News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

How To Become A Player Moderator

Started by Bill, August 11, 2009, 03:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

So you've decided you want to be a Player Moderator for All-Go-Free, huh? :)

Being a Player Moderator for All-Go-Free is way more than just being nice, giving new players items, and playing for a long time. Lots of people seem to think that's all you really have to do to become a Player Moderator. There is so much more to being a Player Mod than what meets the eye. People tend to think that being a Player Mod is just all fun and games; it's not. You should think of the title as a Player Mod as the title of a real job. It may be just a game, but being a Player Mod can teach discipline and rules and set boundaries for real people. Ry60003333, Bill, and the rest of the All-Go-Free's Staff's goals are to make this game better, more popular, and more enjoyable for all of the players; even the Staff itself. With The Development team hard at work, All-Go-Free hopes to prosper forward in the future and make this game one of the most dominating games in all of the private server industry. With such a title the Player Mod team has to be one-of-a-kind and professional.

To do this, the All-Go-Free team needs to find players that are worthy to the game, loyal, and most important of all, respectful. If you cannot do those things, then you will never qualify for Mod. You must be respectful to all of the players, the Staff Team, the Owners, the forums, and the game itself, and behave in such a mature manner. Doing this will get you on our good side, but we will never guarantee you a Mod-ship if you do that. There are more things that come along with this, such as your history with the game, meaning if you have had any punishments in the past, bad records, basically like a police record, only downsized into a game, or any traces or signs of you misleading us in any way. You still think you are so far qualifying for a Mod-ship? Well think again, because there is more.

With all that, also comes you needing proper grammar. No chatspeak, such as "u" "r" "2" "c" etc. Using those will only make it very much harder to read what you are trying to say. Things like "Idk" "Brb" "G2g" "Bbl" etc. are allowed and do not count as chatspeak. Using punctuation is also suggested, such as "don't" "won't" "wouldn't" etc. Now, proper grammar may not come off as a necessity, but it will definitely help you. You still think that's it? Not even close.

Doing things such as offering to buy Moderator, or bribe your way into getting it will only lower your chances of getting it severely and dramatically, and also may result in a punishment. Never do that, as all that will come from it are bad things and a very low respect level.

Please note to never ask to be a Mod. Always remember this; The Staff comes to the players, the players never come to the Staff. Becoming a Moderator is something that should come naturally, not pushed by asking for it or making topics on the forums about it. This will also only lower your chances of becoming a Mod. Also, never tell a friend to put a 'word' in for you about it, meaning don't ever say to anyone "Help me become a Mod" or "Tell the owner that I should be Mod." Again, this will also lower your chances for it. We need very mature players for the job, and if you cannot meet each and every one of these requirements I have said above, do not even bother thinking once of becoming a Mod. If you do meet each and every one of these requirements, and you truly, naturally do, you will be contacted by either Ry60003333 or Bill.

Important TIP: When posting on the forums and making your name better known within the community also increases your chance to become a Player Mod greatly. By posting and participating on the forums you display a true desire to help out the community in positive ways. So keep this tip in mind! - Avery.
~~~~~

Here is a previous post I had made back before I was part of the All-Go-Free Staff Team.

Quote from: Bill on December 14, 2008, 11:57:19 PM
Do not post anything asking or "suggesting" for Moderator. People can be so ridiculous sometimes. NEVER think you will become a Moderator on Worldscape just because you're "nice" or "friendly" or you give away items to new players and "greet" them. There is so much more to being a Moderator than just "being friendly" and especially on a game like Worldscape. To get another thing straight, "time" playing this server does not effect your chances at all to become a Moderator. People think just because they have played Worldscape for a year that they will become an Moderator and even an Admin sometimes. I just read what they say, think about it, and just laugh. Listen to this. I have played Worldscape for almost 2 and a half years. Look at me. Where am I? I was an Admin 2 years ago, but that was when they never controlled the amount of Moderators and Admins. Two years ago you could ask for Admin and get it with no problem. It's 100% not like that anymore. It hasn't been that way for a good year and a half. Do not think I am an Admin now because I am not. I am not part of staff at all. Anyways, you don't get Moderator by the amount of time you play, you get Moderator for showing respect, respect the players, respect the Moderators, respect the forums, respect the staff members, respect Worldscape. If you're reading this, scroll down for a second and take a look at my signature. What does it say? "~Always Respect~" That's what you have to do in a game like Worldscape. Now I'm not guaranteeing anyone that if you respect you'll get Moderator. In fact, this whole thing is based on my opinion. I'm not with the staff at all. I wouldn't know for a fact what they're looking for. I'm just saying it will probably up your chances. I have known these people for such a long time, so it's safe to say that you show them respect and you'll get respect in return, and making threads asking or bribing for Moderator... Well, not so much showing respect there is it?
~~~~~

Good luck. I wish the best of luck to everyone and I hope to see you on the team in the future. ;)

Regards,
~Bill.
Edit: Minor Fixes.
~Mod Avery.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........