News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Herblore shop?

Started by James, October 06, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Idk, it does seem like another way for lazy people to cut corners, but I can see people who favor it as well.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Yoho

Quote from: Jake on October 07, 2014, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: Krest I V on October 07, 2014, 03:01:26 AM
Short cut. If herblore were released when the rest of the game was released I doubt that Cash, Pvm, and I would be that far considering how many Shades we killed to get 2b in multiple combat stats.
Hows paying $100 of money you've actually had to earn to max out a skill that's completely worthless a short cut? You want to argue about everything and anything but then again that's just typical Nick for anyone who's unaware.

What's quicker? Donating and buying all the herbs or killing shades and getting your herbs kill by kill.

Kryptonite

What the f*ck lol there's already an herb shop for donators why is this even a topic

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

I don't donate for the skilling supplies, like seriously what's the point? I usually donate a max of $20 at a time and I don't donate regularly so if I spent that on herbs to me it would be a waste of a money because in reality it won't even get me close to half way.

In another argument you could get 135 for the few hundred dollars it costs to take the easy way then at the end of it all you get a spot on the highscores and a cape, like seriously, you could buy 5 sets of bandos every elegent set multiple times and everything else at least twice, wich could probably buy you double the herbs required for 135 if you buy them from players.

Jake

Quote from: wolf on October 07, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
I don't donate for the skilling supplies, like seriously what's the point? I usually donate a max of $20 at a time and I don't donate regularly so if I spent that on herbs to me it would be a waste of a money because in reality it won't even get me close to half way.

In another argument you could get 135 for the few hundred dollars it costs to take the easy way then at the end of it all you get a spot on the highscores and a cape, like seriously, you could buy 5 sets of bandos every elegent set multiple times and everything else at least twice, wich could probably buy you double the herbs required for 135 if you buy them from players.
If I were to pay $100 just for the herbs I wouldn't sell it for any item. The only person that would donate that much money is someone who actually wants to max out and get 135 Herblore. As you said though, It's pointless donating for skilling items. It's pointless donating for anything, that's not a donation.

Recoil

What if we did the shit they do in 07? Something like nightmare zone? Basically just a mini-game and for the rewards you can get like boxes of herbs, know what I mean?
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Jake

Quote from: Recoil on October 08, 2014, 12:16:06 AM
What if we did the shit they do in 07? Something like nightmare zone? Basically just a mini-game and for the rewards you can get like boxes of herbs, know what I mean?
I don't mind that idea. It'd take longer to code and implement but it'd be a bigger update and we can add to it in the long run.

wolf

What I mean is, if you donate $100 for all the herbs, you could probably donate $50 and buy regular donator items and sell them for the same amount of herbs.

Predator

Money has always been a shortcut. It is now, and it will always be.
However, 100 dollars for one skill on an inactive rsps is closer to a scam.
And krest, you are in every single argument that has been on this server ever since it was revived. It's jake's responsibility to be there.

But krest, since I find you more of a kid than anyone else here, let me help you a little.

Youre on a vacation to your cabin in the woods with your whole family. Suddenly you stumble upon a lake
Option 1: drive around the lake (20 minutes extra)
Option 2: cross the lake with a boat ($1000)

Even though option 2 is a shortcut, it's not automaticly the best option.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

wolf

Quote from: Predator on October 08, 2014, 12:31:03 AM
Money has always been a shortcut. It is now, and it will always be.
However, 100 dollars for one skill on an inactive rsps is closer to a scam.
And krest, you are in every single argument that has been on this server ever since it was revived. It's jake's responsibility to be there.

But krest, since I find you more of a kid than anyone else here, let me help you a little.

Youre on a vacation to your cabin in the woods with your whole family. Suddenly you stumble upon a lake

Forum* You're* Automatically*

Recoil

Quote from: Predator on October 08, 2014, 12:31:03 AM

That's a clever perspective, but I just don't think it applies to a video game. I think peoples' main concern is that how rich you are shouldn't determine your stats, a lot of people think it should be based on dedication and skill. I can't speak for Nick though.
Dem digits

Krest I V

I don't care if they buy the skill or not, that's up to them. But comparing a 20 minute walk around the lake opposed to a $1000 ride across the lake isn't anything close to comparing hundreds upon hundreds of hours of killing Shades opposed to the $100 you spent. You stretched the obscene amount smaller and the moderate amount larger. Good try, though, kid.

Jake

Quote from: wolf on October 08, 2014, 12:27:21 AM
What I mean is, if you donate $100 for all the herbs, you could probably donate $50 and buy regular donator items and sell them for the same amount of herbs.
Oh right, Well yeah you're pretty much on the money with that one.

Herblore just needs a re-vamp. Worldscape can't be a donate to be successful server.

Predator

Quote from: Krest I V on October 08, 2014, 01:28:44 AM
I don't care if they buy the skill or not, that's up to them. But comparing a 20 minute walk around the lake opposed to a $1000 ride across the lake isn't anything close to comparing hundreds upon hundreds of hours of killing Shades opposed to the $100 you spent. You stretched the obscene amount smaller and the moderate amount larger. Good try, though, kid.

I don't think you've gotten this yet, but worldscape items and IRL money is actually a diffirent currecy.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kryptonite on October 07, 2014, 04:02:19 PM
What the f*ck lol there's already an herb shop for donators why is this even a topic

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.