News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Rule 1

Started by Thrasherx121, August 11, 2009, 10:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think they should "reverse" rule one and make profanity NOT allowed?

Yes!
No!

Thrasherx121

THIS PICTURE IS SCRICTLY FOR EXAMPLE ONLY

THIS PICTURE IS STRICTLY FOR EXAMPLE ONLY

I have noticed that A LOT!!! of people are using profanity a great deal. I know that it is allowed to be used in a certain way, but I also think that people are abusing this by saying "f*ck" or "shit" and other profane terms in almost every last thing they say. It get quite annoying. I think that Rule 1 should be strongly enforced for everything. Because, sooner or later (not that it probably isn't already happening) players are going to go back to using profanity to insult/hurt players.

Zack

People have different views on those kinds of words. Immature people will use them as much as they can if it is allowed.

Banjo Hick

i dont like this rule either and its only for in game not on forums so **** them out next time.

Rain

This is something I have to say I agree with 100%.  WorldScape has a lot of players which some us would categorize as 'Immature', or 'Stupid'. There are many words that you could come up with to describe these people. Using the constant profane language should be considered abusive, at least that is how I see it. When someone uses word such as the 'F Word' in every single sentence they type it can get to a very annoying point to where maybe you just feel like something should be done about it, but if they're using it in a way that doesn't break this rule, it seems irrelevant to even attempt reporting, or telling any of the staff about what they're doing because they would simply tell you that nothing can be done about it.

I; myself find it hard to stand it when people constantly go on and on using these words, thinking that it somehow makes them look 'Cool', or like they're nagging for some sort of action from you. When I see things like this, I try acting like it hasn't happened. I don't like the rule at all because I do not think that profane language of any sort should be tolerated. It only shows immaturity on the server, and it accomplishes nothing, so in the end there is really now point in talking with constant F bombs in all of your sentences.

Bill

Keep in mind that everyone should swear at their own risk. If a Moderator feels they are abusing it, they have the right to mute them, if it gets out of hand. But I say it should be removed altogether once again.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Ry60003333

Quote from: Bill on August 12, 2009, 12:16:46 AMBut I say it should be removed altogether once again.
You mean we should reverse Jeremy's rule that you can "sometimes" use it, because I would support reversing it also. :o
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Zack

I was actually expecting for the cursing to die down a few weeks after Jeremy modified the rule but it is just starting to get out of hand.

Banjo Hick

yeah everyone should have stopped after a few weeks like zack said but it just kept on going because some of the players on here are immature, i think this should be removed and there should be a staff vote of the player mods and the player admins and ry and jeremy

Volcanic Me

Well, Ry, from what I've heard, Jeremy won't be around for a while. (if my informant is correct) This may be Jeremy and Ry's server, but you maintain it and such, so I think you should be able to remove a rule if you want to. I personally didn't like the rule change much either. :O

Bill

If Ryan does reverse the rule's modifications, then when someone swears in-game, we will have to warn them first to let them know that you can no longer use such words in the game before going on and muting them.

Lmfao.........

I pooN I

With all of my divine player moderator powers, I command Ry to change the rule back!

Banjo Hick

Quote from: Bill on August 12, 2009, 09:40:10 PM
If Ryan does reverse the rule's modifications, then when someone swears in-game, we will have to warn them first to let them know that you can no longer use such words in the game before going on and muting them.
instead of warning everybody we could do the announcment thing where it says 'dont forget to visit the forums.....' but just put in that 'you are not allowed to swear at all anymore and........'

Bill

Quote from: Mute on August 14, 2009, 05:16:00 AM
That would be nice, because several times i have been PK'd in the wilderness and other players saying "yea, run u pice of noob s***" or other variations of flaming.

Not that it offends me in any way, i don't get offended by a few pixels on my screen, but its just annoying to the people that ARE offended by it.

Well, the example you gave would actually be reportable and you could report them for that.

Lmfao.........

Jeremy

I will reverse this rule as soon as Blitz is released. Until then you can swear at your own risk but just as Bill said if you take it too far you can and probably will be dealt with.

Locked.
I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-