News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

NO MORE D PARTIES ON CHURCH DAYS PLEASE

Started by drakedriller, August 28, 2013, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarred

Quote from: Jake on August 29, 2013, 02:47:26 AM
This topic sounds so ungrateful. You do realize that some people, meaning me, couldn't make it to either and I heavily supported the voting drive. Do I make a topic to Rant as well?
Bingo.  ;)
Guys, at least you've been to a drop party (Tuesdays) in which you've had the opportunity to get 'FREE' items.

James

This topic sounds so ungrateful. You do realize that some people, meaning me, couldn't make it to either and I heavily supported the voting drive. Do I make a topic to Rant as well?

Shush, I'm having Mia host one for Australians due to the huge time zone difference :).

And I'm not saying were seperating religion from the game. I am saying we're not going to include it in decision making, whether it be dialogue in game, or hosting events on sabbath days.

To be honest (and its not well known!) my family is seventh day Adventists. If I were to follow that religion, you would not see me here on any Saturday period. But, I know if I went by that and that alone I'd interfere with a lot of players as Saturdays generally tend to be the busiest days.

If we went by majority, the last survey we did a while back, atheism is dominant here so it wouldn't matter anyway, as atheists have no holy days.

nate

Quote from: James on August 29, 2013, 09:12:37 AM

Shush, I'm having Mia host one for Australians due to the huge time zone difference :).

And I'm not saying were seperating religion from the game. I am saying we're not going to include it in decision making, whether it be dialogue in game, or hosting events on sabbath days.

To be honest (and its not well known!) my family is seventh day Adventists. If I were to follow that religion, you would not see me here on any Saturday period. But, I know if I went by that and that alone I'd interfere with a lot of players as Saturdays generally tend to be the busiest days.

If we went by majority, the last survey we did a while back, atheism is dominant here so it wouldn't matter anyway, as atheists have no holy days.

I just think it should be considered. Or at least posting the event earlier than 10 hrs before so that people (in the drop time zone) would have the ability to express their situations so that everything could be worked around.

This is / isn't a serious post

James

Quote from: nate on August 29, 2013, 11:41:15 AM
Quote from: James on August 29, 2013, 09:12:37 AM

I just think it should be considered. Or at least posting the event earlier than 10 hrs before so that people (in the drop time zone) would have the ability to express their situations so that everything could be worked around.

Again, if we were to work around everyone's schedule we would never be able to host one :-p

Krest I V

I don't think he's saying that you work around his schedule, but that you give him the time further in advance so he can work the event into his schedule. 10 hours in advance is not very much to go on, most people don't come onto the forums for a good day or so before checking up on things and by that time the event could have already happened and they'd have had no chance at it. I think like saying it'll be Sunday at 12:00 PM EST is fine, but telling us at 6:00 AM EST on Sunday isn't good.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Krest I V on August 29, 2013, 04:22:41 PM
I don't think he's saying that you work around his schedule, but that you give him the time further in advance so he can work the event into his schedule. 10 hours in advance is not very much to go on, most people don't come onto the forums for a good day or so before checking up on things and by that time the event could have already happened and they'd have had no chance at it. I think like saying it'll be Sunday at 12:00 PM EST is fine, but telling us at 6:00 AM EST on Sunday isn't good.

Nick the topic is clearly labeled "NO MORE D PARTIES ON CHURCH DAYS PLEASE", that couldn't be any more clearly asking for them to work around their schedules.

Honestly, anyone who wants to attend drop parties held on church days, there's an easy solution for you: skip church. If your parents are forcing you to go, claim to be an atheist, then tell them you changed your mind when they get home.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Quote from: Kryptonite on August 29, 2013, 05:54:32 PM
Nick the topic is clearly labeled "NO MORE D PARTIES ON CHURCH DAYS PLEASE", that couldn't be any more clearly asking for them to work around their schedules.
He was talking about the post that James was replying to.

I do agree that it could have been announced earlier, that'd be convenient. Like the way Mia has done it.

nate

Honestly, anyone who wants to attend drop parties held on church days, there's an easy solution for you: skip church. If your parents are forcing you to go, claim to be an atheist, then tell them you changed your mind when they get home.

Some people (like me and drake) hold religion over a video game that means nothing for our lives.

Kryptonite

Quote from: nate on August 29, 2013, 08:17:09 PM

Some people (like me and drake) hold religion over a video game that means nothing for our lives.

Then why's this matter to you?

weed

dieknowsawr

Lol, so you're at church from 8-12? Comeee on man. People gotta do things too. Thats the way she goes.

James

Quote from: Kryptonite on August 29, 2013, 10:09:11 PM
Quote from: nate on August 29, 2013, 08:17:09 PM

Then why's this matter to you?

And I hold a video game over something that has never done anything for me either.

This is where religion gets to us, is the constant petty arguments.

We've decided as a staff, following the Australian drop party on the 31st, we are discontinuing drop parties and disabling all forms of trading/dropping for admins+.

Sora

So now Owners can't even trade?  :o
Dang it  >:(

James

Quote from: Sora on August 30, 2013, 12:05:07 AM

Unfortunately, this is the only solution.

Kryptonite

Quote from: James on August 30, 2013, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: Sora on August 30, 2013, 12:05:07 AM

Unfortunately, this is the only solution.

Does this include any further drop parties for getting more votes as well?

weed

nate

Quote from: James on August 29, 2013, 11:58:11 PM
And I hold a video game over something that has never done anything for me either.

This is where religion gets to us, is the constant petty arguments.

We've decided as a staff, following the Australian drop party on the 31st, we are discontinuing drop parties and disabling all forms of trading/dropping for admins+.

I have already given up on arguing. I would rather have it not on during my church time, but I don't want you to take it away just because of this argument. Then everything just looks like me and drake are the reason we are not having this. You should still continue to do drop parties with owners and staff. It is more incentive to vote!

I would rather have drop parties than no drop parties, I would just request they not be during my church services.