News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

buying a new computer

Started by Predator, December 24, 2012, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predator

so.. im buying myself a new computer in a few days, but im still thinking of witch one i should buy..
first of all im really into mac :) like the new imac ( http://www.apple.com/no/imac/ )
or a custom made pc.

what do you think? any tips?

i was thinking something within the price of $2000 - $3000
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

Voltimolt

Build your own.

It's fun, cheap, and much better.

Kevin

Build a Hackintosh. It's a PC with Macintosh OS.

http://www.hackintosh.com/

Predator

i like the idea, but no thank you :) a hackintosh is not really my kind of thing :s

but thanks anyways
[COMPLETE] 1. Get 135 in every skill
[COMPLETE] 2. Pass 10 billion total experience (10/10)
[COMPLETE] 3. Pass 20 billion total experience (20/20)
[COMPLETE] 4. Pass 30 billion total experience (30/30)
[COMPLETE] 5. complete zombies all by myself (840 kills)
[PROGRESSING] 6. hit 2b Exp in all skills (15/21)
[PROGRESSING] 7. Collect 1000 exp lamps (676/1000)

D E A T H

Build your own. If you don't know where to go to get on look for fry's electronics stores around you. They have everything to build a computer.Or they build your own.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

JTtheGhost

I am a technician with ~4 years of retail PC repair/sales and 1 year of corporate hardware repair/upgrades/software/servers etc, I haven't used a mac in pretty close to 8 years now, but i'll tell you straight up they are much better to go with if you want something with a nice life span and little hassle. As for which mac, couldn't tell you, Ryan probably could suggest something nice though.

A hackintosh would probably work, but if you don't have a lot of experience with dealing with hardware/software/drivers, you might want to shy away from that, though it would sure be cheaper.

Linux, particularly ubuntu is relatively nice for environments where you are trying to reduce costs on licensing on both office and windows products, on systems with far lower specifications than most current operating systems use that are not linux.

Also if you DO build your own computer and look inside the US, i would suggest shopping for parts online at major outlets such as newegg and tigerdirect, even amazon might be OK, and currently i would not use an AMD processor, stick with intel if you're building for yourself, an i3 on a 1155 socket if you're going cheap, and an i7 on a 2011 socket if you're splurging a bit, like i did recently.

s3v

The iMac is SUPER nice! I have one from 2010 and it's running like a champ.  :D
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. â€"Kurt Vonnegut