News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Moderators

Started by aussie king, August 27, 2013, 02:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie king

Yesterday I reported Angel for misuse of her moderator powers. No action was done, not even a reply as to why no action was done all that occured was my post was deleted. Also a message from Jake saying
Quote from: Jake on August 26, 2013, 07:50:45 AM
Why do you even persist to be around here? Do you have any friends that genuinely like you here... or...?

Now i'm not complaining about his message however he is a moderator and should be moderating the report abuse forum. He has seen my post and after i requested he take action he replied
Quote from: Jake on August 26, 2013, 05:29:56 AM
I don't feel the need to do that. I'll let someone else deal with that.

what help is this? Not even justification as to why not to help me.

The only Moderator who gave me some sort of assistance was gnomes who told me I should give a time of the incident, which after being told i did.

Now the job of a moderator is to mediate - to intervene between a disagreement and find a resolution.
Which moderator supplied me with a resolution for my dispute? Which mod even attempted to intervene? well Jake did although he only intervened in to what i assume is to remove the post.

Will this post be taken down by moderators who refuse to help and have now been caught out in abuse of the powers? Only time will tell or at least until Jake logs on and deems it as spam or flame.

Discussion is encouraged, thank you for your time.
stand up for something, or live for nothing.

nate

listen, Jake told you that in response to your trolling jerk actions in the game. Having said that, Jake should not have said that because that is not what mods act like. Encouraging another player to leave the game is bad enough, but it just reflects badly on the ryan when one of his handpicked staff members encourages the removal of a player. I have been in the same boat as you have. I used to be the troll that trolled everyone and people few people liked me. I have been told to leave the game by staff before in the past too, and I almost did because of the lack of professionalism of the staff. Ryan did not intend to have this server to be moderated by undeserving players, and thats why we have (obviously not because they delete our posts about abuse of power) the ability to give negative feedback. I have posted multiple abuse of powers posts in the past and all have been locked or deleted very quickly with no justification. Angel (mia) has been known to ip kick people just because people dont always listen to every thing she says even if it doesnt fall under the category of rules. I agree with everything that you are saying here, but they dont abuse their powers if you are not a douche/troll.

My advice to you is to stop trying to fix this, all it brings is more injustice to yourself and it will never be dealt with. This post will be locked/deleted shortly.

This is / isn't a serious post

James

I looked into your post yesterday.

There was NO abuse of power done at all. You insisted upon using minor bugs in-game, and Angel acted upon it like she is taught to do.

Your consistent failure to acknowledge her instructions, as well as the bugs you were abusing in-game, were the only rules broken. Period.

aussie king

They have abused their powers even while i was behaving close to a gentlemen.
For example i was training and everyone had a monster but Jake had two so I decided i'd take one and i did but then he kicked me, because i took one of his two NPC's.
Now the kick was like one second but still annoying as i attacked it again and he repeated his actions.

But I do agree with you, also respected you.

James you are wrong, that one i have admitted to. But this time i was simply talking to the NPC so i could be teleported and she told me to stay away from him however i continued to talk to it and i was ip-kicked.

She withdrawed my right to simply talk to an NPC and assumes that me being near it means im going to abuse a bug that i have only abused once, accidently and have already been punished for.

James

Quote from: aussie king on August 27, 2013, 02:32:41 AM
They have abused their powers even while i was behaving close to a gentlemen.
For example i was training and everyone had a monster but Jake had two so I decided i'd take one and i did but then he kicked me, because i took one of his two NPC's.
Now the kick was like one second but still annoying as i attacked it again and he repeated his actions.

But I do agree with you, also respected you.

James you are wrong, that one i have admitted to. But this time i was simply talking to the NPC so i could be teleported and she told me to stay away from him however i continued to talk to it and i was ip-kicked.

Looked into Jake kicking you, and from staff logs, I can say that Jake has not kicked you a single time. The only person who has kicked you is Angel.

As for you saying that you were simply "talking to the npc." This is also false, as your log shows you blatently barraging the Being.

aussie king

Yeah after i accidently did it I thought i'd kill it for XP haha
but Jake has kicked me i know that for a fact although it occured a few days ago
im not sure if what he did is called a kick but it is when they disconnect you for a second and you have to log back in.

Also im not sure if you are looking at the correct incident, im not trying to prove my innocence about the day i did abuse the bug. I'm talking about a day that I did not abuse the bug whatsoever they may of occured on the same day im not quite sure memory isn't to great but you and I are on the wrong page, you are viewing an incident about me this is an incident about Angel.

aussie king

Personally I do not want Angel to be punished I would however, like you to reiterate what it means to be a moderator, what their duty is. What they should and shouldn't do.

