News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Forum Updates

Started by Qorx, September 09, 2012, 08:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qorx

Hey,

I think our forums should be upgraded to vBulletin or something, or maybe they should be cleaned out of all of the spam and stuff and remove a lot of old accounts to speed up the forums.

I think we should add a tab to the navbar and include all of the links in it like how RuneRebels has the 'Game' tab. I think it could be a good addition. Also, could you add the same theme RuneRebels has to this forum?

Click here to see my goals and achievements.

Jake

All-Go-Free is a SMF community, for as long as I can remember anyway. Changing it would be like changing the ingredients to KFC's chicken.

As for the extra tab(s) I half agree with you. I think it's not easy enough to find the Download link for the clients. It needs to be really obvious and easy to see, tab bar works perfectly. Only thing I'm worried about is a little bit of over crowding.

Qorx

Fair enough. But as for the 'Game' tab, I think it doesn't matter if it looks a little 'over crowding' I think it is better for newer players to be able to find the links straight away, also I think they should get the webclients up.

Jake

Quote from: Qorx on September 09, 2012, 04:33:45 PM
Fair enough. But as for the 'Game' tab, I think it doesn't matter if it looks a little 'over crowding' I think it is better for newer players to be able to find the links straight away, also I think they should get the webclients up.
That's a fair point you raise there. Some people might not like the crowdedness and might scare them off a little bit from using the forums. Maybe drop down tabs? Like if you hover over a tab called "Community" you can choose to browse the forums or search the high scores, check the staff list etcetera.

Also, about the webclients, they were taken down, I think, because of troubles that could arise with copyright and whatnot. I'm not 100% on all those rules but that's just what I've heard. Clients are much cleaner anyway but can't stop some people playing if they use their parents computer, Or family computer.

Qorx

Yeah. That's what I mean a drop-down menu the exact same as the one on RuneRebels.

Jake

Quote from: Qorx on September 10, 2012, 02:37:15 AM
Yeah. That's what I mean a drop-down menu the exact same as the one on RuneRebels.
Then yes, It could be done and should be done  8)

Desolate

Zomg, a 'download here!' tab should be added.  :o

Jake

Quote from: Jarred on September 12, 2012, 06:32:27 AM
Zomg, a 'download here!' tab should be added.  :o
Either that or something similar to that, I agree.