News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

What is taking so long!

Started by Ry60003333, August 01, 2008, 10:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleepy

jitij13

That is my rs acc realy 82cb but im not ranked in sommining

0ownage0

nice im 104 counting summning, and arent we getting offtopic,

thanks

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

Sleepy

Ry60003333

Quote from: Sleepy on December 10, 2008, 07:00:15 PM
any word on a realease date?
As soon as we get it playable we'll launch it. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

tao4229

Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 07, 2008, 06:54:31 PM
503 is the version. :)
All I really need is the server IP, because the server sends the MapData to the client. I'm working on my client sending any MapData I don't have on other servers to the WS Blitz server and it will automatically add it. :o

And the good part is that everyone else is using RS2E or Danno's source, and honestly both are very poorly programmed. RS2E randomly crashes or disconnects the client on loading new areas. Plus they both use one thread per client. (A computer can do more then one thing at once, each thing is called a thread.)

The new WS Blitz uses two threads for the whole server. Its built upon everything I've learned from making the old WS Blitz, and classic. This puts the old Blitz and classic both out of date. :)

I'd also like to assure you that were the farthest ahead on 503, excluding chat. ::)

Sorry for replying to a post like 4 months old but..

Why're you using 2 threads for the whole server? Lower threads isn't necessarily a good thing... But it depends on the computer you're hosting off of. If you have more than one processor, you gain a lot of advantages by multi-threading, but if you're on a single core, you don't gain much.
I know of a private server(not runescape) that used over 400 threads at once, without lagging at all(95 ping with 300+ people on?) but then again, I know the coder of the server and he's pr0. And I mean pr0. >_>
I'm assuming the threads you're using are the main thread, and then a thread for your sockets(if you're using async sockets, don't see why you would use blocking sockets in a server application as complex as a private server...) But meh.

I don't really know much about coding runescape servers though....
Or even much about java itself(C++/C#/C ftw?)

Personally I don't really like java. Sure it's compatible with Macs and Windows, but it doesn't give you the control over processes like a purely windows language. I've never compared the speed between .NET and java, so I can't complain there.

Overall, goodluck xD. Looking at the whateverclientthisis source(The WS classic one) to learn a bit about RS protocol atm.(Java is sortof easy to disassemble :\, along with .NET)

Mia

W00t! GREAT JOB  :D

FANTASTIC! Eat my agility Skill cape XP
Love you guys. ;D

Ry60003333

Quote from: tao4229 on December 13, 2008, 05:49:00 PM

Why're you using 2 threads for the whole server? Lower threads isn't necessarily a good thing... But it depends on the computer you're hosting off of. If you have more than one processor, you gain a lot of advantages by multi-threading, but if you're on a single core, you don't gain much.
I know of a private server(not runescape) that used over 400 threads at once, without lagging at all(95 ping with 300+ people on?) but then again, I know the coder of the server and he's pr0. And I mean pr0. >_>
I'm assuming the threads you're using are the main thread, and then a thread for your sockets(if you're using async sockets, don't see why you would use blocking sockets in a server application as complex as a private server...) But meh.

Personally I don't really like java. Sure it's compatible with Macs and Windows, but it doesn't give you the control over processes like a purely windows language. I've never compared the speed between .NET and java, so I can't complain there.

Overall, goodluck xD. Looking at the whateverclientthisis source(The WS classic one) to learn a bit about RS protocol atm.(Java is sortof easy to disassemble :\, along with .NET)
Its fine, I like talking about the server.
Yes, multi-threading gives performance boosts in a computer with multi-core processors. I have one thread do the work and the other thread do the IO, using Java NIO in nonblocking mode. I may make it detect the amount of cores available and then make enough threads to make use of them all. For example, in a computer with 4 cores it would make the worker thread, and three IO threads for a total of four. :D

Yea, the speed between Java and other programs made in C++ and such is really close. JIT (Just In Time) compiling is what normal JVMs use, so it compiles most of the needed code before it runs the program. Java works across multiple processors with different bit types. For example, the server could run on a 64-bit Intel processor, or a 32-bit Intel processor, or a 32-bit PowerPC processor, because the JVM is what has to be ported, not the actual program.

But C++/C# is a good choice for an MMORPG server, and I think Java is also. Its just that not many people have tried to write one in Java.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

tao4229

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 14, 2008, 12:33:45 AM
Quote from: tao4229 on December 13, 2008, 05:49:00 PM

Its fine, I like talking about the server.
Yes, multi-threading gives performance boosts in a computer with multi-core processors. I have one thread do the work and the other thread do the IO, using Java NIO in nonblocking mode. I may make it detect the amount of cores available and then make enough threads to make use of them all. For example, in a computer with 4 cores it would make the worker thread, and three IO threads for a total of four. :D

Yea, the speed between Java and other programs made in C++ and such is really close. JIT (Just In Time) compiling is what normal JVMs use, so it compiles most of the needed code before it runs the program. Java works across multiple processors with different bit types. For example, the server could run on a 64-bit Intel processor, or a 32-bit Intel processor, or a 32-bit PowerPC processor, because the JVM is what has to be ported, not the actual program.

But C++/C# is a good choice for an MMORPG server, and I think Java is also. Its just that not many people have tried to write one in Java.

The speed difference from a native language to something like Java or C# is noticeable, but computer speeds are hella-fast anyways.
In the case of C#(or any .NET language), I just find that a lot of microsoft's methods suck. Comparing the two languages, java and C# are really similar. And I mean really...(as in syntax).

Again good luck with blitz, moving onto my third source of a Conquer(Another MMORPG) Private Server(In C#, my memory management isn't the greatest in C++ yet... Nor anything in C++ :p). Not that my second one was bad(my first one was LOL), just... so many things I could/wanted to rewrite, I just started over.

ForzenMetal

Nice I just joined worldscape.

0ownage0

welcome to worldscape then do you like it so far and do u need any help

thanks

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

Blykon

How do we become beta-testers?

mca17

i don't no but i thik you got to obay the rules lol

[attachment deleted by admin]
thanks for the respects guys

mumups

Is worldscape blitz nearly finished now i cant wait to play it!
Thanks for the respect people! Glad to be a part of all go free!

G

no offfence but this is taking forever its been over a year it seems like