News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

My Resignation

Started by James, March 19, 2016, 08:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hey guys,

I hate to drop it off like this, and it's going to be quite long, but I'm going to be as blunt and straightforward as possible. When Kevin got out, I saw my opportunity to speak my mind and do so as well. This will be my resignation.

For starters, lets take a look at the good stuff. I started playing AGF's first server (Worldscape) Back in late 2006 early 2007. Those early days were some of the best times of my gaming life. After playing for a couple weeks, I got to know Ryan and the way way wayyyy former owner, Gizmo. We started talking about the server, ways it could improve, etc. and I eventually received a player moderator spot. After about two weeks of being a player moderator, I became an administrator. After Gizmo did some pretty shitty stuff, Ryan brought Jeremy on as his new co owner, and I was given the title 'head of staff.' Life happened, and at the time I was falling behind in some of my college work and working two jobs, so I decided to give up PC gaming altogether and left. Flashforward to oh... I believe it was 2010 or 2011, and I decided to see if Worldscape was still around. It was, and I got reacquainted with Ryan, and got to know Kevin. I was given my administrator privileges and before long, they both asked me to step up and become a part owner. Around this time, RR was started. I was slow to jump on board, focusing the majority of my attention on a dead game from my childhood, but eventually came around.

WorldScape (and later RuneRebels) has become a huge part of my young and adult life, and for that I couldn't thank everyone enough. I've had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of fun getting to know most of you, and made some great friends along the way.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to get to the bad. This isn't attempting to throw shade towards anyone, this is just me being as open and honest as possible, like I've always tried to be.

First, communication itself between Ryan, Kevin, and Myself has become almost non existent. To the point where sometimes, we don't speak for 1-3 MONTHS at a time. I know this goes three ways, but it's still unacceptable, unprofessional, and just downright won't work for an ownership group. 

Second, there have been way too many empty promises made by all of us. I think deep down, we all genuinely wanted to bring RR and WS back. Real life has gotten in the way wayyy too many times, and in my opinion if we can't make time for this, there's no point leading you guys on any farther. The database (that was supposed to be brought back over 3 months ago) was never brought back online. There has been no further development to the API system that was supposed to be introduced over 3 months ago. There has been 0 progress made internally to the server in almost two years. Ryan is working on multiple start up projects and has no time whatsoever for the RSPS's. Kevin is now working on ServerAds, and I'm busy being a grown up. It's just not feasible.

Third, we've been way too dishonest with the majority of you guys, and chased off the majority of our playerbase because of it. The reputation that RR and AGF has right now is pretty awful, and for that I apologize.

Again, I want to sincerely thank everyone for the fun I've had the past 8 or so years. It's been really enjoyable (minus the last year or so), and I'll still be around every now and then. And to Ryan specifically, if you plan on bringing the RSPS's back again, I do wish you the best of luck.

Your alcoholic buddy,

-James

Jake

f*ck man out of everyone you are the last person I'd ever want to leave. You basically were the only person to give a shit for a long long time, Worldscape & Runerebels. 90% of the good shit that managed to get done here was because of you.

I'm grateful I got to know you and be friends with you my man, all the best with what life has to throw at you  8)

(you drunk b*tch)

Kryptonite

^ yes.

James, you've easily always been the most respectable person on this game. I'm sorry you've put as much effort as you have into this game to get almost no care in return from anybody else. Have an awesome life and enjoy yourself. This was a great way to resign. I like everything you said. Take it easy dude.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V

Recoil

I've always respected the honestly and intellect in your posts, much like this one. Even though I never got to know you on a personal level, you've always been one of my if not my favorite people/person I've seen in my 6 years of AGF forum-browsing, not just out of staff members.

Nice knowin' ya.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.