News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Centralized mining area

Started by James, September 13, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mining Area?

Yes?
No?
Don't give two shits?

Predator

Mining is not my problem as i only need like 15k more gold ores, but smithing.. woah!
80k gold ores is never going to happen as i make 1.000 on a good day.

I suggest we increase the exp for smithing! and maybe reduce the spawn time on every ore by like 50%
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Jake

Quote from: Predator on September 21, 2014, 06:25:30 AM
Mining is not my problem as i only need like 15k more gold ores, but smithing.. woah!
80k gold ores is never going to happen as i make 1.000 on a good day.

I suggest we increase the exp for smithing! and maybe reduce the spawn time on every ore by like 50%
This is exactly what I was saying, people who have given 60 of their life for the skill will be so against having an update on it.

I have no input on smithing as the next update involves bar and ore drops so I will give my opinion once the update is here. You said you didn't want to change mining, changing the respawn rate will change mining A LOT.

People are finding it hard to understand. It's not the spawn rate, nor has it got anything to do with how boring the skill is or anything like that, it's the XP per rock which accumulates to us having to put 60+ flipping hours into 1 skill. Not to mention the fact that the skill has 0 use to us players. Regardless of what level. Mining coincides with smithing, smithing is also a useless skill as everything you can make it 100% worthless and will do nothing except collect dust. This area of the game must be fixed I say.

Krest I V

If Predator and I are able to get to a high mining level then im sure you guys can as well. It isnt nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is. Its definitely a lot of time, but if there's someone else there, which there usually is, the time goes by quickly. You can also watch YouTube videos on the side. A typical youtube video for me runs about thirty mins. Thats alright 1/120 done and you can do more than one a day.

Predator

The mining is not my problem as i only need 15k gold ores. but Smithing is something we NEED TO FIX!
I won't mine 80k gold ores just so that's clear. and it's kinda ruining the fun in the game as youre not getting any profit from it either, it's basically just to get the level.

Recoil

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 01:58:13 PM
If Predator and I are able to get to a high mining level then im sure you guys can as well. It isnt nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is. Its definitely a lot of time, but if there's someone else there, which there usually is, the time goes by quickly. You can also watch YouTube videos on the side. A typical youtube video for me runs about thirty mins. Thats alright 1/120 done and you can do more than one a day.

You are still glossing over the entire point dude. No one is claiming it can't be done. I'm saying that it isn't consistent with the difficulty of other skills. I guarantee that if you had a shitty mining level you wouldn't be saying what you're saying. This isn't RuneScape where people spend that long to max a skill, it's simply a different game.

Quote from: Predator on September 21, 2014, 05:09:33 PM
The mining is not my problem as i only need 15k gold ores. but Smithing is something we NEED TO FIX!
I won't mine 80k gold ores just so that's clear. and it's kinda ruining the fun in the game as youre not getting any profit from it either, it's basically just to get the level.

You don't understand how ridiculous you sound. You are further proving mine and Jake's point. You guys are so f*cking sleazy, you only want things fixed based on what will benefit you personally, whereas Jake and I are concerned about the people at large. Mining may not be your problem,but you know what? A lot of other people consider it a problem right now. Mining is do-able, but not like any other skill right now. You guys would be completely on board with what we're saying if you weren't so biased on it. The game shouldn't have updates to tailor to only your specific f*cking choices.

It's like when whiny little bitches didn't want the eco fix because they "didn't want to lose their items." that wasn't the point, without it, the game had less value. Sometimes you have to make an incredibly small sacrifice so more people will want to play the damn game.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

James

Quote from: Recoil on September 21, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 01:58:13 PM

You are still glossing over the entire point dude. No one is claiming it can't be done. I'm saying that it isn't consistent with the difficulty of other skills. I guarantee that if you had a shitty mining level you wouldn't be saying what you're saying. This isn't RuneScape where people spend that long to max a skill, it's simply a different game.

Quote from: Predator on September 21, 2014, 05:09:33 PM

You don't understand how ridiculous you sound. You are further proving mine and Jake's point. You guys are so f*cking sleazy, you only want things fixed based on what will benefit you personally, whereas Jake and I are concerned about the people at large. Mining may not be your problem,but you know what? A lot of other people consider it a problem right now. Mining is do-able, but not like any other skill right now. You guys would be completely on board with what we're saying if you weren't so biased on it. The game shouldn't have updates to tailor to only your specific f*cking choices.

It's like when whiny little bitches didn't want the eco fix because they "didn't want to lose their items." that wasn't the point, without it, the game had less value. Sometimes you have to make an incredibly small sacrifice so more people will want to play the damn game.

I'm just gonna quote this and sink back into my hole

Predator

Well obviously I'm going to give a view of how I see the skill. why would I be making a post about how terrible crafting is whe I don't craft. I will mine myself to 135 and hopefully also get 135 smithing. just making an attemt to make it abit easier. Why are you so mad btw?

