News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Engine Update & Development Community

Started by Ry60003333, November 17, 2016, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

So I know that there isn't much traffic to this site anymore, but if possible I would like to start slowly reviving and evolving it.

Where have you been?
Unfortunately, life got the best of me and I was unable to dedicate the required time to keep up on new content for the games. :-[ I recently graduated college and was running a home automation startup for some time as well as working on a mobile MMORPG called http://adventureguildgame.com/. This game actually uses the same server engine as WorldScape, and many improvements were made during the development cycle of that game. All of these changes have now been merged back into WorldScape, and while they don't offer any content changes, provide a much cleaner API for creating new content, added stability, and cleans out a of the old cruft that I created while in middle/high school!

What is the future of WorldScape
Well, there are couple of options. Due to the recent news that MoparScape was sold to someone who may not have the communities best intentions in mind, I was thinking of starting a new developer community around private servers. I still believe that we have some of the best server technology in this space, and would love to see it put to good use. Mostly though, I want to grow a community. I know it won't be the same as it was before, but I believe we can make it something better. I hope to see more of you back on the site, in Skype chats/calls, and maybe even in game!

- Ry60003333
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Petter

Oden

Nice to see you posting and giving insight in to what you're doing now.

Let's see what happens from here good luck!

Ry60003333

Quote from: Oden on November 18, 2016, 08:52:15 PM

Thanks! One of the first steps will be to get everything working with the same accounts so that we can have some unity between all of our services. 8)

Oden

Quote from: Ry60003333 on November 19, 2016, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Oden on November 18, 2016, 08:52:15 PM

Thanks! One of the first steps will be to get everything working with the same accounts so that we can have some unity between all of our services. 8)
That'd be pretty cool. On a side note, if you wanted to try and bring worldscape back even though it's been tried and failed so many times it would be possible because a fair amount of people still play 317's. The only thing is, is that you'd have to do it with a different approach and change what WS is to something more similar to the more popular 317's.

Bill

What's up guys it's been a while!

Everything Ryan said is basically how it all went down for me too. Other things took over our lives as we got older. Unfortunately, we weren't able to dedicate our time like we used to which is something you gotta understand. I know that upset some of you guys, which I could tell in some posts I've read on here from the last previous months. I still remember a lot of you guys and the old days, and I will forever. We may have left, but the love never did. And if we could potentially in the future start something bigger and better on here, then you can count me in. If not, Ryan's development community idea sounds like a great idea as well.

On a side note, if anybody plays Oldschool Runescape, my name is Acid Hits. Feel free to add me but pm me your name so I can add you. My private is usually set to friends.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Recoil

Quote from: Bill on November 22, 2016, 03:16:53 AM

Everything Ryan said is basically how it all went down for me too. Other things took over our lives as we got older. Unfortunately, we weren't able to dedicate our time like we used to which is something you gotta understand. I know that upset some of you guys, which I could tell in some posts I've read on here from the last previous months. I still remember a lot of you guys and the old days, and I will forever. We may have left, but the love never did. And if we could potentially in the future start something bigger and better on here, then you can count me in. If not, Ryan's development community idea sounds like a great idea as well.

On a side note, if anybody plays Oldschool Runescape, my name is Acid Hits. Feel free to add me but pm me your name so I can add you. My private is usually set to friends.

Dude.... I have to say this just so I don't go insane. But both of you, please.... for the love of god, don't make this into another "I'm back for real this time, ready for muh updates?" Within the last 4 years Ryan alone has probably done just that at least 10 times. You come back, you promise this big giant recovery, you go AWOL. You come back again, just as enthusiastic as before, completely ignoring the previous false promises, and do it all over again. Nothing ever happens. Nothing ever has happened. That's why both James and Kevin quit, because they know it better than anyone.

