News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

LOUD

Started by Kryptonite, August 07, 2014, 02:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Binary on August 18, 2014, 02:45:34 AM
Yeah same here you may think pot is "boring" but it's way better than anything addictive.
Ecstasy isn't addictive, nor is Tabs and Gas. I don't just sit in my room and trip, I'll only do it on occasions like a Music Festival/Big party or when we go away camping and shit.

Weed is the only drug you'd do day in day out whilst doing nothing. So in Theory you'd probably waste more cash on Bud than the others.

Krest I V

Quote from: Jake on August 18, 2014, 09:48:17 PM
Weed is the only drug you'd do day in day out whilst doing nothing.

Okay so couldn't one make an argument that weed is actually addictive if people are doing it day in and day out? I know a ridiculous amount of people that do it every day and it's pretty clear that at this point they couldn't function if they don't get any pot in a certain amount of time.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Krest I V on August 18, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

Okay so couldn't one make an argument that weed is actually addictive if people are doing it day in and day out? I know a ridiculous amount of people that do it every day and it's pretty clear that at this point they couldn't function if they don't get any pot in a certain amount of time.
Man I feel you, but honestly I think the people COULD stop if they wanted to or had a reason to with no troubles. The thing with technically addictive substances, such as cigarettes, alcohol, or cocaine, is that if the user wants or needs to stop, they will have a lot of difficulty doing so and will find themselves going through withdrawals and feeling like they "need" the drug.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Binary

Quote from: Krest I V on August 18, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

I think people certainly can abuse it. But I've had times where I've smoked pot everyday for like a month, then gone off it for a month and literally have felt nothing bad at all. There's never any withdrawal symptoms for any weed users, and I've found that I'm completely fine while I can't use it (on vacation for a week or two without it, etc.) ... You can't name me one heroin addict who can go off the drug for a week and not experience any withdrawal symptoms. You simply can't call it addictive without putting a ton of qualifiers next to it.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

Jake

With Weed it's more or less getting addicted to the feeling of being high rather than wanting the drug. Like if someone said here put these eye drops in and you'll feel high as f*ck you'd do it, It's not necessarily the drug.

But when my friends and I did it nearly every day, I found it hard to get to sleep without having a cone or two. Like I depended on it for sleep, even now I find it easy as shit to sleep when high. Which is scary for me because It could get me really reliant on it.

So I try my best to stay away from it.