News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Computer Start-Up

Started by Banjo Hick, January 09, 2010, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo Hick

Well when I turn on my computer it gives me a screen that is all gray with a blinking underscore in the first letter space. I found a way to get around it but that makes it so that the Internet is unconnectable. What should I do??

Zack

Do you have a CD in your drive? Your computer may be trying to boot from it if you do. If not then there might be something wrong with Windows or your hardware. Also is your computer connected to the internet via wireless card or ethernet?

Banjo Hick

I use a locked Internet connection with out a cord, I'm on my iTouch right now and the computer is up, but it isn't even showing me the internet icon on the toolbar. I'll check for the cd now...no, there isn't one there. Any other suggestions??

Zack

If you mean you have wireless internet then your wireless card might not be working right or you don't have the right drivers. Search for the drivers for your computer.

Banjo Hick

What's a driver?? Lol I have no idea about computers... And the computer told me to check the router...

Zack

A driver tells your operating system how to use hardware. Try googling "'Your computer name' drivers"

Banjo Hick

Well it's a comp I'm not supposed to use and my dad just got homexso I can't.

Banjo Hick

Ok, well the internet was just the router, I had to restart it three times. I still want to know about the start up though.

Zack

When ever I boot my computer it goes to a black screen with the blinking underscore then it goes to the GRUB boot loader. Unless you have been fiddling with your computers BIOS then it shouldn't be doing that. Geek speak ftw.

Banjo Hick

Geek Speak FTL!!! I have no idea what the f*ck any of that is. I'm suprised I remembered the word 'underscore'.

Zack

Ok let me dumb it down. You touch thingy with do not touch sign. Now thingy is broke. :( Or there could be a virus on it or something. The world may never know.

Banjo Hick

HA!!!!! My dad fixed it!! Close please.