News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Boss Npc's.

Started by Jake, December 10, 2012, 06:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I think we should add some Boss Npc's with some rare drops, there's not much to test yourself on. Maybe Jad could be fixed up? As long as the mapdata is added for the 508. But I just think Worldscape has always lacked in this department and it's never been a strong point.

It could also be an advertising aspect too.

Just a suggestion  8)

Kevin

We discussed doing either KBD or Kalphite Queen. Not sure what the drops would be.

Altaïr

Well what would you guys consider rare? I guess that could be a drop.
I would suggest something myself but I'm still looking out for replacement parts for my desktop. (I have a 200watt PSU trying to chug two hard drives, and external firewire drive, an ATI gpu running in low power mode and a wifi card, so I'm not left with much more room for anything intensive atm :(  )

Also, what about making said bosses level dependant on the player facing them. All you'd need is to shove the bosses in a single-combat zone so a noob can kill the boss with equal challenge to a 138.

Jake

A set level would make it better, Something high leveled. That way it's actually an achievement when you've defeated it.

Kalphite Queen would be nice. She's been pretty inactive in her cave since the beginning of Worldscape. Most people probably don't even know the command. Also you can make it into a little quest sort of thing to be able to verse her. Like you need to defeat 10 workers and 10 soldiers to be have the ability to attack her.

I'm thinking combat items, considering it's a boss. Maybe AGS's, SS, Bandos, 3a etc that way there's more ways to get those items other than barrows  ::) (Or donating)

gomes97

kevin just look dont get lesser rares because all the kills there are not many rares anymore.

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Free Legend

I think boss npc's would be fun. Not the normal Runescape bosses though. Maybe the development team could think of something really unique.

Altaïr

Here's a wild idea: Custom boss, one brand new that's been made in 3DSMax or something.

And no, I won't be modelling one if the idea goes ahead, I'm useless at designing shit. :(

Kevin

We discussed a boss last night. Not going to give away a lot of details about it. It is going to be a boss with a twist of a sort. We are just deciding what the drops are going to be for it. Not sure when this will happen. But it will. I hope soon :)

Jake

Quote from: Kevin on December 11, 2012, 04:39:50 PM
We discussed a boss last night. Not going to give away a lot of details about it. It is going to be a boss with a twist of a sort. We are just deciding what the drops are going to be for it. Not sure when this will happen. But it will. I hope soon :)
Will there be a poll or something similar for the community to vote for what drops will be added or will it be purely off staff decision?

Grievous

Good idea, but please don't ruin rares, if anything make them drop good-cheap pking gear? (Barrow gloves, fighter torso)

Jake

Quote from: Grievous on December 12, 2012, 06:43:46 AM
Good idea, but please don't ruin rares, if anything make them drop good-cheap pking gear? (Barrow gloves, fighter torso)
There's hardly any rares floating around. The people who have them will give no one any chance of buying them. Who ever is in possession of them are pretty much keeping them.

Grievous

I mean, do they really have to? If anything, add new rares, it's unfair to the people who've worked hard for them.

Jake

They don't have to but if they want some use for things they're adding they should at least make it worth while for the player. I agree with new rares, Or highly valuable items. Combat items would be pretty good, Like you said. (Torso, Barrow gloves etc)

Grievous

Making it worth while is probably the hardest thing here, making it good, but not too good, if you know what I mean?

Jake

I personally think it should be super hard. That way it's actually an accomplishment when you've defeated the boss.

Put it this way.
  Easy to kill; Lower rare drop rate.

Harder to kill; Higher rare drop rate.