News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Poll for Worldscape's future.

Started by James, November 04, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hey guys,

In my time developing solely Worldscape for the past few months, I've noticed something. When new players join, they don't stay. When asked why,  most of them say something very similar: the economy is trash, and theres no opportunities for anyone to be on top of the hiscores.  I've got a solution for it, that we've tried once before but it failed due to a lack of care and progression.

What I am proposing, is yet another World split. But, there's a catch to keeping old accounts on a separate world:

1. The new world would have all of the current WorldScape (which will be renamed to Worldscape classic) accounts. These accounts will have all of their items, stats, and will not change. There will be a seperate high scores, that way it remains competitive for players who use the classic server.

2. There will be NO SUPPORT for the second server. The second server will be left as is, and will not receive any updates. Mainly due to the fact we will be focused on the NEW Worldscape. (The 474 version)

3. Only players WITH WS classic accounts will be able to play the WS Classic server. Registration would be closed.

Now, on to the new world:

1. The new world will be a complete restart. No stats, no items, nothing.

2. The new world will be multi revision again, with the 377 client, the 508 client, and soon to be the 474 client.

3. There will be BI-WEEKLY updates for the new Worldscape server.

4. There will be suggested content polls, where you all would be able to suggest content for us to add, and then we'll all vote on it as a server, and the good suggestions will be implemented.

5. PK'ing sets will be buyable with coins, so the people who think pk'ing will die because of lack of these items are wrong. We plan on having a shop that sells Dharocks, Whips, DDS's, and Amulets of strength.

I'll add new stuff as I think about it or as questions are asked. Thoughts?

Dug

It's nice to see devotion and dedication to putting something back where it should be. We've been struggling on this specific issue for quite some time I believe and some of us may not be here that much and others are such as Petter.
I'd like to ask not in the form of an argument but clarification, how would this be different to Worldscape Blitz? I know for a fact that you wouldn't allow chaos elementals to drop god armor or Sara swords because that's somewhat too recent for a new game launch along with hosting a drop party of masks and party hats (If we all remember that's what ruined blitz to a certain degree).
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

James

Quote from: Dug on November 04, 2014, 04:06:16 PM
It's nice to see devotion and dedication to putting something back where it should be. We've been struggling on this specific issue for quite some time I believe and some of us may not be here that much and others are such as Petter.
I'd like to ask not in the form of an argument but clarification, how would this be different to Worldscape Blitz? I know for a fact that you wouldn't allow chaos elementals to drop god armor or Sara swords because that's somewhat too recent for a new game launch along with hosting a drop party of masks and party hats (If we all remember that's what ruined blitz to a certain degree).

It'll just be like Worldscape as it is, but with a reset.  All items that are attainable are attainable as they are. We don't intend on changing the core of the game, just putting everyone on an equal playing field.

Kryptonite

Yes please do this exactly how you described it. But I would suggest making large amounts of coins harder to obtain because I feel like someone could get max cash in a few days easily.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

James

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 04, 2014, 05:21:28 PM
Yes please do this exactly how you described it. But I would suggest making large amounts of coins harder to obtain because I feel like someone could get max cash in a few days easily.

Explain how to make it harder, and we'll look into it =]

Krest I V

Make it so that 1000 GP isn't as easy as selling a bunch of runes or anything like that. Make it so that, say, one magic log is worth 1k GP when buying and only 500 GP when selling. Come up with a list of items and make it so that those are the only items that can be sold for GP. Anything that is sold in shops must be able to be sold to shops. The shops regenerate everything except for skilling items, but the items they do regenerate don't do it very quickly, especially with powerful items.

For an example I'll use three shops.

Shop A: Buys Magic Logs for 500, Rune Ess for 25, and Raw Sharks for 350. They also sell those same items for 1000, 75, and 500 respectively. Sometimes there's a 100% markup, other time it's 200%, and then finally there are 45% markups. Up to you really, as long as it is balanced appropriately and you cannot sell for more GP than you can buy for.

Shop B: Buys all sorts of armor, weapons, and equipment. Rune stuff will go for somewhat cheap while other things like Barrows goes for a little more and all the way up to the best armor will cost several tens of thousands of coins.

Shop C: Buys and sells rares at a set rate. You buy it for 500k you can later sell it for 500k.

It'll probably need to be more balanced than that because at the moment you can get money very quick by going and killing Otherworldly Beings and selling the barrows. Using that you could just buy a ton of sharks or whatever. Balancing for my system is in need but once it is balanced it can work.

wolf

coins will be hard enough to get as it is without dupes and correctly working shops.

EDIT: Also buff Jad right up to hit 30 - 60 repeatedly and double his HP then remove the use fire cape on another player option. and put him in his own little lair.

Jake

Why can't we just re-release blitz? :( That was a much better server and didn't deserve to go.

If we do go ahead with this though I agree with what Wolf stated, we should rework all the existing bosses to be a lot harder and to drop useful things. Like bring the mole back in and stuff like that.

Example; Mole can drop Bandos/sigils/keris etc

wolf

Kryptonite

Also get rid of ::runes then ability to alch mith seeds for like 5m a minute or whatever.

weed

Jake

Definitely get rid of ::runes & ::food even. Gives purpose to cooking and fishing and might make it a reliable source of money.

wolf

Quote from: Jake on November 05, 2014, 12:14:04 AM
Definitely get rid of ::runes & ::food even. Gives purpose to cooking and fishing and might make it a reliable source of money.
If ::runes goes so does a big part of pk'ing. even if nobody pk's.

Kryptonite

Quote from: wolf on November 05, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

I didn't mean get rid of runes I meant like remove the ability to abuse that. So like don't give nature runes for ::runes cuz they're not used for pking anyway.

weed

wolf

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 05, 2014, 12:22:07 AM
Quote from: wolf on November 05, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

I didn't mean get rid of runes I meant like remove the ability to abuse that. So like don't give nature runes for ::runes cuz they're not used for pking anyway.
::runes gives like
1k Bloods, Deaths, Souls and Waters and you can do it once every hour would be pretty awesome.

Jake

You don't need to use Runes to pk essentially, No one forces you to use Magic even though it is more of an advantage.

I think scrap the ::runes idea all together so we need to actually runecraft our own runes.