News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

trololol

Started by Jake, January 19, 2016, 07:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 30, 2014, 03:44:03 PM
The main thing that I'm working on now is development tools and resources so that more people can contribute to the codebase. This should make adding new features and fixing bugs much faster; I'm also trying to make things more organized, set up dedicated developer worlds, and then get some staff. :)

Kryptonite

i've been trolled : - (

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

You really got trolled by that? That was like his 50th empty promise.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

It's actually already made...

Ryan does a lot of back-end stuff, most of which he doesn't post about.

Petter

We're working on some upcoming updates aswell as a lot of bugfixes.

Jake

I wanna be excited about that but I can't be sure or not if it's 100% going to happen  :-[

Mia

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2016, 12:12:36 AM
It's actually already made...

Ryan does a lot of back-end stuff, most of which he doesn't post about.

He's a lot smarter than we all already believe, too.

Recoil

Why not work on the actual game since no one notices "back-end stuff"?
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Petter

You don't notice it because you've been playing this server for some time. Try going on another rsps and you will thank us for doing so many back end updates.

Allgofree has the most smooth running rsps server engine.

Jake

Quote from: Petter on January 21, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
You don't notice it because you've been playing this server for some time. Try going on another rsps and you will thank us for doing so many back end updates.

I'm not gonna deny Worldscape/Runerebels is the smoothest RSPS i've played on.

ALTHOUGH,

A smoothly running server isn't what players come to play, obviously it's an advantage but, there's heaps of servers that are buggy as f*ck but they have interesting and good content that make people play. When, hopefully when, Worldscape gets some unique and fresh content the back-end stuff will be more appreciated and noticed.

Jake

I still think we should bring back blitz tho  ;)

James

Quote from: Jake on January 20, 2016, 09:43:27 PM
I wanna be excited about that but I can't be sure or not if it's 100% going to happen  :-[

This. It sucks when everyone gets super hyped and excited, and it falls apart in 3 hours. I hope everyone is serious this time.

Kryptonite

No fuck you kevin and petter don't post stuff giving us hope that this game is actually going to be worked on and updated in the future that's just cruel.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: Petter on January 21, 2016, 02:23:34 AM

Instead of addressing my concern you just put yourself on a high horse. I never denied the server is smooth. I said I wanted game updates. I think it's a little late in the game to be tweaking the server engine when this community has been on its last limb for oh, I don't know, a good 2 years now? Like Jesus, if the server engine is so damn smooth then how long is it going to take to be smooth enough?
Dem digits

Kevin

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 21, 2016, 12:34:06 PM
No fuck you kevin and petter don't post stuff giving us hope that this game is actually going to be worked on and updated in the future that's just cruel.

I do know he has been working on making it so players can create their own updates and implement them.

It was an idea I had years ago, where people could create entire updates and post them for Ryan to approve; this would even work for players posting updates and bug fixes.

I am not sure how close it is to being done.