News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Centralized mining area

Started by James, September 13, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mining Area?

Yes?
No?
Don't give two shits?

Jake

I'm all for new content but i'm not sure if it'd make mining any different, it's not about the amount of rocks its about how slow the skill is. I don't blame Nick for not wanting to change the xp on the skill, he's 1 of the 2 players that have had to do this legit.

wolf

Maybe make the spawn time for runite ores a little faster instead?? If not leave it how it is.

Quote from: Jake on September 14, 2014, 04:56:18 AM
it's not about the amount of rocks its about how slow the skill is. I don't blame Nick for not wanting to change the xp on the skill, he's 1 of the 2 players that have had to do this legit.
Totally agree with this, if there were not already legitimate 135's i would probably agree.

Jake

It'd be real beneficial for us. No one that actively plays is all that close to getting 135 but Nick would definitely have the feels.

wolf

Honestly don't know if nick would use it even if it was released before he gets 135, pretty sure hes attempting 135 on essence...

Kryptonite

Just leave everything how it is and mining can be one of those skills that only people who really want it can get 135

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V

Yeah, I'm going for 135 on essence alone, but I will be mining after that. Not sure if it'll be on gold or on rune/coal, but there are already spots to do those in the game that have good enough efficiency.

wolf

There is a really good coal spot...

James

It seems like this is a very controversial topic.

Voting wise, people are for it, comment wise people are not.

I think for now, we'll just leave mining how it is and revisit it later.

Kryptonite

Quote from: James on September 19, 2014, 12:06:34 PM

Ok

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: James on September 19, 2014, 12:06:34 PM

The only one against it is Nick. He just wants other people to struggle for 135 mining cause he's almost there. It's simply ridiculous.

Here are the facts. The FASTEST method to 135 mining currently is 7m xp/hr. That is INSANELY slow. Not just slightly slower. Immensely. Like I said, you'll get there after 60 hours of mining if you're lucky. No other skill is even close to that. The other skills take 20 hours of the fastest method at the most. It's a no-brainer, unless you want people to never get maxed mining, then you should be for it. It needs to be somewhat reformed.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Krest I V

Quote from: Recoil on September 19, 2014, 05:38:06 PM
The only one against it is Nick. He just wants other people to struggle for 135 mining cause he's almost there. It's simply ridiculous.

Oh and all the people who got 99 on RuneScape which is significantly harder to do than getting 135 on here.

If literally hundreds and hundreds of people can do a harder version of what I'm doing then I'm positive that it's possible on here. If I wanted I could easily you my lamps on mining right now and get 135 before the night is over, but I'd rather save it for a skill that is harder like herblore or smithing.

Jake

Nick, this is a private server. No one wants to come onto a private server and put 60 hours (with the fastest method, not including rock respawn time, banking etc) into a skill to max it out. I know if it were me in Nicks position I wouldn't want a faster method of Mining to be released, Or a new area in this case, but I can't help but agree with Recoil a bit here.

wolf

I only have 100 mining and i don't think this is a good economic idea.

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on September 20, 2014, 12:45:47 AM
Nick, this is a private server. No one wants to come onto a private server and put 60 hours (with the fastest method, not including rock respawn time, banking etc) into a skill to max it out. I know if it were me in Nicks position I wouldn't want a faster method of Mining to be released, Or a new area in this case, but I can't help but agree with Recoil a bit here.

Exactly. Some sort of challenge is necessary here, but there's a 250x xp rate from normal RS here for a reason. Nick, I think you fail to see just how much 60 hours of playing one game is. I have 50 hours clocked into Skyrim and for about 2 months it basically consumed my entire free time. And we're talking about maxing just 1 skill, not the other 20 as well. People shouldn't be wasting their time on such a small piece of content in the game.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

wolf

Only 50 hours on skyrim? I have like 180 hahhahaha fml