News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Grand Exchange

Started by Joris, December 03, 2011, 03:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

A Grand Exchange would be quite the tool. Maybe to give Ryan an even better challenge? I'm glad to see people still interested in suggestions for the server, makes me happy.

It's good to see people also reflecting on past topics, it's good to see that someone is that interested. Even though it's not shameful to post on older topics. It would be good to post new fresh ones with maybe, perhaps, even more reflective thoughts--of course to help enrich the suggestions--

Recoil

A grand exchange may be cool, but first of all there's no real point. Given our player amount, you can easily contact everyone in-game without having a trading system do it for you. Yes, Ryan could pull it off, that's not what should be questioned. It's is it necessary? Not really. Also, like said before in this topic, our currency is shit right now. Even if we do get a World 2 with reset accounts as planned, it would still be useless to half the people on World 1. There'd be no basis for currency. Instead of posting offers for money, it'd have to be other rares, and that'd be too complicated. But as said, if you want to sell an item you could just yell it or post it on the forums, and everyone that plays will see it. If no one buys/sells what you're looking for, it's not because not enough people saw it. It's because no one wanted the deal. The sole purpose of the Grand Exchange is to make trading a more public issue, it finds what you what and matches it with a different offer. But you can already do that with our small community. Yes it may be fun to have at first. But A) there is no point right now, B) there'd be no basis for currency.

And I too enjoy older topics being brought up, unless it's like an in-game event and someone's like "I wanna join!" a year later. I think that this situation should be fine, otherwise it would've (or should've) been locked by now. I honestly think the grave-digging rule should be changed to that, but that's just me.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Thehate

As many other players have posted previously, we will need an overhaul of the economy, but if that happens then it will be a good thing :) The grand exchange should bring a good amount of players into the server, however this maybe best saved for RuneRubels as that will bring in a boat-load of players.
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Yoho

Quote from: thehate on May 13, 2012, 04:07:41 AM
As many other players have posted previously, we will need an overhaul of the economy, but if that happens then it will be a good thing :) The grand exchange should bring a good amount of players into the server, however this maybe best saved for RuneRubels as that will bring in a boat-load of players.

Runerebels is a 2006 remake.

I don't like the grand exchange, I liked the Runescape where you stud in world 1 or 2 selling/buying stuff.

Desolate

Quote from: Yoho on May 13, 2012, 04:20:25 AM
That it is. The grand exchange was released in 2007 and therefore it won't be added to RuneRebels.

Thehate

Quote from: Jarred on May 13, 2012, 04:24:39 AM
Quote from: Yoho on May 13, 2012, 04:20:25 AM
That it is. The grand exchange was released in 2007 and therefore it won't be added to RuneRebels.

Fair enough then Jarred, I wasn't sure if it was a 2006 or 2007 ;) So I just put it out there :)
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Desolate

It's a great idea regardless.  :)
A lot of things would need to be changed before this is implemented.
EDIT: Perhaps this could be implemented into World 2 as well as the first world if changes to the economy etc were made..

monkeys phat

Sorry I'm new to using forums
When Nothing Goes Right , Go Left :D

Old Account : Magekill

Arabs are Baws

Kryptonite

Quote from: monkeys phat on May 13, 2012, 08:38:23 AM
Sorry I'm new to using forums
Lol random.

Tbh, I don't like having a grand exchange. The economy seems to be better off without it.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

I K3 Dubstep

On an amazing day there's 10 players on at once. Why would you need a Grand Exchange? It's not that hard to say "Buying x at ::lumby"
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Jake

Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on May 18, 2012, 12:00:07 AM
On an amazing day there's 10 players on at once. Why would you need a Grand Exchange? It's not that hard to say "Buying x at ::lumby"
Maybe he's thinking it could make more players come online daily? Think of the possibilities, You never know  8)

I K3 Dubstep

Quote from: Jake on May 18, 2012, 05:30:45 AM
Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on May 18, 2012, 12:00:07 AM
Maybe he's thinking it could make more players come online daily? Think of the possibilities, You never know  8)

Sadly, no one logs onto a server thinking, "Oh man, they just put in a new Grand Exchange, it's gonna be so much fun! :D"
If anything it'd hurt the server. People hardly talk as it is, imagine if they weren't required to communicate to trade items?
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."