News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Logout timer?

Started by D E A T H, July 14, 2013, 12:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D E A T H

Okay I am not sure if this happens to anyone else but you check to see who is online and you're like okay cool a lot of people are on and then it turns out everyone is AFK! If you aren't going to play the game log out!!!!!!!!!!! This is really annoying with staff too because you think they are on. So if you need help they will help you quickly, but no they are instead afk. I'm not asking for like a 2 min afk log out but if you are gone for 20 minutes or more it would be nice if the server would just log them out and it's still just as easy to log back in if you are logged out.

Hope we can come to a solution to this problem.
-Jacob

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

wolf

We don't need a Logout Timer.

Jake

Admins have a command now that they use to inform you that they're afk. You can't really force people to not afk, the more numbers on the better.

D E A T H

Someone please tell me what's the point of afk? If you aren't going to play the game log out.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

wolf

Quote from: D E A T H on July 14, 2013, 11:56:37 AM
Someone please tell me what's the point of afk? If you aren't going to play the game log out.
well we get sidetracked sometimes.

Dug

Might I add that perhaps at unusual times, someone might want you to help them with something whether it be cooking food, helping move an object in the house, water the garden, feed your baby sister, feed your cats, help your grandmother down the stairs. You would be quick to respond and not delay time in some cases.
Also, what if that person wanted to read what they had missed? I've got a habit of reading conversations that i've missed.. I've had several thousands of Skype messages everyday because of the time difference between myself and the staff chats or group chats. Perhaps someone might not want to miss some information?
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Jake

Quote from: Dug on July 14, 2013, 12:37:32 PM
Might I add that perhaps at unusual times, someone might want you to help them with something whether it be cooking food, helping move an object in the house, water the garden, feed your baby sister, feed your cats, help your grandmother down the stairs. You would be quick to respond and not delay time in some cases.
Also, what if that person wanted to read what they had missed? I've got a habit of reading conversations that i've missed.. I've had several thousands of Skype messages everyday because of the time difference between myself and the staff chats or group chats. Perhaps someone might not want to miss some information?
I think dug nailed it there. Some people may not intentionally want to be afk, some things pop up at times and take you away from the computer.

It's not as if you're the only one that has to experience people being afk, it's everyone. It's bearable at the maximum.

Ry60003333

I don't know, I kind of like leaving the game up overnight while I'm asleep. :) Although I do mark myself as AFK when I know that I will be gone for long periods of time; I mean we have the CPU, memory, and bandwidth to support players staying on while they are AFK.

If the server had 2000 players on it, most of which were AFK, then I might add a logout timer. ::)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.