News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

From Classic to Blitz!

Started by Ry60003333, August 14, 2009, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeeyee123

working skillcape emotes(if possible im sure a coder like u could whip it up :P)and questsss working quests
don't love the genius love the person behind it

Zack

Ok, honestly? What is with everybody not being able to read. THERE ARE ALREADY SKILLCAPES IN BLITZ!!!

Bill

Quote from: mumups on September 04, 2009, 03:47:21 PM
Hey Guys Its me Mumups,
I Havn't been here for a LONG while and you still havn't finished.
Ok.
This is what im gonna comment on, Im also ranting as well.

Ok Its been Long enough now. the amount of 508s out there with skills working now is stupid and yet we are still sitting here for like 100 years waiting for something everyone else has already. Judging By The Pictures The Server Is More Than Playable And Yet You still make us wait?

Heres an Idea Ry, Why don't you release it as it is now how it is and then slowly update the server. The amount of people you have lost because of this is unbeliveable. Because sorry to say ry, Classic is boring and it BORES People. Sorry to put it to you mate.

Keep It In Mind Okay?

Now
@ all the wannabee mods
I say to you F*** You "put yourself in ry's shoes" Ok Your coding a 508 its hard but then you have left all these people waiting for God Knows how long. oh and I have been coding 525s which are harder and Its pretty good so far. so yes i am also a coder and know how it feels so shut up. oh and also Flame me if you want but you know what i am saying is true.

@ Forum mods or whatever
Modify my post and it shows how sad you guys realy are. You can't accept what im saying so you hide my post so people can't see.

If you do that  Proves waht i say right.

Thanks
~mumups~

Don't you EVER compare WorldScape Blitz to another ordinary 508 server. That pretty much disrepects it. All of the other 508 servers are probably coded by some 12 year old kid who can't program if his life depended on it. Plus, the vast majority of the 508s out there, high chances are, they won't be around in two months.

Does it matter how long it takes Ryan to release it? Ryan is making it on his own time, not yours. He programs it when he has the time. Taking it slow is also the best thing he can do. This will ensure the game is stable, balanced, nice, and efficiant, unlike 99.999% of the 508s out there that you seem to be talking about. And judging by the picture you think it's playable? It's not even close to being playable.

Honestly, I don't think WorldScape is losing players for the reason being Blitz isn't released. That's just stupid to say because it really doesn't make sense. Who needs them now anyway? We are now running WorldScape on a VPS. We get probably 50 new players a day. We have nothing to worry about on that issue. If you believe the reason people are quitting because Blitz is taking too long, then screw those kind of people. They obviously are impatient if they can't wait. We are taking so long with Blitz to make you guys happy, not mad or upset. You really want Ryan to just release Blitz in a couple of months without putting all his effort into it and actually expect it to be good? It would suck if he did that. Classic is probably boring because he hasn't really tended to it in a while, mostly because of, well, Blitz of course. Besides, that's your opinion. Not everyone agrees with you. So just because you think it's boring, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Ryan doesn't need to keep anything you said in mind. Why don't YOU keep this in mind.

Congratulations, you're coding a 525. Have a cookie. Do you really know what you are doing? How many times daily do you post a server help topic on the moparscape forums? How many tutorials have you looked at? You think coding 525s are harder? There probably is no difference whatsover. I'm pretty sure what Ryan is doing is much harder than what you've been doing though. You also don't need to worry about the wannabe mods. I take care of them just fine.

Nope, I'm not going to modify your post. In fact, if I modified your post it would actually help you, because your attitude in it is bad it seems. And I can accept your post, it just makes me a little mad what you have said in it. So I won't modify it, I'll just respond to it. Also, modifying your post would honestly not prove one thing.

Also, your post does not pertain one bit to Ryan's original post and what he was asking for. Now, it's time for me to go play some Grand Theft Auto 4!!! Yearrrhhhhh!!!

"Thanks",
~Bill

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

yeeyee123

uhmm yes but did it say they had emotes zack? and yehpp i can read

yeeyee123

also can u get mini games? i think it will be awesome to have mini games

Ry60003333

@mumups

The amount of time that it is taking to get Blitz launched is my fault, and it is a problem. However, everything Bill said is correct. I am not "coding" this with a source I downloaded then edited in Notepad. This is a giant Java project in a real editor that takes full advantage of Object Oriented Programming. It also supports multiple RS versions, and I plan on adding 525 support shortly after the launch. 8)

The real problem is that I need more time that is just dedicated to working on it. Between school, family, and friends, I have very little time left to work on it.

The reason other servers progress faster is that people just copy and paste tutorials. Say that 7 users program 7 basic features, and post tutorials on them. You copy and paste them all into the crap you call a server, and boom, thats almost seven days of work into your server for nothing. I have to write completely different code, all I really use from tutorials is the packets used to communicate with the client.

Basically, don't judge the server just because it takes time to develop. Great things take time, and all my hard work will pay off in the end.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Drunk Mario

well i think that is should have the :: thing at least for the bank because it gets annoying in runescape when you are like fishing far away from the bank and you wanna keep whatever your fishing..and maybe some others such as ::funpk or ::wildy maybe even ::etele and ::Lumby i think they are very useful!!!!!!

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

hassan144

Rock Star

@hassan
We are not sure, not even Ryan.
Just wait, great things happen slowly.

Triniboy

I saw another post of hassan, And he suggested working doors and stairs. That would be good if they worked :)

Jack

i reckon like first person on blitz gets mod or suthim

Bill

Quote from: purerich23 on September 14, 2009, 05:00:10 PM

That is very stupid. I'm just saying.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Drunk Mario

that is not a very good idea! :-\ people don't just get mod for being a first person to do something!!! they have to be dedicated, a good player(not kill wise but talks clean) there are only very special people who get mod!!!!!! and it is up to ryan and jeremy and mod sean to deside who will be staff. please don't suggest anything like this anymore. you have no say at all for who gets mod/admin.

Quote from: Connor on May 26, 2011, 12:13:30 PM
I wish it was possible to punch some through a computer screen.

~~Personal Achievements~~

- Said to be one of the best Forum Mods
- #1 poster
- #1 topic starter
- Max combat achieved In-game
- Good banner maker
- #4 Overall

Delicious

Quote from: drunk elmo on September 20, 2009, 08:41:54 PM
that is not a very good idea! :-\ people don't just get mod for being a first person to do something!!! they have to be dedicated, a good player(not kill wise but talks clean) there are only very special people who get mod!!!!!! and it is up to ryan and jeremy and mod sean to deside who will be staff. please don't suggest anything like this anymore. you have no say at all for who gets mod/admin.

Wow guys, honestly. Mods and staff will probably be chosen from classic. They are the most trustworthy people as well as dedicated. You don't just get mod for nothing. Keep dreaming  ::)

torok777

you should add some special attacks for like dragon weps. um and some godswords