News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Centralized mining area

Started by James, September 13, 2014, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mining Area?

Yes?
No?
Don't give two shits?

James

Would you guys like a centralized mining area?

Basically it would be an area with 6-7 mining rocks of each ore, with a bank booth etc.

How do you all feel about this?

Yoho

There's plenty of mines out there already, the only positive thing about this would be that there is more rune ore to be mined. I don't mind if this update happens as it's not going to cause any harm if anything it'll help people get that impossible 135 smithing.

Binary

I think it definitely needs to happen. I measured xp rates for mining and compared to other skills it's near impossible to get to 135. I think the fastest method I got was something like 7m xp an hour, which is just awful.

I'd like to see a place as long as it had a decent amount of each ore.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

Krest I V

I'm planning on getting 135 mining sometime between today and October 15th regardless of this happening or not, but I wouldn't like it all that much. It feels like something that those crappy servers do where everything is just laid out for you. I like the thought of going and finding the coords for the rune ore and then teleporting back there once every ten minutes to mine. I wouldn't mind if you added two or three rune ores blocks out in the wildy with the other ones but I don't like the thought of everything being all thrown together.

Binary

Ok well at the very least the xp for each ore should be somewhat increased. Because right now the fastest method from lvl 1 - 135 would take 55 hours, which is just insane.
A.K.A. Recoil

Krest I V

No, don't alter the 250x experience rate. Just like in RS, this is one of the skills that takes kind of a while.

Binary

I didn't mean for all skills, just for mining.
A.K.A. Recoil

Krest I V

But why would you change it for just one of the skills? I'd much rather just have it be constant throughout and I'm really happy with 250x anyway.

Binary

Because it's ridiculously slower than any other skill? When most skills take 20 hours to get 135 and mining takes 55 hours it becomes not even worth skilling. Also keep in mind, that's 55 hours of doing the fastest method flawlessly, so it's probably more like 60-70 hours for training it normally. That is simply insane.
A.K.A. Recoil

James

Krest I V

But why would you shift away from the 250x multiplier? The skill was designed to be more difficult to get than the other ones so why make it easier unless your were going to make the others equally easier?

Kryptonite

55 hours isn't a horrendous time honestly. Makes mining a real good challenge. But yeah I'd love to see this happen. And whoever voted no literally has no intelligence.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 14, 2014, 01:08:02 AM
55 hours isn't a horrendous time honestly. Makes mining a real good challenge. But yeah I'd love to see this happen. And whoever voted no literally has no intelligence.

That was me and I'm superior to you in every way other than being whipped by a girl.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Krest I V on September 14, 2014, 01:22:41 AM
Quote from: Kryptonite on September 14, 2014, 01:08:02 AM

That was me and I'm superior to you in every way other than being whipped by a girl.
The entirety of your post is false aside from the part that quoted me.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

There are already enough mines IMO.