News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Response to Jeremy's: could God be self-contradictory

Started by Thrive, October 10, 2009, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrive

The contents of this message have been hidden.

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Pk0wnedall

Quote from: Thrive on October 10, 2009, 01:15:09 PM
1st thing: Can God create Himself?
He must. Because God is not just any creator. God, by definition, is an Absolute Creator. The Absolute Creator, who cannot create Himself, is a contradiction in itself.

my response: Well in definition you say God creates himself. There is a simple and natural response to this. We say that it is common sense to say that God is the one divinity and that he creates everything that is in his nature. Now to expand this thought: The argument of creation. The argument states that anything that exists that is dependent, must have a creator. Now lets put a variable into play. Everyone. If you exist and you are dependent, then you must have a creator. Now you ask: what if we put God into this variable. Well you see God is an independent being seeing as that his nature does not need Oxygen, or water, or food, or any of the things that us Humans DEPEND on.

So why do people claim from time to time that 'God' cannot be proved or disproved scientifically?

2nd Answer: Well if we were to ask a scientist what science is, he would probably respond: the use of observations and theories to answer a question. Well lets take God for example. Can we observe God? No. Can we observe God's actions? No. Then what roll can Science play to prove that God exists or does not exist if there no observations? Thus Science cannot be used to prove or disprove God

The last safe concept for the folks of faith to save their 'Eternal God' from people like me is to suppose that either He is timeless or He is living outside time all by Himself!
3rd Answer: Well the truth is that the concept of God being out of time was made to make ideas of the existence of God easier to understand. But this is not a doctrine of every religion that God is outside of time. I myself have disproved this theory also.

Finally, I should not forget that 'God' is also an ideal. In other words, the idea of 'God' is the model and the blueprint according to which you would certainly construct yourself, if you were given the power to re-design and build yourself from scratch. So even though God has no basis in reality, as an ideal is absolutely perfect and useful and you should keep Him as a guiding star and blueprint for improving yourself. If of course you believe in God that is!

4th Answer: Well believing that God has no basis in our lives is false. Many religions believe in the concept of free will. Well, think about it for a minute. You have the choices in life of what to do. C.S. Lewis explains this theory of natural law. That is the idea of being able to choose between actions, both bad and wrong. This law is something everyone has, but some choose not to follow it. Natural law is not like the law of Gravity or of sleep. Those laws you have to follow, you have no choice in the matter. Now some state that this natural law is just something formed over the years from parents and other influences to tell wether its right or wrong. You ask, well what about the ancient romans, savages, and barbarians who raided and killed people. Don't they have no kind of good nature? Well the answer is simple, they know the difference between bad and good in every action they make. Some say Natural law is simply another habit. I say NAY! Lets put a situation into play so you can understand this. You wake up in the morning and always have a habit of eating cereal, but you have a big test that morning that you need to study for because that is a habit of procrastination of yours. Natural law comes into play here. A habit is something we do just every time and develops and we do it out of our own time and thoughts. Natural law helps us choose between studying and eating. Studying and watching TV. This was given to us by God so that we may find it easier to choose an action. And last but not least, God should be a stepping stone for all of us. No matter religion, race, or culture, you are called out to live a good life, to be nice, to be kind and make friends. No one can be perfect, but we can always strive towards it.

-EDIT: 1:29:09: TYPO-

God is a spirit Jesus is a person.... BELIVE IN GOD/JESUS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

Nicest Regards,

Jack7. :)

Thrive

Well this is not proving the Jesus Christ and Holy spirit thing. This is just to prove the "God Exists issue"

damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

Magnacore

Jesus was a real person back in the Biblical Times.

God, contrary to popular belief, is the father of Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross to save our sins.

You don't need "scientific proof" if you read the Bible, it explains everything you need to know.
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
â€" Psalm 34:14

Hate isn't the opposite of love;
Indifference is the opposite of love;
Because if you hate, you still care.

Thrive

If you want me to, I can go into more detail about jesus and all.

damn RIGHT.

Thrive

damn RIGHT.

HotMax123

"Life ain't life if you don't live it!"- Max Lauser (me!)
" Life is full of secrets, sometimess you need to break the rules for what is right and to get answers!"- Max Lauser

╬Max╬

Banjo Hick

This is kind of an old topic but we're not supposed to talk about anything religious on here because there may be people of a different religion or people who are members of the church of natural existence (atheists).

Deathtron55

theres so much i believe you can just google "mormons"
but dont beleive the insane rumors like that we all have 9 wives

~the deathtron saga~

Banjo Hick

Some do. And I've heard a rumor that you're not allowed to "do it" unless it's for reproductive reasons. Is this true? Is it also true that Oprah's * held people up with a gun? And the butthole was an innocent bystandard that got killed?

Jeremy

I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-