to merchant to collect em. You get know people trough this whole process which make it even more fun. It's less fun if people duplicate their rares to get rich. Than you don't have to work that hard for it and the worth of the rares are going down because there are to many of em. How more there are, how less people want to buy em. Economic.

I hope I explained it well for you now ;)
You did and i appreciate that  :)

Nick©

I agree. Jeremy set a limit on the amount of berets allowed to be in the game. If any get duped then they are automatically deleted by the game. He could easily do this for many items. Also, the H'ween masks weren't duped. They were mass produced by a glitch in October of '08. The glitch made the party room go crazy and do thousands of first class drops.
Dew knot trussed yore spell chequer two find awl yore miss takes.
--Brenden Hills

The countdown for Blitz is like counting down from infinity.

92% of the teenage population is listening to things such as rock, pop, and hip-hop. 8% is listening to things such as hardcore death metal. The 92% of you who listen to the things listed above- Conngratulations, you're normal! The 8% who listen to hardcore things- Congratulations you're not that normal!

Drunk Mario

I like this idea, But what if the day before it happens let's say someone buys like a prince robe, then they just wasted rares for nothing.. Just like dropping it. That would be pretty irritating. Maybe like a week before this happens(if it does) jeremy should have a message when you log in, an NPC or sign or something to tell you the following items will be reset in 1 week:_____?

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Nick©

My point is supporting what Program had said above. It's not like if there was only 5 of a rare he'd reset them. Why would he delete something that's already rare? Make it a little more rare is the only reason I could think of, and that's a pretty bad reason anyway.
Dew knot trussed yore spell chequer two find awl yore miss takes.
--Brenden Hills

The countdown for Blitz is like counting down from infinity.

92% of the teenage population is listening to things such as rock, pop, and hip-hop. 8% is listening to things such as hardcore death metal. The 92% of you who listen to the things listed above- Conngratulations, you're normal! The 8% who listen to hardcore things- Congratulations you're not that normal!

cheekybenny

What is done is done aye...
worldscapes gone thru alot of duping
but that doesn't mean we need to reset because them players who earned them honestly would be effected negatively
so just let the economy run as it is