Krest I V

Okay, how about I flip things around then. Ethan, you only want the mining update to make things easier for you. You say you're doing it for everyone, but if we're being honest you couldn't give two shits if Jake got or not, and you shouldn't. You want it so that it is easier for you and you alone. You're fine with others having it easier, but that isn't what you're trying to get done. What you're going for is it being easier for you.

And yes, part of it is because of the fact that I'm nearing level 135 without needed the boosted experience and it's a bit of an accomplishment that I'll be the first and possibly only, but the other part is that it was designed to be this hard by RuneScape and our multiplier is consistent all the way across the board. I support what Kane is suggesting in adding new things to train on past level 100 as long as things are within reason, but I'm not going to support this.

Why would I support me having to do more work to get from A to B than everyone else? It's like trying to get through a maze and then as soon as you finish a new path opens up straight through the middle so everyone else can go through much quicker than I did. If we change the time needed to get to 135 from 60 hours to 15 hours then that's like you all just gained 45 hours of training on me.

Jake

Okay so lets put this in theory. Lets say that we did give Mining an overhaul and made it consistent with the other skills.

Why would it be so hard for you to swallow if you achieved 135 mining the 60 hour way and everyone else achieved it a much quicker way? It doesn't dampen the achievement at all, the achievement is still there. Things like this happen on Runescape all the time and no one seems to cry too much over it because it's improving the game for new players and overall putting the game a step forward with new content/updates. I had 99 Firemaking on Runescape the hard way and then a week after I achieved the skill they released bon fires. I was a little bit bummed because I wasted a lot of time and money on doing it by a longer method but I was still happy that the skill was even quicker. I know this isn't Runescape but it's the same concept.

Honestly this skill has been, without a doubt, the worst skill in Worldscape's history. No one wants to do it and anyone who's actually done it is either addicted to the game or has a lot of spare time to put into it. So why wouldn't it be changed? I'm not asking for a 5 hour skill or anything that low but at least even it out to how the other skills are. As I stated before, no one wants to play a private server and put 60 hours into a skill.

wolf

Honestly who cares, mining is a harder skill to get to 135 and it has been since the beginning so why change it now? Leave it how it is and if you are truly dedicated you will get to 135.

Krest I V

Jake, that's all sorts of wrong. It's so wrong that I'm actually going to take time out of my day (mining time, mind you!) to give an elaborate explanation for why it's so wrong.

First, both herblore and smithing are significantly more difficult than mining is.

With mining you can mine 28k gold ore and get to level 135. Smithing that 28k gold ore will grant you 159m experience which is slightly over 1/3rd of the way to 135. Alternatively, through math that Kane recently did, you can smelt 23k mithril bars and then make them into chestplates. But, the thing is, those mithril bars take one piece of mithril and four pieces of coal meaning that you need 115k ores in total. Mining the coal for that alone will grant over one billion mining experience. In other words, smithing is significantly harder than mining is.

What's even more detrimental to your point is the fact that herblore is even worse! Kane could very easily be the only person that ever gets 135 in herblore and he had to donate several hundred dollars to do it! If herblore had been released before I killed all of those shades for 2b in several combat skills then I might be at level 121 (one quarter to 135) by now, but even that's doubtful. I'm going to get 135 mining, but I will almost certainly not be getting 135 herblore even with the new boss having herblore drops.

Second, your point with the firemaking is just about invalid. Did RuneScape make the skill three times faster as Ethan is suggesting by bringing this down to 20 hours? No, of course they didn't because that's a ridiculous idea, which you are clearly supporting. What they did was make the typical exp per hour go from 281,015 to 312,650. That's 11.2% faster, which while it is a decently large amount, is nothing compared to 200% faster which is what's being suggested by Ethan. Furthermore, that 200% is if you go at an optimal rate, not the typical rate I used for your firemaking which means that it's probably closer to 250%. What you're suggesting (again, lets say it's only 200%) is going from 281,015 to 843,045 per hour. I'd say it's like comparing apples to oranges, but at least both of those are fruit. This is like comparing apples to a bucket with a hole in it, which coincidentally seems to be what's supporting your argument.

If you made it 10% faster I'd be fine with that, but that's not even remotely what is being suggested here.

wolf

28k gold ore will only get you to 99 smithing but it will get you to 135 mining.  Let that sink in.

Krest I V

28k Gold Ore will get you to level 124 and then a little bit further.

wolf

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 10:47:03 PM
28k Gold Ore will get you to level 124 and then a little bit further.
Level 99 takes 160m xp, unless you are saying it will get you to 124 mining then I am wrong there.

Krest I V

If we're going to mess around with the exp rates for mining then I guess we should just mess with the exp requirements for mining too.