News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Herblore shop?

Started by James, October 06, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Would you guys prefer a herblore shop for supplies?

If so, should we charge rune shards (make it donators only, to help support the server?)

Krest I V

If it's only for donators then the skill becomes something that you have to pay for which isn't really something I'm up for. At the same time, Kane, you, and Predator all paid quite a bit of money in order to get it and it would be a bit unfair if you just all of the sudden made it significantly easier to get the items.

I think that there should be a general skilling shop. In the skilling shop you can buy or sell all sorts of skilling supplies like logs, bones, herbs, ores, and so on. If you sell one hundred logs you can get one piece of currency that can then be used to buy 10 gold ore or 50 essence or 8 kwuarm. Obviously the easier it is to get the resource the less it should be worth in comparison to other resources.

wolf

You know how you get uncut runes from mining. Can we make it you get tokens or something from WC, Mining, Fishing, Thieving and Farming (more frequently) and you spend them on herbs?

Jake

The skill practically is a buyable skill. Evidentially you can only donate to get 135 which is stupid, either that or kill shades for about 4 years. I don't think a Herblore shop should be added, I think it should stay how it is and introduce herbs another way. An efficient way though.

wolf

I like my idea, we just need to remove the herb shop for donators

Krest I V

No don't remove the donator herb shop. If people want to buy a short cut then let them.

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on October 06, 2014, 11:45:56 PM
No don't remove the donator herb shop. If people want to buy a short cut then let them.
I don't see how it's a short cut. It's the only reasonable way to get 135 Herblore without wasting limitless amounts of time trying to obtain the materials.

Krest I V

Quote from: Jake on October 07, 2014, 01:56:21 AM
Quote from: Krest I V on October 06, 2014, 11:45:56 PM
I don't see how it's a short cut. It's the only reasonable way to get 135 Herblore without wasting limitless amounts of time trying to obtain the materials.

You just described a short cut. The traditional way would be to waste three and a half eternities getting herbs from Shades and the shortcut would be to just buy the items for a few hundred dollars.

Jake

Short cut or only way you can get 135 Herblore  ???

Krest I V

Short cut. If herblore were released when the rest of the game was released I doubt that Cash, Pvm, and I would be that far considering how many Shades we killed to get 2b in multiple combat stats.

Predator

Lets just introduce a new npc that drops large amounts of herbs.
And then we cam introduce anotherone that drops eyen of newt and all those other things.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

wolf

You need to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get all the herbs for 135 through donating though and it's just not worth it imo. But by all means if you think the donator herb shop should stay there then donate hundreds of dollars for the required herbs when there will most likely be a free non-donator way to acquire herbs in the future.

James

Different Slayer Monsters drop Herblore supplies as of the last update.

I'm going to merge the herblore shop, add the things that were mistakenly given out, and add a new area for NPC's that drop multiple herbs.

Any suggestions on an NPC? Should it be fairly hard to kill, or something that's rather easy?

wolf

Quote from: James on October 07, 2014, 08:02:39 AM
Different Slayer Monsters drop Herblore supplies as of the last update.

I'm going to merge the herblore shop, add the things that were mistakenly given out, and add a new area for NPC's that drop multiple herbs.

Any suggestions on an NPC? Should it be fairly hard to kill, or something that's rather easy?
Farmer, or something similar? And I would say rather easier depending on how many herbs it drops?

Predator

Quote from: James on October 07, 2014, 08:02:39 AM

Lots of agressive farmers!
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)