News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

What can the community do?

Started by Free Legend, December 09, 2012, 04:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Legend

I'd love to see a website. I could definitely design a theme for it if necessary, I have several already made specifically for Rs2 servers. We could add highscores to the website, as well as the website, news, and maybe players online.

Jack

1.) We should get vBulletin forums, all forums with that software are big. We need them because we're having a fresh start, there unique, they show wealth and are alot better then SMF.

2.) We need to make a proper highScores system with the proper layout and css.

3.) We need to advertise everyday, we should add a vote4tokens (vote for camp tokens, or zombie tokens and you get like 50 every vote, and make it so you can vote every 2 hours.)

4.) We need more staff who are active, the only active start if kyle, oscar and kevin and ryan.

Krest I V

I like the SMF forums better than vBulletin ones. And not all the big ones are vBulletin. Some are, but not by any means all of them. The highscores system seems fine. It updates something like once a minute so that's more than quick enough. I agree that we should add a voting system and a reward, but 50 tokens every two hours will get abused and people will get things like the 10th Squad Sigil rather quickly if they voted six or seven times a day.

Genuine

All the Moderators and Owners have been on daily, Jack.
You don't need that many moderators on at a time for the amount of players that are on at the moment.

Jake

SMF is far superior to vBulletien, any day of the week. The type of forum really doesn't determine how many players are active on the game it self. A thriving community on any type of forum attracts players.

The Highscores could do for a bit of a makeover. It's not all that important but it could be a strong point.

I sort of see where Jack's coming from. There isn't that many In-Game moderators that are active. They log on but usually just afk. But i do respect that they're at least getting on to show support.

James

Quote from: Jack on December 10, 2012, 06:14:59 PM

4.) We need more staff who are active, the only active start if kyle, oscar and kevin and ryan.

I definitely don't agree with that one. The staff is set pretty well.

Free Legend

Quote from: Jack on December 10, 2012, 06:14:59 PM
1.) We should get vBulletin forums, all forums with that software are big. We need them because we're having a fresh start, there unique, they show wealth and are alot better then SMF.

2.) We need to make a proper highScores system with the proper layout and css.

3.) We need to advertise everyday, we should add a vote4tokens (vote for camp tokens, or zombie tokens and you get like 50 every vote, and make it so you can vote every 2 hours.)

- SMF is much better for customization purposes and modifications.
- The highscores are fine, just because they aren't like the Runescape highscores doesn't mean they're wrong.. The Runescape highscores that everyone uses are pretty stupid honestly. I usually leave servers if they have those. These fit the website.
- Voting for rewards would probably make me leave, because it doesn't bring players that actually like servers, it brings players that want a quick, lame, mainstream pk server.
- The staff are active.

Kevin

The inactive staff are no longer on the list of staff.

Free Legend

Quote from: Kevin on December 11, 2012, 03:24:29 PM
The inactive staff are no longer on the list of staff.

Exactly, so that dispute is settled.

Ry60003333

If someone can make a better highscores front end that I can put within the forum layout I would consider using it! 8)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Jake

Quote from: Free Legend on December 12, 2012, 05:13:39 PM
Exactly, so that dispute is settled.
It wasn't a dispute. He was just stating his opinion, which he is entitled to do.

Genuine

I believe that you should get rid of the newer items such as Bandos and the Keris. It's just not the same when you're fighting in Dharoks and someone in Bandos comes and destroys everyone.

Just my opinion, and I know a few people will disagree with it.

Grievous

Quote from: Rory on December 14, 2012, 04:21:28 AM
I believe that you should get rid of the newer items such as Bandos and the Keris. It's just not the same when you're fighting in Dharoks and someone in Bandos comes and destroys everyone.

I don't, nobody likes someone in maxed gear hitting 78+ on you. :p

Dug

Quote from: Grievous on December 14, 2012, 05:22:51 AM
Quote from: Rory on December 14, 2012, 04:21:28 AM
I don't, nobody likes someone in maxed gear hitting 78+ on you. :p
Well that's not entirely true. At times that's one of the techniques for someone who wants to kill a person with revenge, justice. Also, possibly removing those items will leave the community with less items to trade with don't you think? More items are needed in the game which has already been discussed in another thread.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Ry60003333

I agree that there is an imbalance in the power of items in the game, but I thought that this topic was more about reviving the community, such as getting everyone active and participating on the forums.  :)

Kevin and I are doing everything to get the word out there about the server; we make sure to keep our advertising topics bumped and spread the word about the server! 8)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.