News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Winter break and no ws?

Started by nate, December 12, 2013, 09:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

so I guess this will be the first Winter break since 2009 that did not have any ws in it. PL0X TO HAZ WS B4 XMAS & XMAS EVENT

This is / isn't a serious post

Kryptonite

Agreed but I doubt it'll happen. I don't think they really care about anything but rr anymore :\

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

nate

Quote from: Kryptonite on December 12, 2013, 10:33:44 PM
Agreed but I doubt it'll happen. I don't think they really care about anything but rr anymore :\

i think there are actually less rr players than ws players usually :p

Kryptonite

Quote from: nate on December 12, 2013, 11:03:39 PM
Quote from: Kryptonite on December 12, 2013, 10:33:44 PM

i think there are actually less rr players than ws players usually :p

Not even kind of :\

weed

nate

i messaged both kevin and ryan on skype about it while they were both online. No response....

Kryptonite

Quote from: nate on December 12, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
i messaged both kevin and ryan on skype about it while they were both online. No response....
Cuz they don't care cuz there's like 5 people who still play this vs like 20+ on rr. Idk if anyone but Ryan even cares about ws anymore.

Edit: It appears I was wrong and there is still hope!

weed

gomes97

Sad but true 
Everybody tried his best for WS but nothing worked and now they gave up,
and start an new server

-THE END-

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

James

All three of us still care about Worldscape. For all three of us, it was our first experience with AllGoFree. It was Ryan's first server he ever created, it was Kevin's first experience with Ryan, and it was my first RSPS ever played almost 8 years ago.

That being said, yes, Worldscape has been placed on the back burner for multiple reasons:

1. Time and Energy. None of us have any enthusiasm to do any sort of programming on Worldscape. We're working very hard to release our 2.0 version of RuneRebels and that takes up 99% of our free time.

2. We're not quite sure what direction to go with it. When we added in the new bosses, there were such mixed reviews on them. This server is very hard to update with content, as we have very dedicated old school players who sometimes don't like change.

3. The economy is jacked. We're not sure weather to do an economy reset, another world, remove multiples of items, or what. It's just so jacked up.

I'm not saying we're not going to come back to WorldScape, but it won't be anytime soon unfortunately with RR2.0 being worked on.  I have done a complete staff reset, and would love for WorldScape to have a clean slate.

gomes97

honestly, i totally understand why they work hard for rr because people like it and play it alot
the only people who cares about Ws are like 20 years old and are very busy with real life,
new people leave to fast to build up worldscape i have no idea why because worldscape is the most unique rs server

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

nate

Ws is a very hard game to get into as a new player because of the economy and bartering system.

Jake

You guys may as well reset everyone, I mean it'd give people something to do. Plus I'm sure everyone would rather play and do something then stand there alone looking at their account.

Krest I V

Quote from: Jake on December 13, 2013, 05:08:40 PM
You guys may as well reset everyone, I mean it'd give people something to do. Plus I'm sure everyone would rather play and do something then stand there alone looking at their account.

At this point I support this. As someone who has put in countless hours of my time playing this server trying to be number one on the highscores (so close, yet so far!) I agree with Jake in saying that it's time to reset everyone. Putting it into perspective, five years of my time is going to get wiped away when Ryan does it and I think that I'm alright with that.

Now this would mean a complete wipe of the game, right? All of our skills, our banks, everything? If I want a reset then I want everything to be reset. I want to still play the game I grew up playing for the past half of a decade including all the updates that have stuck around like the bosses you mentioned earlier.

Zack1

I'd be happy with a reset as long as there were ways to get rare items again, but as James said they're not fixing it for ages anyway :|

nate

id also say change the donors bunk items so that there is actually a point to doing barrows. make them stuff that you can only get through donating. Also, i would prefer no implementing of rares into the game. if so, it should be a drop from a monster 1/1000 or something.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Jake on December 13, 2013, 05:08:40 PM

No plz I donated $120 for herbs and would be mad if that just went away.

weed