News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

A different sort of clan

Started by Grimm Jr, December 28, 2009, 10:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimm Jr

First of all, intro. I'm Grimm Jr, been playing WorldScape for about 2 weeks or so now, and I'm mulling over the idea of creating a clan. This clan would not primarily pk as a group, but would be more of a Role-Playing group, taking a hometown and turning it into RP central, creating storylines and role-playing adventures into what could be an epic (sort of) tale.

This clan would have no allies or rivals with any PK'ing clan, no uniform, and no skill requirements to join. The members might have different professions and wear different styles of clothes, whatever suits their character.

Ardougne looks to be the best home city for RP'ing. It has many features, including churches, multiple banks, a marketplace, and even a zoo. Great place to hold most events.

As a prerequisite to joining, one would have to create a backstory/history and describe the personality of one's character. For instance, Sue might be hot-tempered and easy to be insulted, while Robert is quiet and mumbles to himself occasionally about vampires. This would be presented in a format as an application, and would be reviewed by the leader of the clan upon submission.

On occasion one might need to talk out of character. To do this, one would simply type // before speaking. Emotes (describing what a character might be doing) would be enclosed in asterisks **.
Grimm Jr: //This is how you talk out of character.
Grimm Jr: *is telling you how to emote properly.*

I'd like some feedback on the idea. Post your suggestions, whether you approve or disapprove, etc.

--Grimm Jr
Heroes of Ardougne! A role-playing clan! Recruiting any members, come see what we're about!
http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,4284.0.html

Chaoslancex

This would be a great idea, and if you do make it good luck.

Hahah sorry, when I clicked reply on the iPhone it said I was replying in the clan recruitment section my bad.

Grimm Jr

Heroes of Ardougne! A role-playing clan! Recruiting any members, come see what we're about!

Sean

This is interesting, I like the idea which (if successfully created) will develop a new way to look at a certain community.

Grimm Jr

New updates for my idea:

Ardougne looks to be the best home city for RP'ing. It has many features, including churches, multiple banks, a marketplace, and even a zoo. Great place to hold most events.

As a prerequisite to joining, one would have to create a backstory/history and describe the personality of one's character. For instance, Sue might be hot-tempered and easy to be insulted, while Robert is quiet and mumbles to himself occasionally about vampires. This would be presented in a format as an application, and would be reviewed by the leader of the clan upon submission.

On occasion one might need to talk out of character. To do this, one would simply type // before speaking. Emotes (describing what a character might be doing) would be enclosed in asterisks **.
Grimm Jr: //This is how you talk out of character.
Grimm Jr: *is telling you how to emote properly.*

I'll add this to my first post as well, and I'd like to see some more comments!

Zack

You should consider starting this. :o

wouter

I have to get used to this. I've never done something like this before..

Joker

umm that would be intersting tho.. ::)

Grimm Jr

Just in case anybody doesn't know, the RP clan is out and recruiting! Currently we only have three members, and it's kinda hard to RP with only three. Come take a look at Heroes of Ardougne! (Link is in my siggy)

You can still join if you're already in a PK'ing clan. We welcome all members!