News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

NO MORE D PARTIES ON CHURCH DAYS PLEASE

Started by drakedriller, August 28, 2013, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakedriller

Okay please do not do any more events on sunday or wednesday.... such bull crap the stuff that was dropped on tuesaday was absolutely nothing compared to the other rares you dropped today. Some people have to go to church... So please just please no more events on sunday or wednesday because I'm seeing full white and berets were dropped and from the D party and on tuesday the best thing I saw was a sigil...

Krest I V

The staff have to do it on days that are not only convenient for them, but convenient for the players too. These dates seemed to be pretty good in their minds so they chose them. However, I do think they should have given a bigger heads up on it other than ten hours in advance for both.

drakedriller

Some people have religions and this is a religious day so actually it was not convenient to all the players... and why was the other drop party so crumby.... I swear I have never had good luck in this game.

Krest I V

I've never heard someone describe free items as crummy.

Kryptonite

You can't expect the staff to adjust their events to whatever time suits you. If you have to miss it, that's just too bad.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

James

We've always totally excluded religion in our decisions.

Once we start allowing decisions based on one religion, we have to start doing it based on them all.

The dates were chosen because they were meant to be "Fast-Paced," and sporadic. Everyone is welcome to the big feature of this event, which is the double rewards from zombies and camp that is going to be going on this weekend.

drakedriller

Sorry I would just think that big religions would be included. close this topic I guess my rant is over I'm just mad cuz I would really have liked to participate in it.

nate

I feel like religion should not be excluded seeing as it isn't excluded from the majority of work days and school. Those being some of the biggest things in our lives.

This is / isn't a serious post

James

Quote from: drakedriller on August 29, 2013, 12:21:34 AM
Sorry I would just think that big religions would be included. close this topic I guess my rant is over I'm just mad cuz I would really have liked to participate in it.

Big religions or not, they have no place on allgofree. This is not based on our religions either. All three of us owners have different religions, but we realize that talking about it or including it in decisions is bad business.

Krest I V

In America our schools don't give off religious days, it's not allowed. They give you Winter Break, but not Christmas Break. They give you Spring Break, but not Easter Break. If those holidays just so happen to fall on one of the days off you get then that's nice, but that isn't what they're (supposed to be) doing. Separation of church and state. It's the same reason they aren't allowed to talk about God in school.

And yes, private schools are different in that aspect.

nate

Quote from: Krest I V on August 29, 2013, 12:28:13 AM
In America our schools don't give off religious days, it's not allowed. They give you Winter Break, but not Christmas Break. They give you Spring Break, but not Easter Break. If those holidays just so happen to fall on one of the days off you get then that's nice, but that isn't what they're (supposed to be) doing. Separation of church and state. It's the same reason they aren't allowed to talk about God in school.

And yes, private schools are different in that aspect.

Sundays, most school activities try to maneuver around church activities. Im not talking the occasional church holidays, im talking once every week. The argument about "its just the weekend" is illegitimate because Saturday is also a religious day for a handful of people. It wasn't made as the "break from school" as it is made out to be today, it originated from religion, same as everything else in this country.

In America, we are "one nation under God". Try to separate church in state without taking that out of the pledge of allegiance. Some people have argued to remove it, but it will never happen. Separation of church and state will never fully be followed out with.

Krest I V

No, it won't be, but that doesn't mean everything can be explained by religion nowadays. We have Saturdays and Sundays off yes, but rules against school events on Sunday (the dominant religious day of the week) are becoming more and more lenient every year while religious influences are weakening every year. A girl at my school was doing the announcements and ended with "Hail Satan" because she was forced to say "under God" during the pledge even though she's Agnostic. The court ruled in her favor that she shouldn't have to say "under God." You think she would have gotten that 50 years ago? Not a chance. Our country is becoming less focused on religion.

nate

Quote from: Krest I V on August 29, 2013, 12:43:19 AM
No, it won't be, but that doesn't mean everything can be explained by religion nowadays. We have Saturdays and Sundays off yes, but rules against school events on Sunday (the dominant religious day of the week) are becoming more and more lenient every year while religious influences are weakening every year. A girl at my school was doing the announcements and ended with "Hail Satan" because she was forced to say "under God" during the pledge even though she's Agnostic. The court ruled in her favor that she shouldn't have to say "under God." You think she would have gotten that 50 years ago? Not a chance. Our country is becoming less focused on religion.

so than does that mean everyone has to conform to what every one else is doing?

Romans 12:2
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

So just because the world changes does that mean we have to? As a religious person, I wouldn't hesitate to fight for my religion, and I would think the same for every other religion. Yes, this girl has the freedom of speech, but does that mean we have to accept it? Does that mean we have to be okay with her actions? We have the freedom of opinion and the freedom to disagree. So if someone says "Hail satan", that does not mean I now am following her actions. Just because some people are not religious doesn't mean I have to be okay with that. Yes there are discrimination laws, but I know for a fact that there is no law against the shifting of a video-game's event based off of religion.

Krest I V

Nope, there are no laws against shifting a video game's events based off of religion, but there aren't any requiring them to be shifted because of religion either.

Jake

This topic sounds so ungrateful. You do realize that some people, meaning me, couldn't make it to either and I heavily supported the voting drive. Do I make a topic to Rant as well?