Working on what could be the Biggest Update Worldscape has seen in a long time!

Started by James, September 10, 2014, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hey guys! Tonight, I'm still working on what I'm calling the first step in Worldscape's revival.

Last week, I did some slayer editing, and made the addition of the new slayer tower. This week, I'm going to be adding some more NPC's to the Tower, opening the second floor, and doing a complete overhaul of tasks that are available. I will also be up'ing the spawn times of the NPC's spawned there to 8 seconds per respawn, as oppose to the 60 seconds that they are on now.

The new second floor will have NPC's that are only accessible after a certain slayer level. One of which, being:

Also, one thing that has always irritated me with Slayer is the fact that Vannaka not only gives out tasks, but is also spawned separately to give out skill capes.  Well, it's about time for him to be replaced. Introducing, the new Slayer Master:

Work also continues on the new Boss, getting her finely tuned and ready to go. Unfortunately, I'm not going to troll you guys and give you any hints about the identity of the new boss. (Or am I?)

This update should be completed by Sunday at the latest. My goal over the next 1.5-2 months is to have weekly updates. Myself and the other owners have also discussed getting a moparscape sponsorship for Worldscape, once we feel that it has reached the level we want it to be at. Ryan has also launched the first version of the public plugin API.

Binary

Yay! :D Glad we'll be having frequent updates.

How is the API going to work?
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

James

Quote from: Binary on September 10, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
Yay! :D Glad we'll be having frequent updates.

How is the API going to work?

Basically, from what I gather, you input Java code, and it will export a file. That file (whatever the extension ends up being,) can be directly plugged in to the server. I haven't really had time to fool around with it.

Krest I V

Can you reset my slayer task? I was assigned shades a long time ago and never finished. When I talk to vannaka he tells me I have to kill shades but doesnt mention how many. Killing shades doesnt reward any experience.

I Steal Cash

Quote from: Krest I V on September 10, 2014, 11:18:07 PM
Can you reset my slayer task? I was assigned shades a long time ago and never finished. When I talk to vannaka he tells me I have to kill shades but doesnt mention how many. Killing shades doesnt reward any experience.

this is the exact same problem for me as well!
Thank you Wolf!

wolf

Krest I V

Yeah, I bet that Cash and I not being able to level is exciting for you guys.

wolf

yeah reset their slayer task...

Spoil 1 of its good drops for us...

Jake

Quote from: Krest I V on September 10, 2014, 11:18:07 PM
I have the same issue boys but from what I understand I think this is getting fixed in the next update that James i releasing  :D

Predator

can you place make it so you can reset your task once pr hour through vannaka or something?
Would be alot easier if oldschool players came on with the same issue.
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Or you could pay like 300k for a new slayer task. That way people can't do what JT did and just ask for new tasks until he had shades :P

James

Quote from: Jake on September 11, 2014, 08:02:42 PM
Or you could pay like 300k for a new slayer task. That way people can't do what JT did and just ask for new tasks until he had shades :P

I'm going to look at a way to make it only accessible every 30 minutes.

Jake