James

Quote from: aussie king on August 27, 2013, 02:42:22 AM
Yeah after i accidently did it I thought i'd kill it for XP haha
but Jake has kicked me i know that for a fact although it occured a few days ago
im not sure if what he did is called a kick but it is when they disconnect you for a second and you have to log back in.

Also im not sure if you are looking at the correct incident, im not trying to prove my innocence about the day i did abuse the bug. I'm talking about a day that I did not abuse the bug whatsoever they may of occured on the same day im not quite sure memory isn't to great but you and I are on the wrong page, you are viewing an incident about me this is an incident about Angel.

We're not on the wrong page about anything. The only time you were kicked besides when Angel kicked you, is when the server automatically kicks you when you were muted.

I see a lot of barrages on your account, with very little actually talking to the Being. So, Angel was proper in kicking you, as you are a known bug abuser. Just as if you were a known kleptomaniac, they wouldn't let you in Costco.

Honestly, I'm surprised there haven't been more requests to ban you. The innocent till proven guilty act only works if you weren't repeatedly guilty.

aussie king

Ohhh okay fair enough

Did you look at my log when she last kicked me?

Do you agree that the moderators are somewhat insufficient?

Just because my nipples were once hard, doesn't mean they are always hard.

James

Quote from: aussie king on August 27, 2013, 02:50:39 AM
Ohhh okay fair enough

Did you look at my log when she last kicked me?

Do you agree that the moderators are somewhat insufficient?

Just because my nipples were once hard, doesn't mean they are always hard.

The average length of time our moderators have played is a little over three and a half years. Average time being a player moderator is a little over a year and a half. Not that time means anything, but to me, they have proven themselves worthy. Most of them are very well-known in the community, and are very well liked and received.

I watch and follow everything that my player mods do. If they mess up, I let them know, and so far, I've only had to let them know a few times, and none of them had to do with abusing power.

From looking into the logs, and the fact you keep back-tracking everything you say did or didn't happen, I have deemed it that you are just upset that the player moderators punished you for something you did, in-fact, do.

aussie king

That is good practice but I honestly don't think you understand what actually happened

Old incident
I did it and I was punished

The incident im talking about
I talk to the NPC
Angel says "Oi stay away from him"
I talk to NPC again
Ip kicked
Justification? Because i did it before and that I would do it again and therefore i cannot talk to NPC

James

Quote from: aussie king on August 27, 2013, 02:59:50 AM
That is good practice but I honestly don't think you understand what actually happened

Old incident
I did it and I was punished

The incident im talking about
I talk to the NPC
Angel says "Oi stay away from him"
I talk to NPC again
Ip kicked
Justification? Because i did it before and that I would do it again and therefore i cannot talk to NPC

It is justified because you did it MULTIPLE TIMES. again, it goes back to my analogy before. If you're a regular kleptomaniac and consistently steal from a place, they're not going to let you in. Even if you swear up and down you're just there to shop, they're still not going to let you in.

aussie king

But wouldn't it make more sense to just watch to see if I actually attacked the NPC?

Im a regular nipple rubber, I have been punished for it once. Just because I was rubbing my chest it doesn't mean im going to rub my nipples again

Jake

Just to add my side to all of this.

First of all: The contents of a Private Message are to be kept private, that's for future reference. Although that's somewhat a rule I am not ashamed of what I had said. You have caused nothing but trouble around here and no matter how many time you've been spoken to you still persist to go around breaking rules and create trouble. I never said for him to quit, although he has had enough things happen around here for him want to quit, I was curious as to why he hasn't quit already.

Second point: It's not my job to respond to those types of reports as I have no power to change or do anything about it. Even if I could my actions would have been the same. I agree with the punishment you have received and as far as I'm concerned you deserve it and I stand by this.

Third point: What I said isn't bad, You're thinking it's bad because you're trying to make a valid argument which isn't really planning out to go your way. Except for Nate taking your side as him and I haven't really gotten along either, Never the less I don't regret my words. Perhaps I shouldn't have been as harsh as I was but It's not as if it wasn't warranted, it was coming to him. He doesn't listen nor learn and the only way he could possibly understand is to put it bluntly, which has seem to gotten to him in some way.

In conclusion I hope the right thing is done and if you do happen to get another chance, Aussie, I strongly suggest you change your ways for the better. I hold nothing against you from this, you're trying to create an argument to try and make me look bad but I'm above that to care or let it get to me in the slightest.

God bless.

EDIT: In no way does this job require me to be terribly nice to people who treat other people like this:
Quote from: aussie king on August 26, 2013, 05:36:55 AM
ohhh you butt hole I am going to chew your ear off when i can be bothered to reset my modem
Not to mention that it's against the rules even more highly to avoid a ban. So before trying to point out someone who's on the staff team's flaws I think you should sort yourself out. From now on probably just worry about yourself and the mess you've gotten yourself into.

Kryptonite

What the f*ck is with you and nipples?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.