News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

How I recovered my Computer.

Started by Zeldagirl, August 14, 2008, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldagirl

Recently, My computer was attacked by what my family thinks was a Key-logger. We left it alone for along time, simply running the internet via Disable Add-on. But this was very pesky, and a lot of features did not work, such as Web Clients. So, I set to work the other day, and got the following protection: AVG Anti-Virus: Free Version. This is highly recommended, it thoroughly goes through your computer, and finds everything bad. It took me two-three hours to scan, but was well worth it. I can now fully use my computer, without the risk of the attack coming back. I also found another Anti-virus that I used to fix my computer, but AVG did most of the work. If you ever have a Virus Attack, and don't want to spend a lot of money, and don't want to risk your credit card information getting stolen, by buying a Virus Protection Online, use AVG.

Thank you for reading this, I hope this one day help's someone!

(I CAN NOW PLAY WORLD SCAPE BLITZ WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!)

Zelda.
- Banned -

Con1887

This is very useful and I will use this next time my computer is attacked by a key-logger.

But, I still don't get it why do they sell, "Virus Protection Online" when the computer your using is Infected with a Virus witch could steel the information that your using to buy the Virus Protection? ???

Zeldagirl

That's part of the virus,

It's all a scam to steal your credit card information, you need to be VERY careful. I hope no one falls for that.

Thanks for replying,

Zelda.
- Banned -