News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

MONEY IS WORTH SOMETHING NOW!!!!$$$$$$$

Started by nate, August 01, 2013, 10:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like this?

yes
3 (42.9%)
no
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Krest I V

Just because it doesn't harm anything doesn't mean it benefits us either. In other words, there's a very real possibility that it could not change the gameplay at all because of how little it would alter our messed up economy. You can't change an economy from being run on rares to being run on GP.

Jake

Quote from: nate on August 03, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
it harms nothing, and it would at least give an optional trade route. And as for the time consumed making this? little to none. its removing an item from the game, and adding a shop, and making shops not able to buy stuff. idk if you have ever coded before, but its not a big deal. plus, i dont know why either of you are making a big deal of it. jake afks when hes on and I have never ever seen krest online. I might be mistaken if you have a different account though.
I didn't say that it would take a long time to do this idea, not as if it is going to get done, but for the time it does take they could use it on making something that benefits the game. I have coded before, not as if it it's relevant to the post. As for the "Jake afks when hes on", I don't come on the game unless I'm playing it. IF I so happen to need to do something whilst I'm logged in, heaven forbid, I'll log out until I'm finished doing it then I'll log back in.

Not once have I seen you online so your assumptions are useless and miss-placed.

nate

im on all the time.... unless you have a different time zone than me.

This is / isn't a serious post

Krest I V

As if it were relevant, I see both of you on all the time and talk with both of you regularly.

nate

reguardless, with the addition to the of the skills shop, it would encourage others to gain money who want to skill. Idk what yall are talking about, but there is no economy. Atleast this will add some kind of stability

Jake

There is an economy, it's just not good. In fact highly poor.

I can't see how this could add any stability what so ever, this does nothing.

nate

it actually makes money something that isnt duped. i dont understand why you cant accept it. why is anything worth anything in this game? because people believe it. All we need to do is do a cash reset and follow all my steps and then tell people that money is a currency. simple economics.

Jake

Quote from: nate on August 03, 2013, 02:19:26 AM
it actually makes money something that isnt duped. i dont understand why you cant accept it. why is anything worth anything in this game? because people believe it. All we need to do is do a cash reset and follow all my steps and then tell people that money is a currency. simple economics.?
Why can't you accept that this idea isn't going to fix the economy? It'll just be another item(s) to trade for rares. That doesn't strengthen the economy at all. That does nothing for the economy. It's as useful as introducing another rare, really.

nate

alright so if you were going to buy a beret from someone, its really dumb to say its worth about 1k rouge sets. with the introduction of gp into the economy as a viable and stable set of values to items. people will finally have a grasp on worth rather than guessing based on how much they like/dont like an item. now a beret will be worth 10m. that is a concept that everyone can grasp, not just the people who have played since the dawn of time and know what every little item is worth based off other items. Remember that we WANT players to stay on this server, not confuse them. I never said it would fix the economy, it would just make it a reasonable trading system.

Krest I V

Let's say for a second that we implement this to the game. What is GP going to be worth the first week? It'll be worth quite a bit and some rares will go for very little gp. But what happens a month into the game with this new system? GP is worth a lot, lot less. Something that went for 10m when GP was valuable is now worth max cash because at this point enough skilling items have been produced to decrease the value of GP. A year into the game with this system? Anyone that wants it can get max cash fairly easily and GP is back to being useless.

Jake

Not to mention that they've brought up that they're possibly thinking of adding more rares. How would this system work if they did that? The first couple of weeks the rares would go for 15m. Then the month after it would sell for 500k.

You're saying that people are making their own prices for their rares. How does this possibly fix that problem at all? Lets put this in perspective. Person A has a beret and Person B wants to buy that beret. Person A says that he wants 5m when Person B heard that they're worth 2m. Person C comes along and says they're worth 20m.

It doesn't solve the problem at all. RSPS economy rares sell of the people who owns them judgement.

Kryptonite

I think the best solution is to let people spawn items.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

nate

Alright, so lets play the what if game. what if this was implimented? what if money is unstable for the first month? HOW ABOUT YOU LOOK AT HOW RUNEREBELS STARTED. zero cash ingame during day one, cash flow increases, cash flow continues to increase. The first month would be a little unstable, but don't you think people would realize that its really dumb to sell things for cash during this huge cash influx? You cannot condemn the idea just because it involves the process that every growing economy goes through at one point in time. as for the implementing of new rares, this effects it in no way. so what if there are new items? This money will have no effect in any way on the economy as long as people wait out buying and selling for the first month at least (which is easy considering no one actually sells things ever). As for the huge influx, who says the shop that people sell to has to give back alot of money? It could be like 10gp for each pure ess, or 50gp for each coal. try getting 10m that way. it will take a large amount of time for anything to change in price.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Krest I V