News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Poll for Worldscape's future.

Started by James, November 04, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Kryptonite

Okay. So how about we just do this instead of everyone just commenting on it?

weed

Jake

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 14, 2014, 01:15:40 AM
Okay. So how about we just do this instead of everyone just commenting on it?
Agree'd. We may aswell just go straight ahead and do it. Anyone in their right mind would be all for this as we'd have more chance of building a more stable server.

Kryptonite

weed

Predator

How about we open a whole new server with the same exact worldscape code, but without the levels and what not. I talked to ryan about this a few days ago, and he though it was a great idea.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Kryptonite

What the hell would be the point of that..?

weed

Predator

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 15, 2014, 01:31:27 PM
What the hell would be the point of that..?
Instead of locking worldscape, we could just leave it as is and open a mew server flr the once who would want that.

Kryptonite

I still don't think you've grasped the concept of what this update would do.. Maybe re-read the post

weed

James

Quote from: Predator on November 15, 2014, 01:24:34 PM
How about we open a whole new server with the same exact worldscape code, but without the levels and what not. I talked to ryan about this a few days ago, and he though it was a great idea.

You have got to be one of the most selfish people I've ever met. I think we should just totally reset Worldscape and delete all of the old character files, that way you do lose your stuff. Ryan will say anythings a good idea, because he's too nice of a guy. We would have to pay for MORE WEBSITES, we would have to find time (which is hard to come by, especially time with Ryan if you haven't noticed) to develop not only three servers but FOUR servers. We would split up a small community EVEN FURTHER. And on top of that, even if we say hey, we're just going to completely abandon Worldscape and focus on this "new Worldscape" I could guarantee that all we would see on the old Worldscape forums is 100 posts a month FROM YOU talking about how shitty of a job we're doing developing the server blah blah blah I quit because of lack of updates blah blah blah, even though we would have announced that it's not supported anymore.

I'm done. Petter, I like you. BUT, you need to realize that we're not going to do only what YOU want, which is all I see you wanting to get accomplished. From what I can see, you don't give A shit about the community itself, only what's good for Petter.  It's also kind of shitty that you keep attempting to run between the three of us attempting to get only what you want done; for example, the Tokkul thing.  99% of the community agrees that this is the direction we need to go, the 1% (you) won't hold us back from trying to revive Worldscape.

#Rantover

Predator

"You have got to be one of the most selfish people I've ever met."
just because i stand up for what i've worked on, and how i want to progress further makes me selfish?

"I think we should just totally reset Worldscape and delete all of the old character files, that way you do lose your stuff."
You've seen the screenshot before, couldn't find it o.o not gonna matter anyways though, yo're just conna come up with some BS reason how this doesn't effect anything.

"We would have to pay for MORE WEBSITES"
The $270 something dollars i donated should probably help out with that, because that's where the money donated it spent, right? or..? atleast that's what were told.

"Ryan will say anythings a good idea ..."
maybe, but that's what he said, and that's why i said it. I can't predict that he means something else then what he says.

"I could guarantee that all we would see on the  ... I quit because of lack of updat ... even though we would have announced that it's not supported anymore."
IF it was announced that it wouldn't have any support, why would I complain about lack of updates?
And why do you think i complain about lack of updates James? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO UPDATES. I don't know who's fault it is, and i don't really care either, but don't go out there saying that the lack of players are because of anything buy the lack of updates.

"we're not going to do only what YOU want ..."
Well sorry James, for reporting a bug.

"From what I can see ... don't give A shit about the community ... only what's good for Petter"
Wait.. what? where did you get that from?

"It's also kind of shitty ... run between the three of us ... only what you want done ... the Tokkul thing"
I never tried to run between any of you, but if you're not online, I message ryan, if ryan is not online I message you. if non of you are online, I message the chat. but from experience, that just brings up arguments, so i tried to avoid ANOTHER argument, not cross any of you.

"99% of the community agrees that this is the direction we need to go, the 1% (you) won't hold us back from trying to revive Worldscape."
First of al James, we're not 100 people in this community. And second of all, i'm not trying to hold anything back, go ahead and restart everything if you really think that you can manage to update a server. witch is something I doubt.

James

Quote from: Predator on November 16, 2014, 03:11:54 AM
"You have got to be one of the most selfish people I've ever met."
just because i stand up for what i've worked on, and how i want to progress further makes me selfish?

"I think we should just totally reset Worldscape and delete all of the old character files, that way you do lose your stuff."
You've seen the screenshot before, couldn't find it o.o not gonna matter anyways though, yo're just conna come up with some BS reason how this doesn't effect anything.

"We would have to pay for MORE WEBSITES"
The $270 something dollars i donated should probably help out with that, because that's where the money donated it spent, right? or..? atleast that's what were told.

"Ryan will say anythings a good idea ..."
maybe, but that's what he said, and that's why i said it. I can't predict that he means something else then what he says.

"I could guarantee that all we would see on the  ... I quit because of lack of updat ... even though we would have announced that it's not supported anymore."
IF it was announced that it wouldn't have any support, why would I complain about lack of updates?
And why do you think i complain about lack of updates James? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO UPDATES. I don't know who's fault it is, and i don't really care either, but don't go out there saying that the lack of players are because of anything buy the lack of updates.

"we're not going to do only what YOU want ..."
Well sorry James, for reporting a bug.

