News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Think Twice.

Started by Justice, December 18, 2012, 04:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justice

Bullying IS NOT OKAY.

[center

Real life stories

" Columbus County authorities are investigating the death of a 10-year-old girl who hanged herself Monday night after repeatedly being bullied at school.

Samantha West said she found her daughter, Jasmine McClain, dead in her bedroom Monday night.  Children started coming forward and making accusations that she was bullied â€" and bullied bad â€" in school," Shaw said.

Jasmine was picked on at Chadbourne Elementary School, West said, noting other children teased her about her clothes or her shoes. She left the school for a while and dreaded having to return about a month ago, her mother said."

SHE WAS 10.

"Phoebe Prince was a 15-year-old Irish immigrant, a student at South Hadley High School in Massachusetts. Pheobe hanged herself two days before the winter cotillion dance at her school. Pheobe, a newcomer to the school, was a victim of cyberbullying about her date for that dance, a senior football player.

Phoebe was subjected to an onslaught of bullying and was called "Irish slut" and "whore" on Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook and Formspring, and in person at the school. Even after her death, the girls left vicious messages on a Facebook page"

Feelings helpless, useless, pathetic and unwanted. People go to desperate lengths to end the pain.. the pain of life, thinking everyone around you simply wants you gone. This is the hard truth about Bullying.
- People have committed suicide in an endless variety of ways, including swallowing poisonous spiders, power-drilling holes in their heads, sticking hot pokers down their throats, choking on underwear, injecting peanut butter into their veins, crushing their necks in vices, and hurling themselves into vats of beer.

- The top predictors for suicide are diagnosable mental condition, co-morbid substance abuse, loss of social support, and access to a firearm.

- Many more suicides are linked to psychiatric illness than to serious medical disorders such as Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or cancer.

Even after people ended their misery, people continue to bully.  For example, Amanda Todd.  A gorgeous girl who made a mistake and to the world, she was nothing but a sleep-around.  But we didn't know her, we have no right to judge. Why do people have to abuse beyond the grave.  Let them rest in peace.

Please remember these tips.

It is not your fault. No matter what someone says or does, you should not be ashamed of who you are or what you feel.
  Be proud of who you are. Despite what a bully says, there are many wonderful things about you. Keep those in mind instead of the messages you hear from bullies.
    Get help. Talk to a parent, teacher, counselor, or other trusted adult. Seeing a counselor does not mean there is something wrong with you.
    Learn to deal with stress. Finding ways to relieve stress can make you more resilient so you won’t feel overwhelmed by bullying. Exercise, meditation, positive self-talk, muscle relaxation, and breathing exercises are all good ways to manage the stress from bullying.

Help:

Talk to someone you trust. This could be a teacher, parent, carer or friend. Schools have a responsibility to ensure that students aren’t bullied, and they can take action even if the bullying is happening outside school. You can call ChildLine confidentially on 0800 1111.
    Report the bullying to the internet service provider (ISP) if the bullying happened online. Ask a parent or teacher for help, or look at Chatdanger, which has safety advice about mobiles and internet use.
    Report the bullying to your mobile phone provider if you’ve received bullying texts or calls on your mobile. You may even have to change your number if you're repeatedly bullied through your phone.
    Block instant messages and emails. Ask a parent or teacher for help, or look at the Chatdanger website for advice on how to do this.
    Report serious bullying, such as physical or sexual threats, to the police.

RL:

Walk away from the bully. Bullies want to know they have control over your emotions so don’t react with anger or retaliate with physical force. If you walk away, ignore them, or calmly and assertively tell them you’re not interested in what they have to say, you’re demonstrating that they don’t have control over you.
    Protect yourself. If you can’t walk away and are being physically hurt, protect yourself so you can get away. Your safety is the first priority.
    Report the bullying to a trusted adult. If you don’t report threats and assaults, a bully will often become more and more aggressive. In many cases adults can find ways to help with the problem without letting the bully know it was you who reported them.
    Repeat as necessary. Like the bully, you may have to be relentless. Report each and every bullying incident until it stops. There is no reason for you to ever put up with bullying.

Please, remember.  The words you say can lead to someone's death.   

Suicide isn't because people are weak or selfish. It's because they're felt this way all along and it's brainwashed them to the point they believe no one cares.

[/center][/color][/size]

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2e2ik3t.png[/IMG]

I'm anti-bully.  Are you?

lollol

Well i am against bullying and stuff, but seriously! Amanda Todd is the best example you could give, she's a freaking slut! She flashed to a stranger on omegle, what was she expecting? That he compliments her on her boobs? She just killed herself because he couldn't take the consequences of her actions, people kill themselves daily because of bullying for various reasons, there is a guy thay killed himself the same day Amandda Todd died, he was bullied because he was ugly, buy nobody gives a damn, i'm not in anyway trying to start a flame war so if u think ur gonna flame me for my opinion just don't reply to me.
Quote from: Yoho on May 26, 2011, 12:06:29 PM
"Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind"

(Just for the lulz :D)

96% of people won't stand up for God
Put this in your Sig if you are one of the 4% who will"
‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Justice

Quote from: lollol on December 18, 2012, 04:12:32 AM
Well i am against bullying and stuff, but seriously! Amanda Todd is the best example you could give, she's a freaking slut! She flashed to a stranger on omegle, what was she expecting? That he compliments her on her boobs? She just killed herself because he couldn't take the consequences of her actions, people kill themselves daily because of bullying for various reasons, there is a guy thay killed himself the same day Amandda Todd died, he was bullied because he was ugly, buy nobody gives a damn, i'm not in anyway trying to start a flame war so if u think ur gonna flame me for my opinion just don't reply to me.

