News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Siggy Shop V2.0

Started by wolf, September 11, 2014, 05:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Quote from: Predator on September 21, 2014, 01:11:26 AM
Quote from: wolf on September 14, 2014, 08:20:21 AM
IM CHARGING IN-GAME RARES FOR THE NEXT KWOFF REQUEST!

You can't charge anything, counts as IRL trading. Kevind warned me about it a while back. :(
This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I'm telling you from a common sense perspective to disregard Kevin's warning.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

Its not IRL trading if its 100% worldscape related. Plus it was mainly because kwoff banners are extremely hard to get looking good and I don't have time to do more.

Jake

A banner isn't Worldscape related tho.

#IRLTrading.

Krest I V

Quote from: Predator on September 21, 2014, 01:11:26 AM
IM CHARGING IN-GAME RARES FOR THE NEXT KWOFF REQUEST!

You can't charge anything, counts as IRL trading. Kevind warned me about it a while back. :(

Nothing about it is IRL. There is no money and no physical items being traded. Everything is contained within the game or the game's community.

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 03:33:24 AM
Nothing about it is IRL. There is no money and no physical items being traded. Everything is contained within the game or the game's community.
You're paying in-game items for a service which isn't really Worldscape related. Sure you can use it on Worldscape but you can also use it anywhere else as it is now YOUR banner.

Predator

I would suggest that you get an owner to confirm this before you proceed to sell any of your banners.
Just for safety reasons. You never know when Kevin strikes..
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Yoho

IM REQUESTING A DONATION OF IN-GAME RARES FOR THE NEXT KWOFF REQUEST!

Sorted.

wolf

Leigh gave me a salve amulet and I made him a banner for it, is that IRL trading?

Recoil

It's not IRL trading lol. The entire reason that rule is in place is so that rich people IRL can't dominate in-game, and your account is based on skill and dedication. These banners certainly are WS related..... how can you even argue otherwise? The rule is specifically talking about RS gold for IRL money/real life items. It should be completely acceptable since this is all "merchandise" on WS forums.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

wolf

Quote from: Recoil on September 21, 2014, 05:56:05 AM
It's not IRL trading lol. The entire reason that rule is in place is so that rich people IRL can't dominate in-game, and your account is based on skill and dedication. These banners certainly are WS related..... how can you even argue otherwise? The rule is specifically talking about RS gold for IRL money/real life items. It should be completely acceptable since this is all "merchandise" on WS forums.
Thank you, for putting it into perspective.

Jake

Quote from: Recoil on September 21, 2014, 05:56:05 AM
It was put in place in the first place for that yes but that's for Runescape. I'm not arguing that the Kwoff banners are for anything other than Worldscape but if Wolf were to start charging in-game items for banners that were labeled with an alias or name you use for multiple games then how is that not trading in-game items for an outer worldscape service? I'm not saying he shouldn't do it and I'm not going to come down on Wolf if he does it as it is borderline stupid, I'm just saying that I can see where Kevin was coming from when he said it was against the rules.

Technically the banner is yours IRL, even though it is a digital image, as it belongs to you. You could use it anywhere and you're paying in-game items for it.

*Side note: I don't think any of our accounts on here take skill :P*

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on September 21, 2014, 10:28:38 AM
then how is that not trading in-game items for an outer worldscape service?

This is my point. It isn't IRL trading, it's trading for a related service to the community. So, borderline acceptable.

Also I would argue that this game takes skill and dedication. A lot of us just came into the picture with that skill already. If my mom sat down and tried to play WS she'd have a shitty time doing so because she didn't play old school RS back in the day for 4 years religiously. All the knowledge about RS/WS is just pounded deep in your brain. :P
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Krest I V

If Kevin tries to justify not allowing for Wolf to charge for a specific banner then I would love to see his view on donations here. The shards are in game and you buy them with real money. If that's not IRL trading, with the owner of the game no less, then I don't know what is.

wolf

This is not IRL trading in any form.

Recoil

Quote from: Krest I V on September 21, 2014, 07:16:40 PM
If Kevin tries to justify not allowing for Wolf to charge for a specific banner then I would love to see his view on donations here. The shards are in game and you buy them with real money. If that's not IRL trading, with the owner of the game no less, then I don't know what is.

Yeah that too, it would kinda scream hypocrisy to punish him for it.
Dem digits