News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Downtime (Friday June 19th, 2009)

Started by Ry60003333, June 19, 2009, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

As you probably know, the game and site shut off this morning. This was due to a power failure at my house. :P

We are also switching from Windows to Linux on our main servers, so if the Worlds are going off and on and that why. ::)

In other news...
The problem with uploading attachments and avatars should now be fixed. :)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Triniboy

Okay cool, Installing the linux would improve anything as for server laging issuie?

Kevino04

oke end ry60003333 i wil be a worldscape blitz tester can you help to get that i dont understand te quests i am duch i am playin worldscape 1 year i am now kevino04 but first wash i yt454

Triniboy

Quote from: Kevino04 on June 19, 2009, 03:10:51 PM
oke end ry60003333 i wil be a worldscape blitz tester can you help to get that i dont understand te quests i am duch i am playin worldscape 1 year i am now kevino04 but first wash i yt454

This is not the place to ask for this, and plus READ THIS THREAD http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,778.0.html

Sean

Quote from: TriniBoy on June 19, 2009, 03:06:12 PM
Okay cool, Installing the linux would improve anything as for server laging issuie?

Yes, I believe that Linux is more stable and suggested for running servers of some sort.

Bill

Quote from: TriniBoy on June 19, 2009, 03:06:12 PM

Switching to linux will... Wow.... make everything like 500% better.....

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Voltimolt

Most server hosters out there use Linux as there OS. 85% of the RSPS Community.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Voltimolt on June 19, 2009, 07:12:20 PM
Most server hosters out there use Linux as there OS. 85% of the RSPS Community.

Yes, Linux is the most common server OS. Java supports it, and its much more lightweight then Windows. Right now, I don't even have the GUI (graphics) enabled. :o

Thrive

lol ry, You jump from Mac OSX, TO Windows, To Linux.
Question: Which one are you jumping to next?  ;D

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Zack

He has 3 computers, and the 2 computers that had Windows he's installing Linux on.

Thrive

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 24, 2012, 01:39:41 AM
Thrive is a legend at signatures.
Quote from: Vee Dub on September 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM
A rare legend would be someone like Thrive and what not.
That makes me a Double Legend! <3

Quote from: Jake on June 26, 2012, 08:26:15 PM
Oh, Right. You're a legendary Signature maker, Don't get me wrong  ::)
damn RIGHT.

About My Signatures: I have come to believe that signatures are something that need true care for, and can't be generated in two seconds. Also, I have come to believe that text hinders the true beauty of a signature. A signature is supposed to show a render and a background mixing together. Text takes the focus off of these two things, and can make a signature rather disgusting. Text can be in a signature if it is the main focus of it, but other than that, it should just be there as a watermark. This is my GFX philosophy.

Remember the legends: Mute, Cappz, Jazmen, Travis, Ryan, Wyatt, Mark, Cj, Aaron, Hassan,and Jack. You all have a place in my heart.

And then there's Brandon... Sh*t...

Zack

I was talking about the computers that host the server, but yeah I guess he does have more.

Ry60003333

Yeah including really old ones, we have 13 Macs, I counted. :o
Then we only have 2 PCs, which right now are both running Linux. :)

That includes a Mac Classic with an 8 MHz processor and 4 MB of RAM. ;D

Zack

You should send me one of the old ones. Always wanted a Mac ::)