News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

The Veterans.

Started by Dug, December 07, 2012, 02:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dug

Wouldn't it be possible to retrieve old players back through their email? Not that they check them on a daily basis, but it's possibly a good idea :\. The e-mail should also link them to restoring their account along with a brief description to catch what's left of their interest.
This may bring back some players, but we have to keep in mind that it'll bring back some good, as well as bad.
What do you all think about this idea?

Edit: If this topic was suggested long ago, then let me know with a link attached so that it is confirmed it isn't repeated thanks. (:
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

D E A T H

I have suggested this back a month ago too. :) I like the idea too.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Rex

Jack

I want this to happen aswell!

Kevin

Ryan and I have been talking about this for some time now. I may be able to do a mass email. But it will lagg the site. As it will be sending 30,000+ emails out to people.

Dug

Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2012, 04:31:55 PM
Ryan and I have been talking about this for some time now. I may be able to do a mass email. But it will lagg the site. As it will be sending 30,000+ emails out to people.
That would be true, so perhaps this could be done during some off-time or how about sending out the message in bits, such as portion by portion?
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kevin

Quote from: Dug on December 07, 2012, 04:42:44 PM
Quote from: Kevin on December 07, 2012, 04:31:55 PM
That would be true, so perhaps this could be done during some off-time or how about sending out the message in bits, such as portion by portion?

I'll probably send it out about 2AM my time. And I can't send it out by bits. It's either all or nothing.

Jake

I'm sure if you made a topic on the Announcement board, people wouldn't mind.

In the end it'll, hopefully, bring some old players back.

dieknowsawr

I like this idea too :)

But personally i've contacted a few that I got really close to, and all say
they're to busy, with school etc.. But yeah i support it:)

Kevin

I talked with Ryan, we'll send it out over Winter Break. That way he can be at his house and send it through a VPS. So it won't lag the server. And he needs help from Seva :D

Jake

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2012, 06:36:15 AM
I talked with Ryan, we'll send it out over Winter Break. That way he can be at his house and send it through a VPS. So it won't lag the server. And he needs help from Seva :D
Happy days. lets hope this gets some old players back, Get this place going again.

Ry60003333

This is the plan so far! ;D
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

s3v

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 10, 2012, 10:00:11 PM
This is the plan so far! ;D

Sounds good in the hood to me.  ;D
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. â€"Kurt Vonnegut

Free Legend

Actually, I do really like this idea. Maybe even include in the email that we are starting with a "fresh" community, and putting all problems behind us, so that maybe they will come back with a positive attitude.

Kevin

We'll more than likely include directions on how to recover your account and links where to do this with links to play. Ect ect.