News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Report Section Timer.

Started by Volcanic Me, June 03, 2009, 12:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volcanic Me

Ry, would it be possible to make a timer for Mods or Admins so we can keep track of how long whoever is muted for? It's hard to do sometimes. Some people end up getting a longer mute than what they should. It would make things much easier. If you could that is. =O

Triniboy

Yeah, something like ::checkmute or ::Mutestats

Chaoslancex

well i'm no mod or anything and i don't know how things work but it sounds like a good idea cause my friend was actually muted for 1 year cause nobody unmuted him. :P

Volcanic Me

What I meant is like a running timer for the report topic on the forums, like I could check back and see how much time is left on the mute, or whoever was muted could have proof that their time is up.

serguy3

Good idea, it would probably help everyone get less mad at mods. Or, let mods have a code like ::mute#4 for a mute of 4 days? Get it?

~Serguys_Pure
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!

Volcanic Me

Quote from: serguy3 on June 03, 2009, 06:53:18 PM
Good idea, it would probably help everyone get less mad at mods. Or, let mods have a code like ::mute#4 for a mute of 4 days? Get it?

~Serguys_Pure

If it could unmute itself. My way the muter and the mutee can see how long the mute has left on it. Plus, if the time's up and no one has unmuted them, they have proof. Your idea would be ideal if it could unmute itself.

serguy3

Doesn't runescape have that kind of coding? Like the ideal 4-day mute? After the 4 days they use the log-in server to recignize when the mute took place, and how long is left. That's how they get it to say "4 days left" or "3 days left" etc. Like when you log on it recignizing some sort of coding?

~Serguys_Pure.
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Fight my Brute YO!

Sean

Quote from: serguy3 on June 04, 2009, 05:12:39 PM
Doesn't runescape have that kind of coding? Like the ideal 4-day mute? After the 4 days they use the log-in server to recignize when the mute took place, and how long is left. That's how they get it to say "4 days left" or "3 days left" etc. Like when you log on it recignizing some sort of coding?

~Serguys_Pure.

Remember JaGeX is a massive company and is capable of a lot. They have built their own working system, it has to be good to maintain a huge game of what they have provided.

serguy3

Don't believe in Ry & Jeremy so be able to code something like that? O.O I'm not saying they "half" to code this, i'm just suggesting it.

~Serguys_Pure.

Fight my Brute YO!

Zack

You have to remember that Ryan and Jeremy are only two people, compared to all the college trained coders that work for Jagex.

serguy3

Quote from: Zack on June 05, 2009, 08:33:08 PM
You have to remember that Ryan and Jeremy are only two people, compared to all the college trained coders that work for Jagex.

I know that. And Zack, I was just kidding. I don't expect Jeremy, or Ry to code my suggestion, because it's a SUGGESTION. -.-

~Serguys_Pure.

Fight my Brute YO!

XmaximisX

Quote from: serguy3 on June 06, 2009, 01:17:55 PM
Quote from: Zack on June 05, 2009, 08:33:08 PM

I know that. And Zack, I was just kidding. I don't expect Jeremy, or Ry to code my suggestion, because it's a SUGGESTION. -.-

~Serguys_Pure.

It is a pretty good idea.

Volcanic Me

Guys what I mean by timer is like a little clock that has the time left on it... and umm... hi Maximis. Welcome to the team I guess.

Banana boy

A report section timer would be good because i see people getting muted all the time.

m a d time

Quote from: Banana boy on June 07, 2009, 03:54:24 AM
A report section timer would be good because i see people getting muted all the time.

Yes also Sometimes the mod's which mute u aren't normallyon 48hrs later and other mods won't unmute u so this would be a good idea just so u don't overdo ur muted time. ~M~
Well Because of bri and trini gettin testman i am permanant iped and test is making sure i stay banned by changing my pass aswell i wud like to say he needs to grow up and get a life.