Okay, well this comes down to Maturity.  She's dead, gone, YOU DO NOT KNOW HER nor do I.  Now you're being a bully. It doesn't make sense if you're against it and is already attacking her.  She made a mistake, truth be told she tried moving on and no one would let her. 

Quite franky, how dare you.

" She didn't deserve anything she was put through, to me the ppl who led her to do this dnt hav a very smart head it's terrible to say and do those things to someone she made a mistake and everyone makes those and all she wanted was forgiveness, kindness, friends, and to have someone to trust but no instead she got the lame excuses for ppl tht treated her that way"
"I feel really bad for her for people that don't understand they judge her and say it was her fault but all she wanted was somebody to care about her and she was really verbal society is a hard place to live and nobody has any right to judge she may have put yourself in that situation but she didn't do it on purpose I do feel sorry for her nobody deserves to be bullied or treated like crap,"

lollol

Quote from: Justice on December 18, 2012, 04:16:55 AM

Okay, well this comes down to Maturity.  She's dead, gone, YOU DO NOT KNOW HER nor do I.  Now you're being a bully. It doesn't make sense if you're against it and is already attacking her.  She made a mistake, truth be told she tried moving on and no one would let her. 

" She didn't deserve anything she was put through, to me the ppl who led her to do this dnt hav a very smart head it's terrible to say and do those things to someone she made a mistake and everyone makes those and all she wanted was forgiveness, kindness, friends, and to have someone to trust but no instead she got the lame excuses for ppl tht treated her that way"
"I feel really bad for her for people that don't understand they judge her and say it was her fault but all she wanted was somebody to care about her and she was really verbal society is a hard place to live and nobody has any right to judge she may have put yourself in that situation but she didn't do it on purpose I do feel sorry for her nobody deserves to be bullied or treated like crap,"

How was i bullying again? I'm saying that Amanda Todd gets waaay too much attention, she isn't the only one that killed herself, that's not fair is it? It's just my opinion though.

‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Justice

Quote from: lollol on December 18, 2012, 04:24:14 AM

How was i bullying again? I'm saying that Amanda Todd gets waaay too much attention, she isn't the only one that killed herself, that's not fair is it? It's just my opinion though.
"she's a freaking slut!"

Amanda Todd Is dead, Lollol.  I don't think she can get attention anymore.   We need to think about stopping these things instead of promoting it which should be the humane thing to do.

lollol

Quote from: Justice on December 18, 2012, 04:27:06 AM

"she's a freaking slut!"

Amanda Todd Is dead, Lollol.  I don't think she can get attention anymore.   We need to think about stopping these things instead of promoting it which should be the humane thing to do.

Well i said that for a reason you know, flashing in front of a stranger isn't tge smartest thing to do, but you're right, she's dead, let her R.I.P
Moving on....

‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Justice

Quote from: lollol on December 18, 2012, 04:29:51 AM

"she's a freaking slut!"

Well i said that for a reason you know, flashing in front of a stranger isn't tge smartest thing to do, but you're right, she's dead, let her R.I.P
Moving on....
Yeah :)  Good job.  Nowaday's people do it, it's society. Pretty stuffed up right?

lollol

Quote from: Justice on December 18, 2012, 04:31:33 AM
Quote from: lollol on December 18, 2012, 04:29:51 AM

"she's a freaking slut!"

Moving on....
Yeah :)  Good job.  Nowaday's people do it, it's society. Pretty stuffed up right?

True, and look at the bright side here, your post count is now 6 jusy cause of this topic! Lol

‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Wild

Why are you posting this in the forums of allgofree? I don't think people here are really bullying.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Grievous

Wild is a big boy bully.

Justice

Quote from: Wild on December 18, 2012, 10:43:23 AM
Why are you posting this in the forums of allgofree? I don't think people here are really bullying.
Than you are blind, my friend.   
I have been bullied/given death threats by members on AGF.

And it doesn't matter if it's on the forums, it's to make people aware of what bullying can do.

brianc

Quote from: Wild on December 18, 2012, 10:43:23 AM

This would be why it's called Off-Topic discussion my friend.

Meaning not pertaining to Worldscape or AllGoFree.

-------

On the note of bullying.

I strongly am anti-bully.

Being bullied is why I have seizure because of being beat nearly to death several times.

From being kicked in the head, punched in the face with chains...

All because of "He said, She said." things which as a result is bullying.

Thank you for this post.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Jake

Word of advice; If you're getting 'death threats' or people are 'bullying' you then you best report it. Other wise people will keep getting away with it. This is allowed to be posted here, Wild. It's in the correct board also.

I'm against bullying but people don't do much about it. I don't see WorldScape as that type of server but if a one off person does do this then get it sorted out.