"From what I can see ... don't give A shit about the community ... only what's good for Petter"
Wait.. what? where did you get that from?

"It's also kind of shitty ... run between the three of us ... only what you want done ... the Tokkul thing"
I never tried to run between any of you, but if you're not online, I message ryan, if ryan is not online I message you. if non of you are online, I message the chat. but from experience, that just brings up arguments, so i tried to avoid ANOTHER argument, not cross any of you.

"99% of the community agrees that this is the direction we need to go, the 1% (you) won't hold us back from trying to revive Worldscape."
First of al James, we're not 100 people in this community. And second of all, i'm not trying to hold anything back, go ahead and restart everything if you really think that you can manage to update a server. witch is something I doubt.

1. Standing up for what you worked on? Dude, come on now. We already established that you've used duped items for different stats, and if I'm not mistaken you've been caught botting before.Also, not to say you're guilty, but the amount of times you've been accused of using bots the past few months kind of speaks for itself in regards to "earning." In addition to that, you were given unreleased items by Ryan.

2. That screen shot means nothing. WE OWN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU DO NOT OWN IT. We can reset anything we want, at any time we want, without any reasoning. You agreed to it in the original terms of service. See below.

[spoiler]9. ...All ideas, submissions, messages, emails, specifications, and code that are presented or submitted to this website become the property of AllGoFree unless otherwise noted by copyrights. Any information submitted can be used by AllGoFree for any purposes we deem necessary without any obligation or compensation to the individual or company.[/spoiler]

Your account is classified as an idea, submission, specification, and code. Therefor, it is our property to do with it as we please.

3. I don't think you realize how much there is in server upkeep. Each domain costs us $9.99 to $22.99 PER MONTH. On top of that, the VPS that we use to run the forums and the developer world costs $23.99 PER MONTH. On top of that, Ryan is responsible for paying 50% of his parent's electric bill, which the bill in full is usually well over $350 PER MONTH, which makes Ryan paying $175 PER MONTH.  The total cost (approximation) to run the servers each month is $320. I, and Ryan and Kevin, appreciate you and everyone elses donations very much, but just because you donated does not mean you get a special say in what goes on with the server, nor any special treatments. Ultimately again, donating benefits YOU as well, because YOU also get items. Also, neither Kevin nor myself control any type of donations or finances. I'd be more than happy to bring Ryan into this to discuss the server finances, and how most months it ends up being one of us paying to keep everything afloat.

4. I agree with you there. Not much I can say on that as I am not Ryan. But, I have known Ryan for several years, and I know he's a genuinely nice guy who doesn't want to make people feel bad. I could suggest to him right now that we should make a server called pissscape where the entire goal of the server is to piss on a flower, and he would say it would be a good idea to not hurt my feelings.

5. Because frankly, I know you. You seem to be the one that complains the most about lack of updates, even when we DO push out updates they seem to be not good enough for you.  I was promised that something I really wanted done for Worldscape would be done in three weeks, unfortunately it hasn't been done in that time frame. I would LOVE to be able to push out updates every week, but unless I get some help that's just not something I can do. As with Ryan and Kevin, the servers are not the most important things in my life. They are very dear and precious to me, but they are not #1.

6. I don't see how Tokkul being untradeable is a "bug." You attempted to lie to Ryan to make it tradeable to use it for your own gain, when we looked at the old Winterlove source and saw that Tokkul was in fact untradeable. We're keeping it untradeable, because like everything else in the economy, it was duped heavily. No point in adding extra fuel to a forest fire that's already blazing out of control.

7. That's about as false as it gets. You messaged me asking to make tokkul tradeable, I said no. You went and asked Ryan, Ryan asked me if I'd talked to you about it, and I told him I had, and therefore Ryan said no.

8. I never said we're a 100 player community. That was a bit of an exaggeration, but it's close to the truth. Every single person I've talked to (and yes, I've sat down and talked to a bunch of people individually on the topic, as well as yourself) besides you is 100% behind it. And on top of that, you proved my point. Worldscape has had more updates in the past month and a half that I took over than it has in almost two years. That argument isn't valid anymore. Sure, it's not updated as much as I would like, but I'm limited to things I can release since a few bad admins/owners over the years released pretty much every item into the economy, and then those items were duped. This update would change that drastically, as it would give me the ability to potentially make different stages of boss monsters that drop different items that are considered "rare" now without everyone going nuts. It would give us the ability to have events where we're giving out items that haven't already been released. It would make the game a lot more fair and balanced, as opposed to two people controlling the entire economy, so that when new players log on they're not instantly turned off because there's no way in hell they're going to be rich and successful on Worldscape due to other players getting lucky and being handed out items.

Recoil

James if you really want to try and push weekly updates I could do my best to help you on Sundays and I'm sure Kane would as well. I haven't gotten into a lot of coding shit lately but I'd love to see weekly updates here.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

James

Quote from: Recoil on November 16, 2014, 04:47:36 AM
James if you really want to try and push weekly updates I could do my best to help you on Sundays and I'm sure Kane would as well. I haven't gotten into a lot of coding shit lately but I'd love to see weekly updates here.

I wish it was as easy as that. Unfortunately, without the API, I'm stuck doing regular developer stuff, like working with the tables. I'd like to have access to the api or the plugins, that way the stuff that i want to get done could get done a lot sooner.