News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Indie Game Development

Started by Binary, April 20, 2014, 01:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binary

Is anyone interested in helping out with development for an indie game? There's a ton of stuff to do, pixel art, level design, story-writing, etc. It's a ton of fun, I know how to do everything necessary, but I'm just tired of being anti-social all the time so I thought I'd reach out on a few forums I'm active on to see if anyone's interested even though I'm doubtful.

Oh, and it is in no way related to RuneScape so don't give me crap about "advertising" cause I never even gave a link/name anyway.
A.K.A. Recoil

Check out my account progress for Jake's iron-man challenge!

D

I mean I will once I'm not way too busy.

James

D E A T H

Sure give me a link. I love writing so I should be good at that.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

James

Binary

Quote from: D E A T H on April 28, 2014, 04:46:59 PM
Sure give me a link. I love writing so I should be good at that.

Well there's no real "link". I have a domain bought and web hosting but I haven't really worked on the site yet. I mean a site exists, it just doesn't have anything on it. And Network Solutions is currently hosting it which is a big problem for me because they're the worst f*cking company ever and all they do is shill customers for more money. So yeah, the central point is that there is no real link I can give people.

Currently I just have the program that I've written in Eclipse. I wrote my own engine for pixel rendering and everything; no Unity engines, no one else's help, nothing. It's essentially a 2D MMORPG that doesn't have shit for art because I can't draw, I'm broke, and no graphical artists want to work for free.

What I have currently is a great start though. I even have the beginning of a tutorial added, kind of like in RuneScape where flashing arrows appear on the screen to help you out. ;D There is NPC support, the player can move around and shoot projectiles, and engage in dialogues. That and the tutorial is about all I have so far. It's a great start but I still have a lot of shit to do like start working on multiplayer (which I haven't even started on :( - all I have is a login function before the game starts). I'm honestly considering making it a singleplayer only game because it's not too late, would be infinitely less expensive, and much much easier. I still have yet to decide though.

The reason I've asked for help is because there are a lot of things ahead that I just don't really know how to do. The graphical implementation is super simple, literally all it takes is opening up Paint.NET and maybe drawing up an NPC that I can use. shit like that that I need help with, where I already have a system for it implemented but I'd rather rely on more talented people doing that kind of stuff. Same goes for the dialogue system, I just often blank out the best dialogues to put in.

Anyways I'm posting because I'd really like to get help just across the board. I'm about 2 months into it, and it's a 6 - 8 month project, if I'm up for adding multiplayer. I'd love to have people just for basic decision making as well - as in, have a second opinion for how the game should be. I said MMORPG originally but at this stage in development that's still subject to change.

And yeah James, I figured you'd add something like that haha.
A.K.A. Recoil

D E A T H

Add me on Skype and i can help you I have been bored since summer started. Not sure if you'll ever see this since I forgot I posted here about this..... :(

Skype name: gamec0verage

Kryptonite

u advertised this and when ppl say ya lemme help u just say "lel am not gon repond 2 you're rekqwest am jus postn 3 show off mi mad sk2llz"

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

James

No idea why this topic was recycled, as it breaks no rules whatsoever.

Binary, if you want this topic deleted/locked, let me know.

D E A T H

He does here is what he sent me on RR

Realized it was 2 different people not unless this is recoil from RR never mind.

Binary

Quote from: D E A T H on July 14, 2014, 08:45:23 PM
He does here is what he sent me on RR

Realized it was 2 different people not unless this is recoil from RR never mind.

Lol yes I am the same person. What I sent to you on RR was just a joke lol. And James you can leave the topic up, kind of leaving my project on hold indefinitely but I'd still like to see other indie dev's projects and stuff. I've already seen some of Kane's stuff. ;D
A.K.A. Recoil

D E A T H

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Binary

Oh shit, I may start working on this project again.
A.K.A. Recoil

Krest I V

I can't believe how long ago this was posted. I feel like it was just a few weeks ago, but it's been several months. I'm actually feeling that way about a lot of the posts on here now that we've been playing again.