News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Why this server doesn't get new players.

Started by Joris, November 01, 2012, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joris

First of all, having a forum as homepage sucks, there isn't even a download page, if you want to gain players, don't use a forum skin from 2004 but get a modern and better website.

If i saw this website for the first time now, i wouldn't be able to find a client, so you guys should fix it.

D E A T H

A million of these topics will be made and shit will be done.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Dench

Stay if you want to help Worldscape but if you're just going to sit there and come up with faults f*ck off.

James

Quote from: Connor on November 01, 2012, 03:39:05 PM
Stay if you want to help Worldscape but if you're just going to sit there and come up with faults f*ck off.

D E A T H

I've been waiting since June please tell me when the updates will be here Connor.

James

Quote from: D E A T H on November 02, 2012, 04:22:47 PM
I've been waiting since June please tell me when the updates will be here Connor.

What you all don't understand, is we do this for fun, and actually have things we have to get out and do in real life.  Honestly, we'd still continue to develop worldscape and rune rebels if not a single person played them. Why? Because we have fun doing it.  We aren't expecting any time of money or income otherwise from the servers (yes, people are free to donate if they want to maintain the VPS's).  Ryan has college, Kevin has work, Alex has school, and I have a business to run.  We ARE working on updates, it just takes us a lot longer now with the very limited time we have.

It has been said before, and I will say it again.  You are not forced to play Worldscape. You are not forced to use the forums.  If you want to leave, there's the door.

D E A T H

I'm just sick and tired of "What happened to Worldscape" topics I see one very day James.

James

Quote from: D E A T H on November 02, 2012, 11:37:44 PM
I'm just sick and tired of "What happened to Worldscape" topics I see one very day James.

The truth is, nothing happened to Worldscape. That's the problem. We are actively developing several different things at the moment. Worldscape is still being actively worked on as well, just not as active as we'd all like.

wolf

Quote from: Joris on November 01, 2012, 02:28:56 PM
First of all, having a forum as homepage sucks, there isn't even a download page, if you want to gain players, don't use a forum skin from 2004 but get a modern and better website.

If i saw this website for the first time now, i wouldn't be able to find a client, so you guys should fix it.
Untrue, its simply because they have nobody to play with.

Voltimolt

When I first started hosting my own server, I gained 22 players within 6 hours (all were active for 6 hours), but the only reason why i got these players was on that same day I started the server, added it on runelocus which gave me a 100% up-time automatically (eventually, the server being on the front page), and also I was on the server the whole 6 hours, but that was way back, 3-4 years ago, when I was 13 years old at the time.

You could use the same strategy, I did it a couple of times getting 22 unique players every time I did it. (I was 13, parents wouldn't let me leave the computer on 24/7, so I left it up for 6 hours for 3 days before closing the server permanently.) I gained about 69 unique players in 3 days using this strategy. (didn't have to pay for anything except for electrical bills :))

What I'm trying to say (and I'm just messing around the original strategy), is get a couple of admins on, while your server is on the front page, and you're bound to get players staying in the future (due to the fact that unlike me, your online 24/7).

I'm also saying, if I was a new player is I would stay if the admins were on, helping me out (because that's what i did back then) then in the future keeping account of all the advice the admins gave, I would then just go on and meet other people when if the admins weren't on.

nate

Quote from: Voltimolt on November 03, 2012, 08:00:18 AM
When I first started hosting my own server, I gained 22 players within 6 hours (all were active for 6 hours), but the only reason why i got these players was on that same day I started the server, added it on runelocus which gave me a 100% up-time automatically (eventually, the server being on the front page), and also I was on the server the whole 6 hours, but that was way back, 3-4 years ago, when I was 13 years old at the time.

You could use the same strategy, I did it a couple of times getting 22 unique players every time I did it. (I was 13, parents wouldn't let me leave the computer on 24/7, so I left it up for 6 hours for 3 days before closing the server permanently.) I gained about 69 unique players in 3 days using this strategy. (didn't have to pay for anything except for electrical bills :))

What I'm trying to say (and I'm just messing around the original strategy), is get a couple of admins on, while your server is on the front page, and you're bound to get players staying in the future (due to the fact that unlike me, your online 24/7).

I'm also saying, if I was a new player is I would stay if the admins were on, helping me out (because that's what i did back then) then in the future keeping account of all the advice the admins gave, I would then just go on and meet other people when if the admins weren't on.

This is actually a great idea! ;D

This is / isn't a serious post