I can't help but be optimistic that this time could be different, but it would really have to be different. Ryan, you need to just release one update where anyone can contribute to development and all you have to do is veto the stuff you don't like - because you and I both know that life will just get in the way again. f*ck RSPSs, whatever you want to turn this place into, I'm game. Personally I'd love to see this community evolve into some sort of indie game hub that focuses on a completely different (and not dead) niche.

.... but you and I both know that isn't going to happen.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Recoil on December 01, 2016, 12:30:50 AM
Quote from: Bill on November 22, 2016, 03:16:53 AM

Dude.... I have to say this just so I don't go insane. But both of you, please.... for the love of god, don't make this into another "I'm back for real this time, ready for muh updates?" Within the last 4 years Ryan alone has probably done just that at least 10 times. You come back, you promise this big giant recovery, you go AWOL. You come back again, just as enthusiastic as before, completely ignoring the previous false promises, and do it all over again. Nothing ever happens. Nothing ever has happened. That's why both James and Kevin quit, because they know it better than anyone.

I can't help but be optimistic that this time could be different, but it would really have to be different. Ryan, you need to just release one update where anyone can contribute to development and all you have to do is veto the stuff you don't like - because you and I both know that life will just get in the way again. f*ck RSPSs, whatever you want to turn this place into, I'm game. Personally I'd love to see this community evolve into some sort of indie game hub that focuses on a completely different (and not dead) niche.

.... but you and I both know that isn't going to happen.
I actually agree with you completely. Every time I would want to come back and get something done, multiple roadblocks would get in my way and my motivation to work on the game would fade. One thing that I've learned over the years is that I am not good with time management, and I have been using many methods in order to get better in that area.

I also believe that the community is the thing that we really need to revive; the game always had, and will always have, some kinds of issues just due to the type of software that it is. I also think you were spot on about the type of updates that we need to produce, and that is to let more people become active with the development of the game. I am actually working on a development plan right now, the first step of that being attempting to get WorldScape and RuneRebels using the same username & password for both sites and the game, as this will greatly simplify the work that we have to do in the future. ;)

Neon

I actually really hope this comes back, Ive been stopping in every now and then to see what was up and Im really glad to see this. Im not sure how much you guys remember me but you should hahaha. I hope to see big things from WS again!
So

Freakin'

OG
Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2012, 09:29:25 PM
There's no such thing as *Fap Fap Fap* breaks. Only breaks from *Fap Fap Fap*  ::)

Oden

Quote from: Neon on December 02, 2016, 05:11:34 PM
I actually really hope this comes back, Ive been stopping in every now and then to see what was up and Im really glad to see this. Im not sure how much you guys remember me but you should hahaha. I hope to see big things from WS again!
Same, I've got hope haha. Your name doesn't ring a bell.

Neon

I was Bri or Brianna or Pride lol posed as a girl for the longest time. Look up Pride or Bri on the forums
So

Freakin'

OG
Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2012, 09:29:25 PM
There's no such thing as *Fap Fap Fap* breaks. Only breaks from *Fap Fap Fap*  ::)

Oden

Quote from: Neon on December 02, 2016, 05:28:18 PM
I was Bri or Brianna or Pride lol posed as a girl for the longest time. Look up Pride or Bri on the forums
Yes... I know you.lol

D E A T H

Holy shit never seen a RSPS community this tight even after a long hiatus. What a community you have created Ryan :). Can't wait to see what this place could turn into.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Petter

Quote from: D E A T H on December 03, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
Holy shit never seen a RSPS community this tight even after a long hiatus. What a community you have created Ryan :). Can't wait to see what this place could turn into.

This can't be the real kyle. Normally you'd spin up sme bullshit on how it's never going to work them rant about some shit political topic.

Oden

Quote from: Petter on December 04, 2016, 11:55:12 PM
Quote from: D E A T H on December 03, 2016, 12:08:01 AM
Holy shit never seen a RSPS community this tight even after a long hiatus. What a community you have created Ryan :) . Can't wait to see what this place could turn into.

This can't be the real kyle. Normally you'd spin up sme bullshit on how it's never going to work them rant about some shit political topic.
Hue.